Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #31  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I 100% agree with everyone about the jeans. Jeans are dumb. I had the same thing happen to me with 2 pairs of jeans the same exact style - one was a falling to my knees 20 and the other was non zipping 18.

Finally i just gave up on that style and tried something completely new (had to try on a few!) and found some that I really like now.

Concerning the swimsuit - I have no clue, I'll hit that monster in June maybe, but I know Berrybondeboys has a huge thread about that in the looking good forum with some of the same questions, so you might want to look there.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 252/245.5/170

I have to say this because it might help you a little bit...

OLD NAVY JEANS ARE EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT. I actually used to work there. What happens is when the fabric is cut, it is cut into its shape by stacking 100 pcs of denim together and then cutting. Ever try to cut paper like that? What happens? it never comes out the same right? I almost guarantee that if you go back there and try on a few pair's of 16's you will be able to fit them. I have this same problem and I would get SOOOO frustrated until I started working at Old Navy and I realized this. (we had to do denim 101 in training). Please don't beat yourself up about this because I almost guarantee it's not what you think.

healthierME1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lauren, if you're interested in joining a gym, visit the ones in your area and ask if they have a trial membership, or even a 1 day trial. Ask lots of questions. You want to know if they have monthly memberships or if you have to take a year at a time. Also, go by at the time of day you would most likely be going to see how crowded it is at that time. Find out what all is included in your membership, such as classes or training sessions. Also, look for one that has been there for a while. You don't want to sign up for a year and then have the place close down. It's also good if you know someone who belongs and can give your their long-term opinion. Don't get tied into something that isn't going to be in your best interest.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote