I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we can post our silly/vanity/etc. reasons we want to lose weight Of course we are all trying to better our health, numbers, confidence, heart, etc. but I know I have a few others
I'll start ...
1. I want to be smoking hot in a little string bikini
2. I want to show my SIL that I CAN look better than her ... Mean I know, but if you heard the back story ...
3. I would love to wear short shorts!!
4. Lingerie!! And to actually feel non-whaleish! LOL
I always love these threads. The anticipation of our vanity reasons is kinda fun sometimes.
-- I want to be a smaller jeans size than my one friend. She gets comfort from the fact that I'm fat and she's not in a "at least I'm not as fat as Lianna" kind of way.
-- I want to be able to be lifted with relative ease. Both for fun with friends, for emergencies (if I pass out while hiking on a mountain, no way will I be rescued), and for the, ahem, more intimate moments.
-- I want a slender silhouette with long lines. I think that looks beautiful on lots of women, and honestly I covet it. I'll never be curvy (not my body shape), so I want to be lithe and willowy.
-- I'd like to borrow clothes from friends easily. As I am now, that never happens because it so won't fit. It'd be nice not to have to borrow men's clothes in an emergency.
-- I don't want to have those knuckle dimples. I had them for a LONG time and hated them. Little kids have them, but then they grow out of them. My friends lost them, but I kept them. I don't really have them now, but I can still feel my loathing of them. I do not like how they look on me at all.
-- CANOES and SEE SAWS. I want to be able to ride a canoe with someone and not have the thing be two ticks away from going under (someone commented on that once - she was a b**** anyway, but it embarrassed me b/c it was true - I was the heaviest in the canoe by like 50 lbs at least).
And I want to be able to go on the see saw with someone other than my football-playing guy friends. I'd like to be the lighter one on the see saw, actually. I can't even get on with most of my friends. I'm a good 40 lbs heavier.
Last edited by LiannaKole : 01-30-2012 at 10:48 AM.
--I definitely want to be the wife/mom who "hasn't let herself go"
--I want to be totally comfortable in a swimsuit this summer... no shorts or coverup needed. It won't be a bikini (thanks to having 2 babies in less than 2 years) but a tankini will do. I felt pretty good in a swimsuit last summer (at 132) but I want to look/feel even better this year!
--My husband will point out sexy lingerie that he'd love for me to buy... I want to feel confident enough to buy and wear it!
--To be able to look at photos of me and really like what I see! I no longer want to be put off by "bad angles".
To live by choice, not by chance;
to make changes, not excuses;
to be motivated, not manipulated;
to be useful, not used;
to excel, not compete.
I choose self-esteem, not self pity.
I choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinions of others.
Highest Weight: 180, Goal Range: 125-130, Trying to break the yo-yo pattern once and for all!
1. I want to be the one that the guys stare at.
2. I want my husband to say ĘdamnnnnnĘ in a good way when he sees me nakes!
3. I want to for the first time in my life wear a smaller size pant than my mom
4. (I live in Europe by the way) I want to feel hot lying topless on the beach
5. I want to feel secure looking at myself in the mirror
6. I want to be able to have children
My list could go on all day....usually when I think of these things I get sad and go eat a cake...but Im changing that!!!
My legs have been fat since I was 15, I've never been able to make them skinny with ankles and smooth skin. So:
- I want to have muscular skinny legs that look better than my skinny friend who is just -thin-
- I want to wear size 36/34 (european) jeans and not cover up my behind with a long siort
- I want to go out on dates and have fun being comfortable in my body
- I want to buy a really nice leather corset and look smokin' hot for going to burlesque parties. Hihi.
- I wanna follow the latest fashion in flimsy clothes and not feel like I'm bigger than my friends.
I know I am not super big, nor have I been. But I live in Europe. So many people, especially the girls I hang out with, are half models. I am already one of the shortest people in my group of friends, and with the added weight.. uhg. I just wanna look more like the average hottie! Hihi.
- I am hoping to get pregnant again and I want to LOOK pregnant, not just fat! So I don't get a ton of confused looks when I'm 9 months pregnant...
- I don't want a single doctor to ever mention my weight again (ok, sort of health related but I do think I'm already at a pretty healthy weight for myself at the moment so I just don't want to hear about it anymore!)
- I want to look awesome in retro dresses.
- I don't want any family members to every refer to how "large" I am or give me cynical looks when I tell them my size.
- I'd like to have a flat stomach for once. I'm sick of looking slightly pregnant when I'm not (honestly not sure if this one is going to happen, though).
Hahaha. This is a great idea. All of us think these things, yet we are afraid to say them!! My reasons include :
- I don't want to continue being "the fat friend"
- I want to be skinnier then my bff who has always been thin and has always made secret little jabs at my weight. For example, I wear a tankini instead of a bikini.. and when we were shopping for her bathing suit, I held up one for her to look at (for her) and she said "I'm not some fat girl, why would I wear that"..... yet she knows that's the kind I wear!
- I want to be seen as the hot wife, and not the "pretty but chubby wife"
- I want to be able to wear tight shirts without the rolls or without the bra digging into the back fat causing the back rolls
-Yoga pants for running errands? YES!
-I want to show my friends, family and ex-friends that Yes, I CAN DO IT and I'm not going to be the fat girl forever.