Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
I am loving life as far as how I feel lately, so fitting in as much as possible and not wasting a second of my days!
Once again, a beautiful attitude! You are such an inspiration to me. I'm so happy for you and your continued success.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #47  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Moondance - you sure do make me smile Thank you for that! I think I learned young with all we deal with, not to take a second for granted... yet, life is (as it is for all people) whatever we make of it - why not make it great? P.S. I think you are pretty cool too!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone has been doing well

I finally purchased a new scale, since the old one quit working. This one measures body fat as well. My body fat percentage is 39.5%, could be worse I suppose. I' going to focus more on getting lean, watching my inches and my body fat. The pounds will follow if I do that. I'm currently trying to accomplish an hour of working out each day, split up into a 20 minute workout and a 40 minute workout.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #49  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shishkeberry Congrats on the new low!

BuffJim Keep working those little steps! Congrats on the on plan day!

Berry Congrats on the 3.2 pounds and no cravings! Did you get that workout in?

Moondance Hi I hope you had a great day!

Larry I had allergy testing done, 50-60 foods. Everything turned out negative. The Dr. is hoping it's a phase from the weight loss/hormones. His suggestion was to take Allegra every day. I think the desensitizing works well with respiratory allergies. On top of that, mine is unknown. I'm just very special.

Italiannie Great job on the .6.

Itsmyturn Yes, a very inspiring post, indeed. Thank you very much. I hope had an awesome day, too.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1340 Calories + I ate a little less today because I had an extra cup of coffee this morning. I don't have a definite calorie count on my coffee, so I'll just do it like this.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
1000 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 60
Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #51  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Diana - are younp sure you count your veggies right? I've been meaning to ask you that for awhile. 200 calories for steamed broccoli would mean about 5 cups of broccoli. Yesterday you had greens, cabbage and broccoli for 300 calories which would mean eating about 8-9 cups of those. I just worry that maybe your calorie count is way lower than you are estimating. Or, like you have said, you do have a big appetite.

I love veggies, but I can hardly imagine eating 8-9 cups of steamed veggies... With no sauce or olive oil to give it some satiating quality and flavor. I'm envious that you can eat them just steamed.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #52  
Melissa

And no, didn't get the workout in. I had to take my car into the shop. Already signed up for a double class tomorrow though and today was a good day.... No cravings and right on target for calories.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Diana - are younp sure you count your veggies right? I've been meaning to ask you that for awhile. 200 calories for steamed broccoli would mean about 5 cups of broccoli. Yesterday you had greens, cabbage and broccoli for 300 calories which would mean eating about 8-9 cups of those. I just worry that maybe your calorie count is way lower than you are estimating. Or, like you have said, you do have a big appetite.

I love veggies, but I can hardly imagine eating 8-9 cups of steamed veggies... With no sauce or olive oil to give it some satiating quality and flavor. I'm envious that you can eat them just steamed.
Berry I don't count my veggies in the AM. I eat close to a pound of veggies at that time. I vary what veggies I eat. I don't want to have to weigh and measure them every time. Also, I don't always have a lot of control over the veggies at dinner. If they are already prepared, I'm sure there is some butter or seasoning meat. I just estimate 100 calories to make sure I am covered. Sometimes I will have a bite of something on DH's plate. I don't normally count that. I just see it as averaging with the meal. I have loosely checked my veggies. I eat 1-2 pounds a day. Again, it varies. Sometimes it more, sometimes it's less. When I have a whole small spaghetti squash, I count it as 100 calories, but it's more than that. I don't even have a scale. So it's just how I do things. I think it averages out.

Outback has their steamed broccoli listed as 109
Red Lobster has their broccoli listed as 45 calories
LongHorn's has their Fresh Seasonal Vegetables listed at 90
O Charley's has their Steamed Broccoli listed at 140 calories
Ruby Tuesday has their broccoli listed at 53 calories
Cracker Barrel has their turnip greens listed at 100 calories

ETA: I do have a big appetite, though. And love veggies. Like I mentioned about the spaghetti squash. I eat a whole small one myself.

ETA: I also forgot to mention that I measure my feta cheese, egg whites, and juice in the AM, though. On the weekends, when I have rice, pasta, or potatoes, I use the measuring cups for these foods, too. I'm not as worried about veggies as I am about the higher calorie foods. Again I guess I loosely do things. Don't want to make myself too crazy over it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-10-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 385.8

Breakfast
English Muffin 100
1/4c Egg Beaters 30
1/4c Veg 36
1 slice Roast Beef 35
Deli Mustard 5
Banana 150
Sub Total 356

Lunch
1 Tortilla 130
1/4c Manwich Meat Veg 83
1/2c Veg 72
1 Tbsp Salsa 5
1/4 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese 30
Cumin & Chipotle red pepper powder
2 Tbsp Greek Sour Cream 40
4 cherry tomatoes chopped 12
Sub Total 372

Dinner
1/2c Manwich Meat Veg 165 ( left over night )
1 Tbsp Newman’s own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette 23
1/8c Greek Sour Cream 39
Artisan Lettuce 19
Iceberg Lettuce 16
Sub Total 262

Dessert
1/4 c Cookies N Cream Ice Cream 80
1/4 c Plain Greek Yogurt 35
1 Regular Pumpkin Muffin 133
Sub Total 248

Daily Total 1238

Water 130 oz !! Oh yeah …. I put a couple of drops of Real Lemon in each 24 oz cup of water .. Maybe a teaspoon in all the water I drank today… it cut that “odd” taste from the water that I was not used to and I was able to drink a LOT more with out feeling bleck.

