Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Berry How did you do today? Any cravings? I haven't had any so far. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I had enough protein along with the sweets/carbs.
:
We had a party to go to this evening and it was all and I mean all sweets. So, anotherr high calorie day for me. I have a few days reprieve and then it's Christmas eve and then my husband's birthday. But I'll get through this and move on... I'm actually looking forward to it!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #17  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry Hang in there! You will get through it.

Shero Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 386.8

Breakfast
3 egg 210
2 Egg whites 34
1/2 c Veg Salad (Julianne Baby Carrots, Celery, Sweet Onion, Balsamic Vinegar, fresh squeezed orange juice, EVOO, Garlic, pepper) aprox. 40
1 slice Velveeta cheese 60
1 Tbsp Sour cream 30
Sub Total 374

Lunch
3 Multigrain wheat thins 28
4oz Eye of Round roast 184
1 Med. Yukon Gold Potato 110
3oz Carrots 35
Sub Total 357

Dinner
4oz Eye of Round roast 184
1 Med. Yukon Gold Potato 110
3oz Carrots 35
1/2c Peas 80
Sub Total 409

Dessert
2 truffles 150 ( I was offered more later and declined WOOHOO )

Daily Total 1290

Water 90 ( this is one time where those huge plastic cups come in handy.. 36oz water per cup but oh just drank 2 1/2cups that’s not much .. amazing the tricks your mind plays on you)

Today is the start of my calender .. litterally... I got my desk calender to hang on my wall to keep track of all of this information in a very visibal manner so I can see my progress.

Diana3271~ Thank You … it is exciting to me, because everyone has the same chair and I do not want to complain about it hurting. They are very nice chairs in comparison to other places I have worked.

Shero~ Welcome!

So curiosity question to everyone … how do you choose your goals … like I see Berry with the new exercise ticker for this year. Do you select random numbers or is there an equation??
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year, everyone!

AF is almost over, so here's hoping a lb or two will drop off soon. And today's my friday! I'm planning on supercharging the next 4 days off, pushing myself to seriously exercise and eat clean. I want to get to the next lb decade...and REALLY say goodbye to 170's.

Last edited by ArtyKay; 01-02-2012 at 06:48 AM.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #20  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Talking about weight gain today's WI brings me up a whopping 1lbs from last week but 4lbs from lowest weight of the week. Wooo, carbs are bad bad bad and so is gluten. I ate so much New Years Eve, that I may never see the loo again. Talk about pain. I am taking my probiotics this week for sure.

Diana I get puffy too. Some days I really notice it in my face, it's like all the hard work flew out the window, but then it passes. When I go for a walk, my loose rings end up embedded in my fingers they get so swollen, but after a huge drink, a visit to the 'ladies' and I'm back to being skinny fingers I hope you get to catch up on all your paperwork so that tomorrow is an easy enough day to start the new year. Monday's are always so hectic and after a vacation, I can only imagine so much more so. I know I'll hear lots of horror stories from DH tomorrow night...I don't envy small business owners, too much stress

kede glad to have you.

Shero glad to have you. What kind of shakes are you drinking. I once lost 50lbs on Slim Fast, but alas I gained that back and whole lot more. I had to retrain myself how not to eat gluttonous and gluten free. My DH is 1/3 of a company partner and the other 2/3 partners' wives had the surgery done. Wow, what an amazing difference. One of them has turned into a twig and everyone now thinks she's super ill, the other one is gaining it back (don't know why) I wanted to go the slow route. Sometimes just learning our bodies is better, at least it is for me. I get compliments from the other partners because I look healthy and I work out (something they don't do and really I guess don't need to, just to lose weight. It would help tone them though). Good luck

qtkitty your NSV's do sound nice. I have been announcing to all every time I sit in a chair I can now see it. Whereas before I'd sit down and hide the whole thing under my butt I so get how happy you are about the feet. My DD is now grossed out because my feet are boney and when I moved them you can see the tendons move too. Who ever thought, someone would say, I have boney feet I also lost 1/2 a shoe size since losing weight, love it. Keep up the great work...oh and now I want an orange, I can't remember the last one I ate.

Krystal Happy New Year. It's good to see you. I hope you do wonderfully with your goals. Good luck with training for that marathon, I'm proud of you for going for it.

Good morning to everyone I hope you have a wonderful and healthy day.

Last edited by mamakat; 01-02-2012 at 07:26 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Well the Holidays were not good for me or more correctly I was not good during the holiday season. January 2 and I am up 15 lbs!

The good news is I am a shadow of what I was a year ago.
I am back on plan and determined to stay on plan.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #22  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone! I was not around for a couple of days, and boy did I miss everyone. I'm up 1.4 since my last weigh in. Didn't make my 189 New Year's goal, but I'm pretty pleased that all in all I lost over 5 lbs during the holiday season, and today's a new day!

I've been reading all of your posts. Remember, although I don't post that many personal items, I love reading all of yours and am encouraged by them and can relate to most of them. So, here's my New Year's THANKS! to all of you for "putting it out there"

12/30/11 – 192.2
1/2/11 – 193.6 (+1.4)
Valentine Goal = 179
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #23  
Melissa

LarryH I am up 14 pounds from the holidays. Unbelievable. I gained 4 pounds in the days. Argh! But. Ow it's time to take it all off and I'm so ready for it. we have 2 more big days of it, but then, man, that is it and I'm being good until those two days and will take it easy on those days anyway.

Yep, scale is up again. Unbelievable how my body reacts to carbs. Just makes Me more and more aware how I feel better with them mostly out of my life (the simple carbs).
Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
LarryH I am up 14 pounds from the holidays. Unbelievable. I gained 4 pounds in the days. Argh! But. Ow it's time to take it all off and I'm so ready for it. we have 2 more big days of it, but then, man, that is it and I'm being good until those two days and will take it easy on those days anyway.

Yep, scale is up again. Unbelievable how my body reacts to carbs. Just makes Me more and more aware how I feel better with them mostly out of my life (the simple carbs).
Melissa, We can lick this!! The progress we made in 2011 shows that we can. I will be cheering for you to succeed!!

I am considering taking a closer look at simple carbs. My Urologist says with one kidney I need to limit my protein consumption. My Cardiologist says limit my fat intake. That leaves only carbs. However I could limit the simple carbs and keep the others. Hmmm?? I will have to look at this.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #25  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Melissa, We can lick this!! The progress we made in 2011 shows that we can. I will be cheering for you to succeed!!

I am considering taking a closer look at simple carbs. My Urologist says with one kidney I need to limit my protein consumption. My Cardiologist says limit my fat intake. That leaves only carbs. However I could limit the simple carbs and keep the others. Hmmm?? I will have to look at this.

Larry,
Im going to guess your cardiologist meant animal fats. Fts from things like nuts and olives and avocados aren't as damaging. But it is also true, too much protein is hard on the kidneys. Basically, there is no one good food group. Eating too much of one leads to problems of another. Excise really tempers some of it though.

I just know my body, for me, doesn't do well with simple sugars. If this 2 plus weeks didn't prove that to me, I don't know what would. I overrate yes, but not binging and not grotesquely, yet I gained all that weight. I can see it and feel it. To go from 171.2 to 185.6 in 17 days is insane and I don't have a bum heart or missing or non functioning kidney. My husband is floored by it. He's eaten about the same as me or even mo during this holiday season and we started at the same weight- 171. He's at 173.2. I'm at 185.6. Yes, he's male, but I'm more fit... So go figure.

Just now I went to go sign up for a spinning class tomorrow mid morning and the class is full. While I'm glad other people are trying to fit fitness into their lives. It's not nice that it disrupts my own fitness goals.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #26  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty;
So curiosity question to everyone … how do you choose your goals … like I see Berry with the new exercise ticker for this year. Do you select random numbers or is there an equation??
Last year (and this year) under the exercise forum on 3fc there was a walk/bike/run 1000 miles in 2011. So, I joined that as in the beginning especially walking was my exercise of choice.

About mid year I switched to BodyStep and BodyPump and sometimes cycling. Since I could walk 4 miles in an hour, I could an hour of intense workout as the same as walking 4 miles which is how I got to over 1000.

This year, I decided to make a goal of working out 250 hours (which would be the same walking 1000 miles if did that 4 miles an hour times 250 times out equals 1000) That works out to be working out 5 days a week for an hour each time for 50 weeks out of the year. I am generous in what I consider a workout. Raking for 3 hours is working out for 3 hours because when i rake, I rake... Sweating, sore muscles, etc.. Though, for lighter work, gardening might be say 6 hours in a day, but I would only count it for 2 hours or so. I go by how exhausted I feel to keep it honest.

250 hours is totally doable. I should have been way over 1000 for last years challenge if I wouldn't have taken most of December off.

