Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

What I am confused on is I'm still way overweight so when I go by my measurements I come out to like a 40 or 42 G? There is no way. My measurements are 41 or 42 depending on just how tight I pull it and 50 in across the bust. I wear a 42 DD the cup fits great but I can pull the band out like a good 6 inches from my back if not more...so the band is to big right? But I'm afraid if I go down it will accentuate the love handles more. I'm just confused.
LARWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'3"

I've been fitted at Nordstrom and after trying on several styles found one that I loved and bought it in a few colors! Even with proper measurements it's important to try different styles until you find the right one. I'm amazed at how the same size bra in different brands/styles can vary. Also, I found that a minimizer that fits well is awesome in fixing armpit and back fat!
redbird92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #108  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARWife View Post
What I am confused on is I'm still way overweight so when I go by my measurements I come out to like a 40 or 42 G? There is no way. My measurements are 41 or 42 depending on just how tight I pull it and 50 in across the bust. I wear a 42 DD the cup fits great but I can pull the band out like a good 6 inches from my back if not more...so the band is to big right? But I'm afraid if I go down it will accentuate the love handles more. I'm just confused.
What often happens when you're larger end of the band scale is that you might find you need to go down even below your underbust measurement. There's a blogger around your size: Bra nightmares who also needs to go down some band sizes.

Another thing that I'm wondering... are you scooping all of your breast tissue into your bras? Especially if you're experience a lot of back, armpit fat... Here's how to check. Put on one of your bras (the one with the smallest band and put it on the tightest hook), pull it down in the back so it sits parallel to the floor and now lean forward and try to scoop absolutely all of that back/side fat into the cups and push it forward. Do your 42DDs still fit then?

Also, a 42DD=40E in the cups (just to give you an idea). Since you have a lot of room in the band it sounds like your band is riding up your back quite a bit, which means it's hard to see if the cups actually fit or not. You'd really need to try something in a much smaller band to see your exact cup size. I'd try a 38 band and shoot for something like a 38GG UK size or were you talking about a 40G is US sizes? (but also try a few smaller cup sizes too to test).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #109  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Just wanted to pop in here to say a big THANK YOU to running. Thanks to her blog and posts like this on 3FC, I'm properly fitted and wearing 32FF/G instead of 36DD. It also looks like I lost 10 pounds overnight because you can see my waist - a waist that I never knew I had!

And for those of you on a budget, like me, I've found ebay to be an amazing resource once you know your size. You can find *brand new* bras for 80% off their original price! Most of mine have been $15 or less, including shipping.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #110  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by booskibabe View Post
Just wanted to pop in here to say a big THANK YOU to running. Thanks to her blog and posts like this on 3FC, I'm properly fitted and wearing 32FF/G instead of 36DD. It also looks like I lost 10 pounds overnight because you can see my waist - a waist that I never knew I had!

And for those of you on a budget, like me, I've found ebay to be an amazing resource once you know your size. You can find *brand new* bras for 80% off their original price! Most of mine have been $15 or less, including shipping.

I'm so glad to hear that! Yes, ebay is a great resource too! Also check out ebay uk because a lot of sellers ship worldwide and sometimes the shipping costs are quite low!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #111  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

[B]Running[B] My mailman was joking about my international mail the other day because most of my purchases have been from the UK. They take a little longer to get here, but the shipping is pretty cheap, as you said, and it's kind of fun to get international mail!
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #112  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by booskibabe View Post
[B]Running[B] My mailman was joking about my international mail the other day because most of my purchases have been from the UK. They take a little longer to get here, but the shipping is pretty cheap, as you said, and it's kind of fun to get international mail!
Haha it totally is. I've been buying bras from the UK too and finally my mom said "WTF are you ordering from England?"