Oh I did a chart at lily slim and noticed that my weight tends to spike then drop lower. Is this normal for anyone else? For now I have all of my information from December 19 to today to pull from and try to see what is and what is not working. And what could have caused those spikes up …. Baaad spikes up

Mamakat~ Ranch has a lot of calories ( cause I looked when I made 100 calorie packets to take with me to work ) However the Ranch dry mix packets are 5 calories . I mixed that with sour cream for a dip. If I wanted it thinner I added milk. Pre-made dips are similar. I do not know about fat or anything, but Ranch actually has mayonnaise in it which is why its hefty on calories.

When I was preg with dd wanted veggies. Absolutely craved them. Green beans in particular ( No big surprise that is her fav veg). Meat didn’t make me sick, but just was not interested at all in it. I ate a LOT of eggs and drank milk to make up for the protein. A sweet old lady down the road noticed I wasn’t eating much meat and gave me whey powder and asi(sp?) juice to try ( she bought it by the case because she swore by it).

shishkeberry~ Have you tried some Mrs. Dash or Molly McButter on the Broccoli? My dd isn’t thrilled by fresh broccoli, since it does tend to have a bitter edge to it I guess, but steamed plain that would be her second favorite veg *lol* He sounds like a little bundle of ornery like my little one. If we grate carrot she has to have some. She will eat a regular size carrot grated up. She is 3 so whole carrot still can be a little tricky to get completely chewed at times although she does and has had carrots whole.

On the dream front wow I hardly ever remember my dreams… are you on chantix?

Berry~ Way to loose the water weight woohoo!!

Larry Jim~ Now you guys Hush!! … that S word is a baaaad word *lol* Luckily the La Nina is wiping out the snow this year… I am glad not to feel like mole people like we did last year. I am not partial to snow over my head … to hard to shovel. Drat … now I said it *sighs*

KaylaChristine~ Ooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhh .. Nice new scale …I am sure there will be times where the pounds will not change, but the body fat and inches will since muscle weighs more than fat.

Diana3271~ I agree with Berry… the Veggies could be low … but of course if your eating out they like to put who knows what on the veg .. even steamed veg ( which is frustrating ). Then again I have read books that categorize all veg and fruit as 1 cup being around 100 calories, which is a gross misrepresentation.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #55  

Diana3271~ You caught Berry's post before I got my novel in there...It also depends on the cook and how heavy handed they are with butter on their veg.... YUM .... Spaghetti squash… I have a spaghetti, acorn and butternut squash waiting to be roasted downstairs. I think I know what’s for dinner tomorrow !! YUM
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #56  
Melissa

Diana ok... Seems you got a handle on it and there is more to it than appears. I was worried that maybe you errrr actually eating like 1000 calories a day and doing all that working out!

Ok... Now I have a stress headache. Anyone want a 15 year old brilliant 10th grader with severe ADHD who is doing stupid things with homework in school? Today... I found out he missed (another) assignment and when I caught him on it, he had actually done part of it, but opted to get a 0/100 instead of a 20/100. Thee 20 points would have gotten him a higher letter grade as he's on the cusp. AND he gets an extra day to do homework because of his ADHD, but he didn't want to do the homework, so he skipped it. Can you imagine how frustrated I am right now? Darn kid! He Is way more work than my autistic son!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 445/380/180

Height: 5'5

Hey Good people, It seems everyone is having a good week, so that's awesome. Here's some positive vibes so we will all stay on track. I was a bit under the weather, the last two days. I've been pumping vitamens and iron, lol, Ok not iron, but I did get my workouts in. Read an article that said exercising is good for stuffy noses? lol. Anyway, have a grand week. I've been doing good, been carbing up a lot due to the cold, We shall see the difference it has made. Here's hoping it's positive, since I've been drinking a lot of fluids.
Thanks for the love and support all. Larry, hiya back and love the quote btw. Talk to you good people later
kesha
Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #58  

Berry~ *lol* Teenagers in general are ..... how shall I put it nicely .... frustrating ... yes yes that is it. I had stepkids years ago and one had Adhd and oddly enough If she had a snack of peanut butter and if she wanted just a teeny cup of coffee before doing her lessons she would do great. You still had to keep up on her homework, but their school had planners that the teachers had to sign off on. So it kept her on track
Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #59  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
Berry~ *lol* Teenagers in general are ..... how shall I put it nicely .... frustrating ... yes yes that is it. I had stepkids years ago and one had Adhd and oddly enough If she had a snack of peanut butter and if she wanted just a teeny cup of coffee before doing her lessons she would do great. You still had to keep up on her homework, but their school had planners that the teachers had to sign off on. So it kept her on track
I wish they're ea something for teachers to sign off on, but so far, haven't gotten that approved. Working on changing his 504 plan now. A little peeved they guidance counselor didn't contact me today.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #60  

Kede~ I am sorry your feeling under the weather.. i hope things turn out good for you *s*
Closed Thread