Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great one!

We ate at Olive Garden last night. My calories were good, but the sodium was really high. I am also feeling a little crampy this morning. I think TTOM will be starting in a few days.

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 150
Up: .2

Running a little late this morning. I'll be back in a while.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #92  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone. Glad to see some new faces. This is a great group for you newbies. I'm a newbie too, and let me tell you they welcomed me with open arms. I read every post.

Simple carbs and salt seem to be our obstacles. Well, it's good to know the enemy! Here's to another day On Plan......

Back to the salt mines.

Yesterday - 192.6
Today - 192.2
Valentine Goal = 179
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #93  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, the scale gave me a happy surprise this morning. I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee and had to pee a lot this morning too. So no gain like I thought, but .4 down. Not much, but I'll, take it. I've had to run twice to the loo this morning for morer serious business, so hopefully that will reflect on the scale tomorrow.

I have a spinning class tonight. Hope my back end holds up as its still a bit sore from Tuesdays class. And, so proud of myself, I set up alarms on my iPhone for all the classes for the week. (classes are free with our membership, but I have to sign up for them. Can start signing up 25 hours in advance and if you miss that first bit for sign ups, you don't get in!) So, with 8 classes ready in the alarm cue, I should be able to make 5 of them a week, I would sure hope! (maybe more if I don't burn out).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 249/241/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. Went out to dinner yesterday at an Italian place. I managed to put half of my portion into the takeout box before I started. I could easily have eaten the whole portion, but I didn't and an hour later I was plenty full. Each Wednesday night I usually go out to eat with my daughter and sometimes her boyfriend. Eating has been on plan this week. Hoping to go to the gym friday and saturday to do the stationary bike if my knee feels up to it. Testing my blood sugars for the first time, and I don't like what I see. I'll take the results into the doc on Jan 24.

Larry - My brother lived in Wales Hollow for many years, and now loves on Vermont Hill in Holland. This winter will be snow free because I just bought a x-c ski set.
BuffJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

This is a quick hit post today...quite busy at work, so no time for personals. The scale is being friendly, despite my larger portion sizes the last few days. Guess I'm just hungry. But it's good stuff (salmon and veggies) and not junk.

I'm in purge mode at home...going through boxes in the store room, getting rid of stuff. It's very liberating. Hard too! My hand prints and a poem from kindergarten are a good example. Fun to look at, nice reminder of that time. I have to tell myself that throwing away the item doesn't mean I'm throwing away the memory. Each empty box is a bit of weight off my shoulders. My goal is by summer to have gone through every inch of the house, evaluating an item's usefulness and need to stay.

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely, OP day!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #96  

Hi yesterday was my day 1 of my New Year, New Me and I just wanted to check in and say hi. Im new to this site and still learning how to navigate it a little bit. It is such a relief to have eaten well yesterday and also to have slept well last night. Getting ready to do a little exercise and keep on! I feel good today but its hard to see the image in the mirror of what Ive been doing to myself. I was on track a couple months ago and have been really struggling again for while. I got an injury, was in a lot of pain and got pretty overwhelmed with some emotions and life and just turned back to the food. So Im glad not to be doing that today!
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #97  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I'm on my phone so just a quick post. I'll do personals later on my laptop. Down another .8 for an all time new low of 226. Welcome to the newbies and everyone have a great day!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 445/380/180

Height: 5'5

Hey Good people,

I hope everyone is having a Thankful Awesome Day. I'm getting my workouts in and eating good, well I did have a Nestle Turtle yesterday, but I'm back on track. About to cook and entertain. I wanted to say hi and hello to the newbies. Welcome to 3fc. Y'all have a good one

much love
kede :-)
Kede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

The scale was kind to me today. Down a pound to 220

Calories today were 1326 but sodium was too high again at 4169 mg

My experience is that there is a lot of truth in the following statement:

Unhealthy: what thin people call you when you are fat and fat people call you when you are thin.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #100  
Melissa

Got another hour of exercise in. Ate a bit more in calories than I wanted to,u but was just plain hungry. However, my snacks were low carb snacks, not junk, so at least there is that. 1650 calories for today (I shoot for 1450). Could have been a lot, lot worse. Don't knowwhybi got hungry though.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

TTOM started for me today. I knew something was up.

Qtkitty I hate going to bed feeling really thirsty. I know that means that I've had too much sodium or msg. If you don't drink water, then you are thirsty. If you drink water, you know you will hold on to it and have a slight gain.

Mamakat What you are going through sounds awful! Does these symptoms always last 2 weeks? Again, it sounds similar to my allergy. Frustrating stuff!

Itsmyturn I hope you had a good day. How were your cravings? I hope you didn't rendezvous with the snack machine today. I hope the cravings have passed for you.

Italiannie Great job on the .4.

Berry Great job on the .4. Hang in there. The holidays will be over soon enough for you. Congrats on getting the workout in!

BuffJim Great job on eating 1/2 portions at the Italian restaurant.

Moondance I really like cleaning out the house and closets, too. DH's stuff keeps multiplying and I don't think I can get rid of any more. He has 100 times more stuff than I do.

Shiningthru Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Shishkeberry Congrats on the .8 and new low!

Kede Hi Good to see you check in. Glad to hear you are on track.

Larry Congrats on that pound! Your statement is so true!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
Cardio Mix and Melt w/#6 weighted ball
Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 385.2

Breakfast
Banana 75
1/2c Oatmeal 150
water 0
Cinnamon
raisins 31
Gum 8
Sub Total 264

Lunch
Ham Sandwich
2 slices Rye Bread 166
3oz slice Ham 139
2 slices tomato 6
Lettuce -
Yellow Mustard 3
1/2c Coleslaw 98
Sub Total 412

Dinner
Beef Veggie Soup 250
Roll 240
Gingerbread 220
½ Lemon Greek Yogurt 70
Sub Total 780

Daily Total 1456

Water 60

Someone noticed I had lost weight ... she says it is showing in my face... then was giving me advice on how to lose weight * sighs * Obviously if I am loosing enough for someone to notice then I do not need to figure out how to get my bod to lose weight. Its funny .... in a way.

Lady Sheets~ Welcome

MamaKat~ I actually have meal replacement powder. And it works to get the weight off. I lost the first 15 with them and gained half back when I went off. I noticed I was gaining and looked over what I was eating. I was planning on going back to them this time, however I kept forgetting them at home…soooooo *lol*

ItsMyTurn~I felt better today… a little while this afternoon at work my back bugged me but nothing like it had been .. Hooray!! I do that with breakfast cereal … I used to get a big bowl out and load up the cereal and milk and dig in. I ate shredded wheat to cocoa roos to fruit loops it didn’t really matter the kind but I ate till I was stuffed. This was only on the weekends though. Then didn’t eat lunch. But had dinner.

Moondance~ If you want to remember those things, but need to get rid of them. You could always scan then and store them on CD’s or an external hard drive. Then you can digitally alter the work to incorporate it into Christmas cards or what not.

shining thru ~ welcome

Diana3271~ I have come to expect gains du*ring the week… sitting in a chair all day has its disadvantages… but on the weekends I shed it .. Add sodium to that it’s a loosing battle for water gain. I was not as thirsty today.. hopefully thats a sign.* fingers crossed*
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #104  
Melissa

Made really yummy split pea soup for dinner tonight. Seems it will be tomorrow's dinner too as my older son and my husband a going skiing on orthodox Christmas eve. Need to make a cake for my husband's birthday for the 7th and since that is also orthodox Christmas, my mother in law aLso always makes this thing that is basically a vey simple yeast less dough baked and then dipped in honey butter to eat. And then of course, Christmas/birthday dinner which will be a roast pork with baked apples in a sauce. I just need to make it through that holiday (at least it's a double holiday?) and then no more high days for a very long time.... Well, we have a winter festival to attend on the 8th, but the food won't be a temptation. Never is.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-05-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Ok hoping in to add some excercise... finally popped in Biggest looser Challenges and started it... all together about an hour of excercise ..213points what ever that means ... i did not know it would not actually show the calories burned after the little blurb at the end of a routine so next time I will write them down.

Feeling pretty good right now woohoo
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote