Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - December 2012 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-31-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 157.2
No Change
Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #3  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, December goal...I'm gonna start working out again. I can find an hour or so for my exercise, I've just been lazy...still can't do the boardwalk, though as it's still not there! But I live in place with lots of hilly roads, so there are workouts to be had. That's my goal...and of course, day one it looks like snow is coming, not sure, just overcast something fierce, but no excuses, I'll get something in today...but first coffee.

Happy December everyone.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #4  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Happy December, everyone! I'm a total Christmas addict, so everyone will have to put up with the emphasis I put on the holiday. It was the only religion I had growing up!

I'm dealing with a stuffed up head and sneezing this morning. Hopefully that will all clear up after I've had a hot shower.

Diana: I don't blame you one little bit for being excited about the cruise! I can't wait to hear about it and live vicariously through you when you get back.

Excellent goal for December, MamaKat! I just started my December goal sheet to record my daily calorie, sodium, fat intake and daily glucose and BP readings. Keeping those daily records helps me focus on the goal of improving my health rather than getting all obsessive about what the scale says.

Well, really, I just stopped in to subscribe to the December thread, so I need to stop procrastinating and take care of my online obligations and move on to my workout.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. Let's all totally ROCK December!
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Is it seriously December already? wow.

Time flies when you are busy and overwhelmed.

I am caught up with work-work though (a small pile of marking beside me but I'll take care of that tonight), getting used to the new 4 legged roomies... and the human roomie is fine. And getting over my cold... hoping to be a lot better by tomorrow morning.

December goals - keep up with the planned lunches, increase the workout, actually take those measurements and find out 'recorded' starting weight on December 19.
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218.2/176.6/128

Height: 5'5"

Hello, mind if I join?

Dec start weight 191.6
Dec Goals: weight:183, workout 3x week, post meals and exercise for accountability

Planned Today: C25K W1D3
Kyrren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #7  
Because I am.

Kyrren.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #8  

Hello everyone! I attempted the September accountability thread, but never made it through the month. But, I'm back, and ready to tackle this change again!!

Today I went to the gym and did a zumba class (so much fun). I consumed 1100 calories. I'm feeling pretty wonderful.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I went to my Mom's house to go through some more things while DH did some work there. I noticed there was a problem with the last water bill at my Mom's house. Right before my Dad passed, they came through with city water. Before that they had a well/pump. They got the city water, but since then they kept developing water leaks. Mama would have a neighbor do the repairs. We went there last weekend to see if we could find the leak in the yard. Sure enough, with the help of the neighbor, we found the soft spot. A friend of ours has a commercial plumbing business. He sent a worker out today with a truck loaded with supplies and a backhoe. DH and the worker laid new water lines outside for the whole house. In the process they noticed a dead tree and took that down with the backhoe. They started work at 8 AM and we left at 7 PM. So, no official workout for me. They will go back in a couple of weeks to check for leaks. I noticed there is a small leak at the bathroom sink (not related to the outside work), so they will fix that and I want the fluidmaster replaced in the toilet. The outside lines were very old and the city water has more pressure than the well/pump. Hopefully all of that will be resolved with the new lines.

Mamakat Have you ever tried working out with DVD's? Were you able to get a workout in today? Did it snow?

Worththeeffort I look forward to hearing about your fun Christmas doings.

Time4me2change Are the 4 legged roomies inquisitive about the new place and you?

Kyrren Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Lauren Hi and welcome back. Good job today!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1765 +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (280 calories)
Ricotta cheese 210 calories
cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Snack (260 calories)
plain Greek yogurt 260 calories

Dinner (830 Calories)
Sloppy joe mixture on hamburger bun 500 calories
1/2 Amy's Apple mini pie 230 calories
vanilla ice cream 100 calories

Exercise:
NONE
Old 12-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #11  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Ran tonight. Getting up in the morning to Run Over Cancer. They're raising money for a lil' baby with leukemia, and going is apart of one of my class grades. Got my lunched planned out for tomorrow, pork loin is thawing and I'm making butternut squash "fries." Then I'll write a paper the rest of the day. A little organization goes a long way.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1765 +
Weigh In: 157 (TTOM)
Down: .2

AKA I hope you have a great race tomorrow. I know the family appreciates the help from the community. Great job planning and for getting that run in!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-02-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #13  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana It did not snow, but was uber chilly. I did not get exercise in. Not sure if I have ever mentioned this, but I have anger issues Side effect of all all the crap growing up, plus being Bipolar, I sometimes become a rager (not fit for public or home) Yesterday was BAD. I could have easily killed someone, I was so over the edge. So I tried to hide and keep everyone safe...sane thoughts, according to doctors and therapists...one day I may not think sanely which will turn out terrible, BUT yesterday, although I was violent and completely raging verbally, I did not physically hurt anyone (including myself) which is amazing, I was soooo angry (and for no reason...that's the scary part). So going out would have been crazy and seriously hearing people talk (even my people) made me angry, so hiding was my best bet. Hopefully today will be better...so far, no one is speaking to me which is like gold to my ears...therapist says I'm sound sensitive and sometimes need total quiet which is impossible when you live with other people, who by the way can't take a bleeping hint! OK, new day new day new day...LOL.

Glad you got the leak fixed. It's nice when you have friends and/or the DH knows how to fix things up. My DH can do just about anything, once he studies a bit. He's rewired this old house, replumbed (so not a word) and now just put us from oil to gas heating. He built a gorgeous deck off the side of our house and all by himself. He's a guru. Ask me to fix something and you'll be buying a whole new one I tried to put an exercise bike together,once and with DH's help. I put one thing on wrong and destroyed the whole assembly which was almost completed. I did that our 1st year of marriage and he still brings it up. Never ask me to fix something Oh, we don't have dvd players or vcrs in the house. We only have one tv and it's turned into a computer screen, but the computer was so cheap the dvd thing never worked. SO it's the Wii or nothing at all...I just gotta stop being lazy...and everyone needs to LEAVE!

OK that post was long...sorry. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Sorry for long post, I kinda needed to vent...see the steam coming out of my ears? Yikes, no more rage days for the rest of the year...that would be nice for everyone. I really am a nice person, but boy you wouldn't have thought so yesterday...

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #14  
Because I am.

Okay, right out of the gate I just want to say, I totally hate sneezing when I have a mouthful of raisin bran.

Hi, Lauren. Welcome back to the thread. You are so lucky to be able to do a Zumba class. I have two left feet so any sort of dance aerobics has always been a disaster for me.

Diana: It sounds like you were busy and on the move all day yesterday. Me, too, doing the decorating and housework thing, so no workout here.

AKA: Good job with the runs and getting organized to meet the day!

MamaKat: Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. There are mini-DVD players available on the market that might be an inexpensive way to be able to do exercise videos in any room of your house, so you'd have the privacy you desire. Doing something physical, like running or throwing a baseball into a back catch in your yard might help you burn off some of your anger.

I know we're talking apples and oranges when it comes to anger issues, due to your past, but I know when I'm feeling really mad yanking weeds out of the ground or doing a really hard workout gives me a way to re-direct the energy from the anger in a non-destructive. Well, non-destructive to me. Not so much for the weeds.

Right now, I'm sitting at the kitchen table savoring my coffee and watching about 10 black-capped chickadees ravage the suet and feeders. A female cardinal was here just a few moments ago. I think she's feeding on the ground beneath the feeder station. We got a dusting of snow. Oh, crap. And now it's freezing rain. Not good but at least we're both safe inside and don't have to be out on the roads. I hope others stay safe.

The sugar-free brownie mix was an utter disaster. How awful! Not only is the texture rubbery and sticky, whatever is in the mix generates an outrageous amount of gas and--unfortunately, the trots. And that's after only one brownie! There's no way I'm giving that stuff to my elderly father for Christmas! So now, I'm torn between trying to bake sugar-free recipes, which I don't trust to come out well or paying huge prices for diabetic sweets from places like Swiss Colony. I'm ndecided at this point.

On the up-side, the brownie acted like a colon cleanse and my weight actually dropped overnight as a result. At least now, post-TOM and post-brownie, I have a more accurate read on my actual weight going forward into December. No more stepping on the scale for me until Jan. 1.

The Christmas tree is up. I'm attaching a photo. I used all blown-glass ornaments this year. I collect Christmas ornaments and have been focusing on blown glass for the last few years. I also have bird-themed ornaments and folk art ornaments. Although I've bought reproduction blown glass ornaments, I'd really like to find some original antique glass to add to my collection. My mom has all her grandmother and great grandmother's ornaments that she puts on her tree as well as the White House ornaments. Some of the antique glass are just crazy designs.

Now, I really need to finish my coffee and do a workout so I can turn my attention to getting Christmas cards organized.

Last edited by worththeeffort2; 02-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #15  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - I swear you and I are alike too much sometimes. I do not handle outward affection towards others very well. I have gotten to where I can hug the kids quick for goodnight and such, but why do we have to "show" people our affection when our actions state how much we care? I don't need physical contact to know who cares for me, the ones who do will step up when needed. Right? You wouldn't have the rodents around if you didn't adore your kidlets, right? I say drop it and don't stress too. My kids have told me they know I love them, and uncomfortably, so have my close friends. It's due to the actions we display, not the touching we do in public...thank goodness! Don't ever worry about venting.. this forum seems to be awesome for that.

Diana - I can't believe you actually went a day without an official workout :O That shocked me to read, but then again, you are always slammed busy too - so the "day" was a workout

Did the elliptical yesterday, just wasn't enough time to do a cool down too if I wanted a slower start to the day...which I sooo did. Today will be some cleaning and TONS of schoolwork that I slacked off on this week. I have a high A average in everything, so honestly if I have a semi-sucky week it won't kill my GPA, but think I am too much of a perfectionist to let this happen. We will see. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote