Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great week!

I woke up feeling really swollen and bloated this morning. It showed on the scale, too. I am assuming this is from TTOM since I have been 100% on plan. The only thing I can do, is what I can do. That's to keep working my food and exercise plan and wait for TTOM to pass.

Calories for yesterday: 1465 +
Weigh In: 150.8 (TTOM)
Up: 1.4 pounds
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #17  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Default week with out being weak

Hip Hip hooray! Here I am. I did not slip up, crash down pig out lash out or derail myself. I did it. I will not weigh myself b/c for me the scale is pointless.
why? you ask, well maybe it's being post menopause but that darn scale is a stingy lover and won't budge from his position. Okay fine, I'll work around that. I have stayed with in my 900 caloreis per day limit the whole week. Kiss me hard with an open mouth. ooops, too much info right?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #18  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday!
Last weigh-in 191.4
Today - 191.2

I did not do a weigh-in yesterday, as Saturday night was a bit salty. But pumping water, and staying on plan on Sunday paid off.

Have a great day On Plan!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #19  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Two carbs days makes 5 pounds on the scale. Fun times. But back on plan today!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

Went a little off plan yesterday at a gathering (not big enough for a party!) for the Bronco game. I kept my intake very light all day, but I'm sure I over-ate chips and guacamole as well as pistachio's! Scale says up one pound, but I'm guessing it's water from the salt...I was at 187 for the previous 3 days (which means no loss for the week), so I'm going with 187. Hope I see some loss this week!

I have another rant, but I'll save it for the bottom of the post.

BBB: Rotten carbs! Stay OP today!

Italiannie: Girls night out sounds like fun! Years ago we used to go once a month...dinner and a movie. Don't know what happened. I guess we all got too busy.

Lucinda: Wow...900 calories? I don't know how you do that! Why so low?

Diana: Hi! Hope you had a nice weekend!

Mamakat: Congrats on the loss! Imagine what it will be when you finally do hit the loo!

qtkitty: You're doing a great job modifying recipes and examining food to discover their content and how you can make adjustments. You really should have good long term results! Keep up the good work!

Morrigan & MzJuicyD: Welcome to 3FC!

Jim: WTG staying on track!

Larry: You too...glad to see the scale moving in the right direction!

Now for my rant. Two years ago my company forced everyone to a new medical insurance plan. In short...we pay more out of pocket for each visit. The first year our company put money in an account for you that the insurance company can draw from to pay deductibles. When it's gone, you pay. The second year they started a program called "Heathmiles". You sign up, they give you a pedometer with a USB cable that ties into the computer (and their website) and records your steps. You earn money to go into that account based on your steps. What they didn't make clear was it became the only way you could add money to the account. I didn't do it and ended up paying quite a bit of cash to see a couple of doctors. So I decided to sign up this year. I've got my pedometer (which I might add is one of the crappier ones I've ever seen. The shape is horrible and is constantly knocked off my pants. The buttons are in terrible places and if you grab the thing wrong, you reset to zero, and I don't believe it accurately counts steps.). I did more reading and see that any day I record more than 7999 steps, I get 20 points. I haven't figured out how points translate to dollars in my account. Anyway...the thing that really makes me mad is that I'm forced to tolerate this awful pedometer, I have to remember to download the data at least twice a week, and if I'm unable to reach their magic number, I get nothing for the effort. I work for a very large corporation...and this is the best they can do for me? God help me if I ever get really sick or injured. The medical costs will bankrupt us!

OK...done ranting.

Have a great day!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #21  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Just a quick hello, up 2lb. I'm almost to 60 days smoke free! Just 12 more hours. Oh and awesome, my computer is busted probably so it's back to the old stupid phone for me.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #22  
Investing in Myself!

S/C/G: 180/175/140

Height: 5'7"

Love this thread - great idea!

My goal is to keep to 1500 calories or less, and keep it healthy.

Breakfast: Special K, 1% milk and a banana - 376

Lunch: Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli over salad greens - 302

Snack: Chobani pineapple yogurt and a cup or so of fresh fruit - 193

Leaves me over 600 for dinner later!!

:-)
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #23  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Evening Everyone,

franimal

moondance that is the craziest thing I ever heard. Seems a bit on the bizarre side, what about people who can't walk? You can cheat the system too, by strapping the pedometer to your leg and bounce it like mad, I do that with my car at red lights

berry glad to hear you are back on plan, how did today go?

shish congrats on the 60 days, two months, right, that's great.

lucinda

Diana hope the bloat floated away.

Saw doctor (shrink) today. He's upping both meds. So now he said, side affects could be...last one being diarrhea. This is the first time in my life, I got excited for that side affect He didn't seem awfully concerned about the migraine and constipation as Celiac's will do that to you if you eat gluten Gee thanks doc In five days, I go for blood work. I love being me

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy evening!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #24  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great day! My day was long but productive. I'm still counting calories and have been doing great! Today I turned down brownies, chocolate mousse, AND lazagna! I LOVE chocolate mousse but it felt great to turn those things down lol. There's ALWAYS junk food at the library BUT everyday I pack my own healthy snacks for when I get hungry before lunch time lol. Trying to stay ahead lol.

I just made dinner and now I'm heading to my cousins' house to workout with them on the Kinect. Since i cannot go to the gym as often, I try to find new and fun ways of working out!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 386.6

Breakfast
1 Jumbo Pumpkin Muffin 270
Banana150
Sub Total 420

Snack
Tangerine 45

Lunch
Salad (fills 4 cup Tupperware container)
1/2c Manwich Meat Veg 165
2 Tbsp Newman’s own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette 45
1/4c Greek Sour Cream 79
4 cherry tomatoes 12
Artisan Lettuce 19
Iceberg Lettuce 16
Sub Total 335

Dinner
3oz Turkey Kielbasa 135
½ c Sauerkraut 14
1 c Green Beans 80
Sub Total 229

Dessert
Plain Greek Yogurt 140
1 Tbsp Oatmeal 19
Sm Apple 53
1 tsp Brown Sugar 11
Cinnamon
Sub Total 223

Daily Total 1252
Water 60

Moondance~ Thank You .. I am trying hard. I like to eat and I like flavors, and I strongly believe that I should be able to eat yummy food. And even better my dd will eat better if I am eating better. She is already very open to different foods, especially raw veggies. She is the only child I know that will sneak bites of any raw veg ( cucumber, potato, onion, green pepper, ect) in the bowl that’s cut up.

It sounds like the pedometer points for healthcare is a gimmick. If you walk more and get the points then therefore will be healthier and not need the healthcare. If you do not walk you do not get the points and they do not loose money.

Can you some how rig the pedometer so you can’t press the reset button? Like taping a little piece of plastic over it?

Franimal~ Yum that lunch sounds good!

Last edited by qtkitty; 01-09-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Decent day..

Breakfast - warm steak greek salad(lol salads for breakfast, ik) 300 calories

Lunch - Chicken sandwich (500) 1 piece of sweet french toast (200)

Snack- Milk tea ( 100 ) , 2 soy crisps (20) , 90 cal snickers bar (90)

Dinner- Tandoori chicken w/naan (1 piece each) (500)

~ 1610
Old 01-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #27  

Cool First post on the 3fc Forums, First check in! :)

Hi everybody - I've been looking for the right place to find online support for weight loss, and I've seen some truly dedicated folks in this forum... THAT'S the kind of people I want to be around and emulate! Thanks to all of you for posting to share your struggles and successes. I'm on my way, and I'm changing my lifestyle in so many positive ways...

Best wishes for everybody - here we go!!

Starting weight - 288
Last weigh in - 277
Today's weigh in - 274.5

Weight lost this week: 2.5 lbs!!

Right on track... I'm shooting for a minimum of 1.5 lbs per week.

<I guess I can't post my fun little weight loss tracker ticker yet? need 25 posts before I can include it in my message... But anyway, imagine a cute little weight-loss ticker here.>
Old 01-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

cyndismith~ welcome *s* ... 25 posts seems like a lot now, but stick around and they add up quick. BTW congrats on being 2.5 lbs down way to go!!

ilovemo~ Inquiring minds want to know ( aka me *lol*) .... whats a warm steak greek salad?? It sounds goood

Last edited by qtkitty; 01-09-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #29  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I had a great on food plan day. Yay! Ate around 1400 calories and only 85 net carbs. Yay me! I wasn't even craving them! Let's hope that stays that way!

Going to bed early again tonight. Good sleep is crucial. CRUCIAL for me and staying on plan. Guess who had a lot of sleeplessness during the holidays? Mwah!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I started having an allergic reaction before we went out of town at Christmas. I have been taking Allegra ever since. I feel like I have had a small reaction going on for a while now. Maybe I am just getting frustrated with it and want it to clear up. It does seem to take some time to completely clear up. Since yesterday, my mouth seems a little worse. I ate at Jason's Deli. I looked at their website. I had the turkey wrap and it listed soy as an allergen that's in the turkey wrap. I don't know if it's soy flour or soy lecithin in the wrap, or soybean oil in the ranch dressing they use. I think I am going to avoid Jason's for a while and see what happens. I really enjoy eating at Jason's, but I am still consuming a little of something that I am allergic to. It's not a lot, but just enough to cause a reaction. ETA: I just went back to look at the Jason's site, again. It looks like the soy is in the low fat Ranch dressing. Maybe I can order it without that. I can always bring my own honey mustard.

Mamakat Congrats on the .8! Oh geesh, I hope you don't end up with diarrhea now! Insane! I guess in the beginning you will have some relief!

Italiannie Congrats on the .2! Keep 'em coming! They add up!

Moondance It sounds like the gain was from sodium! This will be a better week for you.

Shishkeberry Congrats on the 60 days!

Franimal Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

MsJuicyD Great job on working your plan and getting the workout in where you can.

Qtkitty That's awesome that your DD likes veggies and a variety of foods. My good friend doesn't like veggies and is not open to different foods. It makes it rough for her to go out or eat at a party, etc.

Ilovemo Great job sticking within your calorie range.

Cyndismith Hi and Welcome to the Check-In! You are off to a great start!

Berry Congrats on the on plan day! Rest well!
Closed Thread