Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I knew I would bounce up on the scale this morning. I think the frozen dinner, plus extra tuna, plus the pasta sauce at dinner was just too much sodium for me. My calories were fine, but I'm just very sensitive to sodium for some reason.

I wanted to mention something else about my shopping experience from yesterday. I must be getting better at picking out clothes that are flattering for me. I did pick out the dress that I ended up purchasing. I did feed off of her while we were looking around the store, though. The personal shopper really gave me the confidence boost that I needed. Also, we discussed colors. The personal shopper kept emphasizing blues and greens as good color choices for me. I am going to work on adding more of them to my wardrobe. I have always worn a lot of red and darker pink tones. But with the angio edema/high antihistamine use, it's bringing out the red around the eye area. If I wear red/pink it brings that out even more.

Calories for yesterday: 1655+
Weigh In: 152.4 (TTOM)
Up: .8

Misti Congrats on the NSV's! Your outfit for today sounds gorgeous! I am going to try to post some pictures of my outfits before the cruise. The big problem is that DH doesn't take very good pictures and I'm not very photogenic. Not a good combo for sure!

Rasagolla Good to see you check-in. How are you doing?

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #62  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone.

Enjoy your extra hour of sleep! Of course I am still wide awake at 4:30 LOL

Diana, I am glad you are starting to feel more confident in your clothing selections and color choices. I can't wait to see photos of you in your new dress, and others.

As for photos, hey.... I take them in the mirror! With a bit of experimentation it works great!

I think when I am ready for church this morning I will take some more progress photos myself. I have a hard time remembering to take them but even my doctor told me to be sure to do it!! And it does help when we can see our progress.

The "sparkly" pants were definitely a bit of a splurge LOL since they are dressy and I don't dress up that much; but I found another blouse that will look really nice with them but it is getting big on me so will have to wear it soon. And they were buy one, get one free plus the two $25 coupons, and for once I just wanted something that looked really nice. They fit me perfectly and are so comfortable!!

Well, off we go for another day. I am waiting a bit to weigh myself in the slight hope the scale will go down LOL. Eventually it HAS to.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #63  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Misti: It sounds like you had a fantastic day, yesterday! Congrats on all your shopping success. You make me long for the day I will be able to do that, too. For now, I am going to live vicariously through you!

Novangel: I'm still wicked excited for you.

Welcome back Seabiscuit! It sounds like you're going through the same process of self-discovery that I am. I have a diagnosed binge eating disorder which is complicated by depression. In September, I did great. In October, I was dealing with depression and did awful with my eating. Last week, I listened to a series of Podcasts posted on the Overeaters Anonymous website and decided to learn more about what they call "working the 12 steps." I found a site called 12step.org where I could download free worksheets to use. That site also provided links to something called the Big Book which is an Alcoholics Anonymous tool that is also used by OA. I'm just starting to explore these resources. I don't know if they will help me but since they are freely available online, I figure why not give it a try?

Steph: I have a recumbent bike here at home but that's not an option in the spinning class. At least the swelling has gone down a bit! LOL!

Diana: What an incredible opportunity to work with a personal shopper. Sounds like you need to keep her number. I think she helped you have confidence to know that the dress you picked out for yourself was the right one. Not only that, it sounds like you really learned a lot. Way to go. Now you'll feel sexy and confident while you wear your new dress without giving a second thought about whether or not you made the right choice. Good for you. (BTW, I find that when I wear red, people tend to act like they are intimidated by me. They say it is a "power" color.)

Rasagolla: I agree with you about journaling your food. I find it utterly tedious but did it all through September and stayed on track. I stopped journaling in October and did horrible. So, today, I'm getting myself back on track and will journal my food. I'm also re-dedicating myself to focus on eating more vegetables and less carbs.

My biggest challenge is staying away from the sugar binge. If I can get control of the sugar, I do okay. It is an addiction that is very hard for me to break. Right now, I'm reading a book entitled Food: The Good Girl's Drug. I just picked it up the other day, so I've only read a chapter or so. I read a few minutes each night after getting into bed to unwind before going to sleep.

