Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 194 pounds/ Goal weight: 171 p

Height: Female, 1.78 or 5 foot 10

Ona and Misti,

Thanks for your encouraging words.

I stuck to my plan on my fourth night on not overeating and it feels great.

I have calculated my calories for the night and instead of 2600 calories, I´m having maximum 536 at night. I intend to reduce that as soon as possible, hopefully to none.
Rosamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #467  
Empress/Queen

Good morning, all. I am having trouble getting started today as it cold for here.

This is a flyby. Just wanted to say hello. Brain not really working yet lol.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #468  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

HALLELUJAH!!! This morning's WI = 149.2! I finally hit the 140's and am down 2 pounds from last week. Stayed OP yesterday, eating 1736 calories.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #469  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

everybody..

Great WI Plucky enjoy the pool

You're right Novangel,it really isn't worth it,is it awesome job battling through Jullian

You're doing it Rosamarie

Amarantha

Misty,you were awesome to stop at that small amount of candy. That would have set me off I was talking to the trainer this morning about a new portein bar they have.it's low in everything but I know how stuff like that does me.He said..yeah.it's portein and sugar and that's why most protein bar send me outta control.He said i can get the ones that don't taste good and they might do me a little better but I think I'll just stay away from them and make a healthy sweet treat.

It was too cold outside to jog this morning,i had lots of energy and said to myself..just face the scale and get on w/it. I WI @ 162.2 I then had to do something.. i put on my clothes and went to the gym.Did an hour on the threadmill,then planks,etc... it felt great.
Came back and WI @ 161.2. Have today planned.,got to go to Mothers and I'm going to keep thinking about what I've done to myself(what the scale said) and hopefully that should help me mentally keep it together.

Last edited by OnaMi; 12-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #470  
One Day At A Time

Missy awesome Job
Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody.

Thanks Ona.

Had a great class at the pool. Came home and had lunch. I have a Board meeting at 2:30. DH is having leg of lamb and brown rice for dinner. I don't eat lamb but will have tofu, veggies and brown rice. I really need veggies, all I have are onions. Lol
Going to the farmer's market tomorrow at 7:30 am. I hate getting veggies at the chain supermarket, I find it depressing seeing all those over travelled fruits and veggies.

Be well!
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #472  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

OnaMi - I'm not big on protien bars unless they're dipped in chocolate, and at that point I might just as well eat a candy bar for the calories. I know what you mean about snacking at your mother's, I'm the same way at my in-laws: there's always food there and it's always really good. I usually can't/don't say no, so I try to eat lightly the rest of the day when I know I'm going over there. Pound cake in a mug sounds like a good way to keep portions under control.

Rosamaria - I haven't read all of your posts, but if you're having trouble with night eating, is it possible to eat less during the day (maybe delay breakfast by a few hours or eat a very small one) and save most of your calories for the evening? It doesn't seem to matter so much when you eat as how much you eat.

TheLauren - That's a good attitude to have! It's too easy to overeat during the holidays and then just say f*** it, it's too hard to stay OP everyday so why bother at all? Good for you for getting right back on track.

Misti - You seem so busy lately! What type of work do you do?

novangle - A few weeks ago I rented Jillian's 30 day shred from the library, and I never even put in the player! At least you did the video.

I'm sorry that I've been so far behind on personals, I normally log and and try to respond in the morning while having my tea, but my son has been getting up at the same time as me so I haven't had any quiet time in the morning to myself.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #473  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Missy! That is awesome!

I've been behaving diet-wise and have been, in my opinion, doing exceptionally well with my activity. I did a 30 minute very brisk walk this morning and then the 45 minute intermediate Fluidity routine. Yesterday I did the Zumba xbox Kinect game for a 50 minute routine and it really kicked my tail - it was INTENSE. I'm doing 6 days of exercise and 1 day of rest each week. I recorded my measurements and plan to measure myself every 2 weeks to see how things are progressing since this darn scale won't move. I am noticing some subtle changes in how my clothes fit. I would like to get to a bathing suit (not bikini :-)) size by the end of April for an outing that we have planned. I'm hoping there will be some countdown to summer challenges coming up after the new year.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #474  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good afternoon i used to post in here but havent in a long long time...am still doing good counting calories and working out...today is a rest day for exercise because i'm home all day with my younger son (winter break from school) and his cousin is here also...i did shovel the whole driveway but it didn't seem like very hard work lol...ran errands this morning and got the bills paid...it's snowing and we're supposed to get a few more inches of snow today too...time to sit down for awhile
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 190/185/130 [url=http://www.3f

Height: 5'4"

Angry brand new old lady in transition

Greetings, This is my first day on this web site, and not really sure how to subscribe. I just started the Ideal Protein Diet and this is day 2- I am not feeling very good at all, but I am committed. Today I weigh 185 pounds, am 5'4" and am 60 years old. My goal is to be more active and healthy and I need the accountability as well as the support. Thank you all. Kimbow
kimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #476  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post

novangle - A few weeks ago I rented Jillian's 30 day shred from the library, and I never even put in the player! At least you did the video
I swear by Jillian but OMG my legs are useless today. I took too long of a break from her. Never again.