Anyway, under the exercise forum there are a lot of new challenges starting up if you want to join one.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #27  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

The night before last, I didn't get enough sleep. I was trying to wash clothes and put things up from our trip. I got to bed at 2:30 AM and woke at 8:30 AM. Last night I was in bed around 12:30, I think. I woke this morning at 10:30! Wow! That's late for me, but I guess I needed the rest.

Weigh In: 152.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

Berry It's really amazing how our body reacts to things. While I was on vacation, I really watched what I ate. I had a very light breakfast to compensate for dinner. At lunch I avoided heavy bread type sandwiches. For dinner, I always had bread from the breadbasket, but we didn't get refills, etc. My protein was always a simple grilled protein. Mostly fish like mahi, salmon, or wahoo. I did eat a starch for dinner, mostly a some type of sweet potato. It was not covered in marshmallows, etc. I never had pasta, regular white potatoes, or rice. Then I shared a dessert with DH. So, for the most part, I would say that I made pretty good choices. I had a 7 pound gain from December 25 to my weigh in yesterday. I think that's a lot of weight to gain in that short period of times, especially while making better choices. I am coming to the conclusion that my body does not like anything but protein, fruit, and veggies.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #28  
Melissa

Diananit is also that your body is probably depleted of glycogen stores (which is what carbs gets stored as) carbs bind with water. So for every gram of carbs you eat, your body stores 3 grams of water. So, by eating lower carb usually, your body isn't usually storing much glycogen, but when it does get more sodium or carbs, it stow that glycogen or sodium which adds pounds on the scale.

Honestly, it's probably good for the body to get a "refeed" of glycogen, but it's murder on the scale and the scale conscious. Now I wasn't eating as caefully as you, butni wasn't binging either, yet I have the weight gain as if I were binging, totally sucks.

And today, yes, I am fighting cravings (and already succumbed a bit). Gotta stop that business, but there are sooooooo many goodies in the house, it's nearly impossible. But..... I must stop! Not too much damage today as far as calories, but it just prolongs the process of getting rid of the cravings.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #29  
Trying to live below 200

Berry I didn't have cravings this time and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I had enough protein with the carbs. Are you getting enough protein? Maybe up it a little to see what happens. Maybe that will help with the cravings. This whole thing feels like a science project. It's all about figuring out what works for you. Last night DH wanted smoked pork chops for dinner. I knew I couldn't eat them. Each pork chop had 1300 + mg sodium. I chose to make me a grilled honey mustard chicken breast. Sometimes it's frustrating that I can't eat certain things any time that I want them. What do you do? There are times that I will eat the smoked pork chops, but not now! My body would be like a super sponge and would absorb any liquid that I put in it.

ETA: I forgot to mention something that I noticed. All of that water weight seems to be in my stomach/belly area. We took some pictures last week and I could see that my belly was larger. Also, my Mom came over last night and she said that she could see it in that area. I was also struggling with an allergic reaction before we left. I didn't go to the bathroom for 3 or 4 days. It also seems like not eating all the veggies that I normally eat disrupted my whole bathroom routine. Yesterday I ate a pile of food, but I feel better today.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-02-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 445/380/180

Height: 5'5

Hi Good People! :-) I hope everyone is having a lovely week thus far. I am. I have to go back to work tomorrow, lol, but that's not a bad thing, since I miss the babies :-). I didn't check in on 12/31 or 1/1. Happy New Year Everyone!

I don't weight myself everyday, I do it by week (every monday). It says I lost a pound, but its a different weigh in time. usually I do it at 5 am and seeing as i just woke up at 11 am, who knows., lol. It's back to 430ams for me tomorrow, so maybe next week will be a better indicator to me.

Also, I haven't been eating properly due to Christmas break. For both days, I've been getting up pretty late, sleeping in/sleeping off, lol, so I've not had breakfast/snack or lunch until like 2 then dinner around 6. Since I usually eat dinner by 5, the "vacation dinners" have been very light. A six inch sub/ or a salad. I did have some yummys from the all the parties/get togethers, and drank massive water behind them, so I wouldn't indulge too much. I'll try to be back later to write about today. I've had nothing but water as of noon. I know, not good, but about to workout, clean up a bit and eat an orange. I have had too much fun this past week!.
Y'all have a grand day and thank you for the warm welcome mama cat and everyone else as well :0)
Kede is offline   Reply With Quote