Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy First real binge.. feeling pretty crappy.

I started out my day pretty well and I had a relatively healthy lunch. But then I went out with my fiance and to pick up my final paycheck from where I worked (I quit my job yesterday and am starting a new one on Monday), and on the way my fiance asked me to get him a sandwich from Wendy's.. I was kind of hungry and I decided to get a sandwich too. I didn't feel too bad about that, because I was still within my calorie limit for the day, but then my fiance and I went to look at apartments and on the way home we found a diner. We love diners and haven't seen one since we moved away from Denver a few months ago (we live in a small town now and there isn't really anything out here).. so we stopped for supper at the diner and I ordered a burger. I felt guilty as soon as I took the first bite, but it was my dinner and I was hungry and we can't afford to not at least eat our fill. I didn't finish the burger, but I ate enough of it to feel bad. Well.. afterward we decided to go for a celebratory ice cream, since my fiance starts a new job tomorrow, I start a new one on Monday and my birthday is on Sunday. I knew I shouldn't eat the ice cream, and I got frozen yogurt. It's been a loooong time since I ate so much I got a stomachache.. but it happened tonight.

I just feel terrible. My body is not happy with me, but most importantly, I am not happy with myself. I know that tomorrow is a new day and a chance to start over, and I'm not going to let tonight set me back, but I'm just so disappointed in myself. I know that cheeseburgers are my trigger, and I know better than to even let myself think that it's okay to eat one, but I had a major lapse in judgement today and I feel bad. I even recently had a significant nsv, where I bought new pants and shirts and they were a size smaller than before. How could I sabotage myself so badly when I was so proud of myself just a few days ago. Ugh.

Just needed to get it off my chest so I wouldn't dwell on it..
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Is that what you call a binge? My binges last for days. If that's all you did to overeat, you're in good shape. Maybe you ate a few hundred extra calories but, hey, you were celebrating, right? I've done this too, many times, and it's always such a letdown. I want to beat myself up for days, too.

Just realize that it was an isolated exception and that you splurged on yourself for that one day and continue with your dieting as usual. The important thing for me in this situation is to stop the slide! You can only begin again from where you are now.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Well, you ate off track, you vented, and you resolved to get back on plan tomorrow.

I think you handled it well. These things are going to happen and there's no point to dwelling, beating yourself up emotionally, etc. All that stuff does is distract from what will make a change -- and that's getting back on plan.

You can do it!

GL!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey, at least you didn't devour a bunch of french fries too!

It's okay to feel bad. If you didn't feel bad about it, you might do it again today and tomorrow. What you are feeling is a good thing. Just remember that eating sweets/carbs/fat does have a tendency to make you crave more, so be prepared to fight like h@ll to keep from continuing on with the celebration. As you said, you have a Birthday on Sunday, and a new job on Monday...don't undo all your hard work by continuing to indulge. Don't wait til Tuesday to get back on track. Start today!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-17-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

I've done this a ton of times and I always feel bad, too. But I always learn from my mistakes and even when I am going to fudge up.. I try to make it better than last time :-)
With me, one of the things I miss when I am counting calories is the spontaneous diner trips or.. hubby wants to eat somewhere good and I didn't budget calories for it.
What I do now is I'll order something light when we go out so I still get to go but I don't feel guilty. I'll order a coffee or ice tea.. and a salad or soup. If we go out to frozen yogurt I'll order the smallest size and share it with my daughter or ask hubby if he wants to share.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
As you said, you have a Birthday on Sunday, and a new job on Monday...don't undo all your hard work by continuing to indulge.
This is how I stopped my slide when I gained back half of what I had lost. I remembered people telling me of how they lost crazy amounts of weight, then gained it all back to begin again. I did not want to be like them, and I clamped down mercilessly. Now, I'm almost back to my lowest weight again.

Last edited by tricon7; 02-17-2012 at 01:38 PM.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everybody. I am fighting eating a lot today, but I'm determined to stay on track. I'm going to do some extra exercise today.
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/214/165

I actually think feeling bad about it is a good thing. When you know better, you do better. If that is the only mistake you ever make, it would only cause you to meet your goal weight one day later, that's it. I am beginning to realize this process is less about perfection and more about persistence.

Keep at it!
Bonesdontjiggle is offline   Reply With Quote