Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #1  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Help me push through this barrier!

In 2012 I have gone from 202 to now hovering between 178-182.
I have gone from fat to regular and feel great because of it!

However, I've been stuck at 178-182 for nearly 2 months now. I lost those 20 pounds in January, February & March and since then have stayed around 180, have slacked off on diet and exercise.

I have lectured myself, bounced around the room trying to get motivated, planned my weeks diet in advance...and then I lose interest.

It seems like my head is happy enough to stay at 180. BUT!! I'm not done yet!!

To those of you that have been here.... how do I get myself to that next stage, where I am fighting to be slim, toned and slender, rather than just "not fat".

Any suggestions welcome!
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

How many calories are you eating a day? Can you post a sample menu?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #3  
Making Progress!

That's what I mean - there is no sample menu. My commitment that was so strong Jan-March has gone and I keep hopping on and off the wagon.

My gym training has gone from 4 times a week to 1 or 2. My low-fat diet has got added chips and chocolate every now and then.

It's not enough for me to put those 20 pounds back on because for the first time in my life I have a handle on it and am maintaining (have been between 178-182 for the last 8 weeks).... but I'm maintaining before I'm at "maintenance".

Last edited by dayoneagain; 06-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #4  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

<SHOVE> There, pushed through

Okay, real advice - maybe change up your exercise, do something new!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Ok, so start tracking again starting tomorrow. Then keep tracking and don't stop. Seriously.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #6  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Keep going honey!!! Keep tracking and keep working out, the scale won't always be on our side, but afterwards, it's rewarding!!

Plateaus are the most annoying thing ever, trust me, but if you keep pushing through you'll see a whoosh soon!!! Good luck sweetie!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #7  

I was actually tracking and working hard and the stupid scale would not budge for over a month. I had to keep going, because what else could I do? I seriously did not want to go back, and so I took a long hard look at what I was doing. I actually added about 200 calories back in and kept going with my workouts and the scale is finally moving again. But you have to be honest with yourself and figure out why you are slipping up. Are you afraid to get serious again? Are you afraid to finally succeed? You will really be disappointed in yourself if you go back or just stay where you are. I suggest going out (if you can afford it) and buying something you would not wear now but would if you dropped body fat and got all ripped. If you can't buy it, at least go try it on and get some motivation. If you need to, get a trainer or a friend who you will have to be accountable to and get back into the gym. AND STOP EATING CHOCOLATE AND CHIPS!!!!! You can do it, and you should get started right now before it's too late to find the awesomer you.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Your next mini goal is 174, healthy BMI.....That's eight pounds away! Just look at that number and tell yourself you will get on course and stay there until you hit that number. It will at least get you started. Another thing I've found makes a huge difference in my weight loss numbers is my water. I absolutely HATE water and LOVE my diet coke. But when I drink my water, the weight comes off way more quickly. I bought a cup from a convenience store that holds 64 ozs and every day about lunchtime I fill it up and tell myself no more diet coke until I finish it. Plus as an added benefit,it keeps me from starving through the afternoon. Later in the night I make myself drink one more glass to get in my full 80 ozs.....this one is easy because I figure i made it through the big one and I can convince myself it would be a shame to get that close. It's a big mind game but it helps me.

Eight pounds to your next goal.....I bet you could do that in two to three weeks easy....by July you could have reached a new plateau! Keep us posted...you can do it!
Mommytimesfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #9  
Making Progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Ok, so start tracking again starting tomorrow. Then keep tracking and don't stop. Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
AND STOP EATING CHOCOLATE AND CHIPS!!!!! You can do it, and you should get started right now before it's too late to find the awesomer you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytimesfive View Post
Your next mini goal is 174, healthy BMI.....That's eight pounds away! Just look at that number and tell yourself you will get on course and stay there until you hit that number.

Thank you.... I am going to keep these three things in my head while I plan today. I think maybe I need to take this one day (or even one meal) at a time and get myself back in the zone.