When I told her it was bras, she said "I think we have bras in America." She didn't believe me that you can often snag them cheaper from the UK even after you figure in the conversion to USD!!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 186/151/125

Height: 5'0

I just wanted to thank you runningfromfat. My order from figleaves came in (exactly a week! not bad for international free shipping) and my bras are amazing I got a freya, and panache in 34ff (that's what they suggested when I told them my US size and they are amazing they feel perfect! Never thought I could find super cute bras in my size! Thanks again
tinkerbell4726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #114  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell4726 View Post
I just wanted to thank you runningfromfat. My order from figleaves came in (exactly a week! not bad for international free shipping) and my bras are amazing I got a freya, and panache in 34ff (that's what they suggested when I told them my US size and they are amazing they feel perfect! Never thought I could find super cute bras in my size! Thanks again
No problem, I'm so glad to hear you got some great bras!!!!!

Oh and I yep, I get WAY too many packages from the UK and Poland.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #115  

Default amazing

I stumbled across this conversation and have to say that it has been an amazing read. I discovered a few years back that I was not wearing the right size. I won't forget the day that VS person told me that I should be wearing a 34A. When she finally paid attention and looked at me, she realized that wasn't possible. The traditional way of measuring (adding 4-5 inches to the under measurement and then looking at the difference) NEVER worked for me because I had so much tissue on the sides. In the end, after searching and searching for a new way to measure, I put myself happily into a 30DD.

But since then, I have had breast cancer and reconstruction. Now everything is new to me. And -- I still seem to have the armpit fat. I thought they would have removed that tissue with my mastectomy.

Anyway --- I am thrilled to be reading new ways to measure. Thank you. I recently guessed and purchased a 32DD (I am now a tad larger than before) and I am filling these cups to the brim. After reading this, I ready to try again.

I measure 29 under and 36 while bent over. I'm thinking that means 28H or 30G (US sizes). Please let me know if that doesn't sound right.

Thanks again.
jffdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #116  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by jffdmf View Post
I stumbled across this conversation and have to say that it has been an amazing read. I discovered a few years back that I was not wearing the right size. I won't forget the day that VS person told me that I should be wearing a 34A. When she finally paid attention and looked at me, she realized that wasn't possible. The traditional way of measuring (adding 4-5 inches to the under measurement and then looking at the difference) NEVER worked for me because I had so much tissue on the sides. In the end, after searching and searching for a new way to measure, I put myself happily into a 30DD.

But since then, I have had breast cancer and reconstruction. Now everything is new to me. And -- I still seem to have the armpit fat. I thought they would have removed that tissue with my mastectomy.

Anyway --- I am thrilled to be reading new ways to measure. Thank you. I recently guessed and purchased a 32DD (I am now a tad larger than before) and I am filling these cups to the brim. After reading this, I ready to try again.

I measure 29 under and 36 while bent over. I'm thinking that means 28H or 30G (US sizes). Please let me know if that doesn't sound right.

Thanks again.

First off, on everything you've gone through! You seem to have an amazing outlook and I'm glad you seem to be recovering so well after breast cancer (my aunt has had it too).

With your measurements I'd start with either a 30FF or 28G (UK sizes) and look for bras that have higher underwires to help with the armpit fat. Also, really make sure to bend over and scoup all your breast tissue into the cups! Now, because your breasts are reconstructed you might very well need to go up a size or to in the cups, especially for bras that don't have as much forward project. Bras that I'd recommend would be Ewa Michalak, Freya, Masquerade, and Curvy Kate's Showgirl range (probably not their shear cups because they are more shallow).

There are a few bloggers who have had mothers with breast cancer (and might know a thing or two about mastectomy bras).
- One is actually the owner of Butterfly Collection and does online skype fittings. She talks about her family members who have had breast cancer here.
-Sophia Jenner talks about her mom here.
Both probably know a thing or two about fitting breasts post-mascetomy (and I know for sure that Claire at Butterfly Collection could definitely help), if you have any further questions.
- Another blogger that might interest you is By Baby's Rules because she's had breast implants and I know there are some specific things to look for there when it comes to fittings bras. She's also right around your bras size too, but a bit larger now that she's pregnant.

Let me know if you have any other questions and sorry if this is disjointed my kid is jumping on top of me at the moment so I must run!