I've also come down with a cold so no gym tonight...I couldn't run right now even if I wanted to, I can't even express to you people how sore I am.

Last edited by novangel; 12-28-2012 at 10:00 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #477  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

After working overtime and then doing a hard water workout, I came home, ate dinner and fell asleep. Decided to read and do a few personals now that I woke up for a while.

Rosamaria, on four nights of not overeating! Good for you. And what a super calorie reduction! Night eating can really pack on the calories; that was a hard one for me to break.

Amarantha, hope you got going okay on the day.

Missy, yay for you for getting into the 140s!!! You must feel super. And yes, I have a pretty exhausting schedule, especially when I have to work overtime. I'm not really all that "busy" except by the time I work all day and then often do a hard water workout, shower, come home and get dinner, I am beat. (I have to get up at 5 AM, 4 when working OT). But my job is super super busy, with an extremely heavy workload. I work as a document control associate in a bio-tech lab. An office job but just extremely stressful, although I have learned not to let it overwhelm me. I am also active on the Helping Hands (community outreach) team of my church, which I greatly enjoy.

Ona, I too gave up protein bars (but then I avoid most all processed foods) as they are really just candy bars with a few vitamins thrown in. And yes, in the past, a bit of sweets would have thrown me for a loop too. But it has long been a goal of mine to be able to do this... just have one cookie or samll treat, etc., and then stop. The only reason I ate the second piece of candy the other day was that the last one that appeared at work was one of my absolute favorites so I ate it. And even with that, it still was a very small amount of sweets.

pluckypear, glad you can still shop at a farmer's market. Ours are closed for the winter, but we do have a natural supermarket that sells wonderful organic fruits and veggies. I am amazed at how much better the local stuff and stuff from our PCC taste!!!

bunnabear on staying on track. I wish I had done the measuring thing, as it would be fun to know how many inches I have lost.

alaskanlaughter, welcome back! And shoveling snow certainly does sound like exercise!!!

Kimbow, Glad you have joined us here in the daily check-in thread. You must have been successful in subscribing, or otherwise you would not have been able to post. on getting started. There is an entire section here of people who are doing IP; you might want to check them out as well.

novangel, sorry you are ill... that bad stuff sure seems to be going around. Hope you are better soon.

TheLauren, glad you are back on track and did not let a small setback deter you. Way to go!

Rennie, haven't had the chance to say yet. Glad you have joined in.

mamakat, keep up the good work, and keep on fighting those few pounds!!

PaintedPony, a to you also

Greetings to all others. My computer is about to do a forced restart I think... don't see the button to postpone it LOL... so have to post this and rush.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-29-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #478  
Empress/Queen

I did, Misti, thanks. Now I can't sleep .

Day was sort of dysfunctional but feeling on track with food & exercise towards then end of day helped.

Alaskan Laughter, I totally think shoveling snow is exercise. Not that I do it (live where there is no snow), but I admire anyone who does.

Novangel, hope your cold is better.

Have been wide awake for hours reading a book on intermittent fasting that just came out. Kind of old information but presented in a popular, fresh way with a common sense plan.

Now I shall go back to bed lol. Have a great day, all!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-29-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #479  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning everybody..

Hope you feel better soon Novangel

Yeah Misti,I avoid all processed foods too But since I'n trying to live outside the box sometimes now(learning to eat/for life) and trying different things that i think are healthy.I won't know what works for me unless i try and keep reading my labels.I never tried Bars until about 2 months ago so it's all a learning experience.Great job having control like that

Enjoy the book Amarantha

Hay Kimbow Welcome!

Hay alaskan, wow..seems like you got your exercise w/that snow to me awesome job

You're beating that Fat down Bunnabear taking measurements is a great idea.I've lost more inches than weight at this point..meaning..I look smaller than what the scale says cause I'm toning up more now. guess my body is settling.

No problem bout the personals Missy life always gets in the way of our fun time Thanks ..Ya know,I never use to have a problem going to Mothers. I would sit there and they could eat whatever and i never was tempted but since i start trying different healthy foods(living outside the box) some have caused a chain effect and I now see how they cause cravings. I Just need to go back to basics, use the tools and knowledge I have to get things under control.Gotta fight my way back.

Hay Plucky

It's raining outside, think I'll just go the gym and use the threadmill for an hour since I have restless energy now Don't feel like staying for any classes today.Doing inclines yesterday have my muscles sore a little.Think if i can come back,get some rest..I'll be able to do some exercise this afternoon.Pull a double duty.Doing something twice a day use to be really helpful.love to take after dinner walks.

Last edited by OnaMi; 12-29-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #480  
Start of a new life.. :)

S/C/G: 225/225/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow.. What a great thread.. I am new hereand to read how all of you are doing such a fantastic job at your goals is veryinspiring to me.. I am starting today and I am so glad to have a place to comefor support and encouragement..

Thank you AN
Spicylyfe is offline   Reply With Quote