In the meantime, today, I am attempting Prevention's Healthy Power Yoga workout. Doing yoga at the gym the other day introduced me to the fact that I am totally out of touch with how my body can move, if I give it a chance. I've just been so huge for so long, I've been afraid to move. It's amazing how paralyzing obesity can be.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #64  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi everyone,

Worththeeffort2,

Thanks for sharing with me. I have tried OA and I had some success with it but eventually found it wasn't for me. I appreciate your sharing that website with me. I could identify a lot of things with OA, such as the emotional eating but I just found it too much to commit what I was eating to a sponsor. That drove me crazy. I do know some people who have found OA to be very helpful though. I think it is a great program, just the committing my food to a sponsor wasn't for me. I appreciate the link, and I looked at the worksheets, I could identify with some of the issues listed on the worksheets. There is also a link http://www.therecoverygroup.org and http://www.oa12step4coes.org

Private message me if you like

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Diana: yay for new clothes. Also how great to get feedback from someone on clothing.

Misti: It's so great to fit into a new size.

WorthTheEffort: True that.

Seabiscuit: Good luck on the journey. And welcome back. It's nice to see you again.

Didn't track today. I did a c25k graduate program called Stamnia. 35 minutes of running. I started off to fast by running 194 heart beats per minute. It wore me down too quickly so I didn't have the stamnia to finish the whole run.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #66  
Warrior Princess

40 minute jog, approx 600 cals burned. Tomorrow will be Jillian.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #67  

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a good day.

I decided to take my canes and go for a long walk instead of to the pool. My doctor said I could as long as I use the canes. I enjoyed walking in the nice cool weather... except I got hot walking and had to carry my fleece!

I'm trying really hard to stay positive with the weight not coming off; have to admit it is getting hard. I am trying to cut back on my eating but after the walk I was really hungry so did end up eating something.

Maybe this will be the week.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Misti Did you get a chance to take some progress pictures today?

Worththeeffort Did you do that yoga workout today.

Seabiscuit I looked at the links you provided in your last post. Of course there is so much info. Can you link which worksheets have been most helpful for you. I would like to do some reading, too.

Isabella Keep at it, you will build your stamina.

Novangel Good job on your workout.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

I had a major faux pas today. I bought a new product and read the package wrong. This does not happen very often. It was a box of thin almond toasts (crackers) w/cranberries. It's a European product. I read the package as 6 thins were 100 calories. It was actually 3 thins are 100 calories. There are 6 servings in the package.

Total Approx 1805 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (600 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (810 Calories)
Ricotta cheese 210 calories
Almond/cranberry toasts 600 calories I normally eat popcorn on Sunday night while watching The Amazing Race. I don't get the popcorn tonight.

Exercise:
Les Mills Pump Challenge w/12's & 15's
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
Old 11-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #70  

Hello everyone

Diana, oops about the crackers. Sometimes when things seem to be too good to be true...

Yes, I took some progress pix but have not upload them yet. I guess I should get up and do that. Hopefully they will make me feel better LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #71  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone,

The latest in this saga...they say our stretch of beach won't get power til Thurs. Why? Because a few of the houses were washed out to sea which broke gas lines. They can't fix power until its safe as the electricity can spark a fire that can travel thru the pipeline...nightmare. on top of that, the snow is supposed to start falling Wed. No power no heat. What the heck is this tiny community supposed to do? School starts back tomorrow. Guess no one cares that at 6am the sun doesn't rise yet and no one can see to get ready let alone eat in an empty black kitchen. We're out of clothes! I really don't know what people are thinking...it's like being the few casualties of war...for the greater good just ignore the freezing peopl behind the curtain.

So that's where we are right now. We're not even sure we'll get to vote this year well, I thought i'd touch base. I hope everyone has a wonderful night. And a weirder note, our Halloween that was postpone to this Wed. May be called off all together. So bizarre!

Be safe
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #72  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers tonight. All I can say is stay strong and hang in there.

Misti DH asked me tonight if I was going to make the popcorn. I told him NO! I'm not making popcorn! He asked why not? I explained what happened. Yep, it was too good to be true. Those little cracker things were little, too. It's hard to believe there were that many calories in those things.

Has anyone been through a natural disaster before? We went though Hurricane Hugo. I would never want to go through that again. There were people here who were without power for 3 months. Our place was unlivable for a while. We lived about an hour away from my parents. There was no power or phones. We didn't have cell phones back then. I remember we drove out to my parents house. We didn't know if my parents were alive, dead or what we would find when we got there. We had to drive over (we had a jacked up 4 wheel drive truck) downed trees and move trees in order to get to my parents. They were find, but their garage was leveled. We had to move in with my parents are about 6 weeks. I remember seeing out of state power company's coming to town. Everyone would pull over to let them pass. People would get out of their cars to wave at them going by. I remember watching the trucks drive by and would start to cry. We stayed in our shop during the storm. We had a boat in there with us. We unhooked the boat from the trailer in case the water came in we could get in the boat and float. Our dog also started having seizures after the hurricane. A natural disaster like that is an experience like none other.

Please keep all of these people in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #73  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 178.8 up .4 but that could be from all the stuff I drank right before bed.

OK, no one told me it was Daylight savings time...hello, no media to remind me I woke my son up at 5 then DH called up and said it's DST. Great, another thing.

Guess what? around 4.45 or so, we got power! Oh my goodness, if I prayed, I'd say thanx. I will thank all of you who did pray and keep us in your thoughts. I was so scared to face a snow storm without heat...I have too many living things in this house. It would break everyone's heart to lose any of these smelly creatures.

I started a load of laundry, not that it will be ready for school, but at least I'm getting a head start. I want to scrub these cages today. I'm losing my voice due to allergies. These guys stink! No more dishes by hand in the dark. I actually didn't mind doing them but it was hard in the dark. And I got to shave my head. Now I need to color the hairlets....life is going to be normal for a day or two...yay. I am so going to use the time to get my mania under control with cleaning and singing. Kid free for two days...I can't wait for the quiet of "I'm bored" to be here. Then it will all start over again, but hopefully we'll have heat and electricity throughout the storm.

Diana I went through Irene last year...but you already knew that. Our cells didn't work last year like they did this year. So for a while no one knew we were okay, but we stayed in contact this time.

Worththeeffort I complain a lot, let me tell you But even though its been cold and dark and eating is near impossible as I only eat meat and veg...I am alive and my house is still standing. Seeing the houses wash out and driving by 18 wheelers that are being loaded and unloaded for the now homeless, it humbles you. It lets you know, how blessed and lucky we were/are throughout all this. I can always revert to food that will make me sick and fat for the sake of eating, but they can't go home anymore. Two houses lost all their stuff...memories and possessions. I don't actually hold anything other than my family valuable, but I know others do and that's all gone. I have no right to complain when a whole town lit up and burn down everything...I'm sitting in my home watching my japanese fish circle around the candle flame. I hear all 13 rats fighting over apple pieces and my loyal dog is right by my side while my two babies are asleep in their beds. These are my treasures and they are all safe...I have no reason to complain and/or be depressed. Everything else is miniscule (?) in comparison.

Well my friends, I am off to enjoy all my electricity...I go turn on some lights then turn them off for the next five minutes before I wake my kittens

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #74  
GO.FRUIT.YOURSELF

S/C/G: 255/155/110 Fruitarian

Height: 5"2

<3
Melissamixedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today cannot be Monday, can it? TTOM is kicking my butt this morning! I think today is day 6. I'm thankful it hasn't been like this for all 6 days.

Calories for yesterday: 1805 +
Weigh In: 153 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Mamakat I'm so glad that you have power. Enjoy!

Melissamixedup Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-05-2012 at 07:12 AM.