Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again... 284

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way To Go !!!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

[b]
Old 02-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Woooo Hoooo!!!

Look what we got in the mail today?!!

We got the cheap seats this time because we were ordering 5 tickets, but who cares?! We will be listening to those engines roll LIVE in 3 weeks and 2 days!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 03:46 PM   #3  

Tina, you are such a hoot. Vroom Vroom (just until you can get there and smell the asphault, hear the engines and sigh over the big orange car!

Well, I finished my cleaning and my second walk, hurrah! Of course it wasn't raining too hard until I got about 1/2 way and then it came down! I slipped in some mud on a sidewalk, but nothing damaged! It is ugly out there though and it is supposed to continue through tomorrow.

Sandy, those time cards must be really keeping you busy. You are usually posting a couple times during the day.

Dh should be home soon, so I am going downstairs.

Have a nice night and weekend.
Donna
Old 02-14-2003, 03:58 PM   #4  

Angry Hiya Chickies!

Just popping in to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY! Have a wonderful day Valentine Day baby!

We're heading out to a play "Mambo Italiano" in Toronto tonight. A friend of ours bought tickets to surprise her sweetie for Valentine's Day, and then SURPRISE, her sweetie said they had to be away on business this weekend! Not nice for her but... nice for us! She just GAVE us the tickets!

Yeesh. Hubby and I have been better. Sucks that today happens to be Valentine's day... because I feel the exact opposite of the V-Day spirit.

Anyhoo... I'm planning a cozy girls night out tomorrow evening and I'm looking forward to that!

Gotta scoot.
Sara
Old 02-14-2003, 06:57 PM   #5  

Hope everyones Valentines day is going really really well. We stayed in tonight.....too gosh darn cold to go out!!! Its only 7pm almost and it's already -3 outside.....bbbbrrrrrr.....

Mdonna/well work was little busy then I went shopping after work to a town 45 min. away because thats the only place I can get my skinnycows and my crumbles!!! But it's the closest Walmart too, so I went in there and got my Popcorn and water, so the trip was not wasted, and I got the kids both a toy for Valentines day. Got hubby some chocolates (he loves) and a card and some new unders.....and gave him his best gift this a.m and the man still wants more. I must be doing something right

Sarajoy/ what is "Mambo Italiano"? Never heard it before? But hope you had fun playing.

Baylee/ I have never tried Tuna steak, I mean I love tuna fish and I know they say there is no comparision, do you eat it? I love other fish so maybe I should give it a try?

Tina/ hope you got your Big and Tasty in. I showed my dh your ticket here on the thread, his first question just like a man was how much were the tickets and what seat is it.....so I will be watching the race on tv I sure so make sure you find a way to wave....lol

Hugs to all......
Old 02-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Hi there!

Sounds like everyone's having a nice day. We were out bright and early this morning, to sign and pick up our wills! mmm, nuthin' says Happy Valentines Day like a good will! It really was about time since we're married almost 20 years. Then we went out to lunch. We had decided previously that we were NOT going to do anything for VD this year, so what does he do? Bought me 2 CDs, Rod Stewart's "It Had to be You" that I've been dying for, and Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising," (to gear up for the concert next month!) AND the DVD of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," (I'll be watching this evening!) But the best gift was that he picked up my engagement ring from the jewlers...I had brought it in a few weeks ago to have a broken prong fixed. I told him he needed to get down on one knee to present it properly... Oh, those knees just ain't what they used to be! Plus, the hard kitchen floor didn't help matters much! We had a good laugh...yeah, he is a keeper!

...oh, what did I not get him, you ask?...ummm, all i can say is, I'm a woman of my word! NOTHING! Well....I did manage to grab a a really sweet card when I was out briefly yesterday...and in my defense, I HAVE been sick...I'll make up for it on his BD, the 24th...

No Big & Tasty's here this weekend...the boys left for camping at 6. Scheduled to meet everyone and head out for the 3 hour ride by 6:30...he called me a few minutes ago, 8:00, to say they just got on the road... ...you know that sound of controlled anger in someone's voice, that means there are kids around, don't want to explode or say any bad words? Yep, that's what he sounded like...gonna be a L*O*N*G trip, even longer to set up everything at 11:00 tonight...in the bitter cold...yeesh.

On the other hand, my daughter has a nice Valentine's Day planned...her and her BF were going in to the city to see a show. I have been very skeptical about this with all the heightened security/terrorist warnings on the news. She called me from his house to tell me that all trains in and out of Manhattan have been cancelled due to a fire in Penn Station! (YES! I thought as I said, "Aww...that's too bad!") "Don't worry, Mom, John's dad got the car to take us in"...(Big bucks daddy usually springs for the company limo to bring them home.) Oh, goodie....back to worrying for me.

So that's my tale...I'm going to make some popcorn now...get out the afghan, curl up on the couch and watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." For as long as it was in the theaters, I never saw it! Can't wait. If anyone wants to come over and have a pajama party, come on down!

Once again, Happy Valentines Day to the best bunch of chicks around, bar none!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-14-2003 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:40 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Oh yeah...who's chatting tomorrow?? Come one, come all!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

HI all
Well the day went fairly good. We went out to eat and I ate too much.

I have felt all day that something was missing, now I know what it was. My Grandmother was always the first person to call and wish me a happy birthday. I have been waiting for the phone to ring.

I have to work tomorrow and have a meeting in the afternoon. I'll try to make chat though.

Thin thanks for the cards.
Lucky love yours too.

I think I need a vacation. I could use a good soak in a whirlpool.
Well I better run, hubby wants to check his e-mail.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:09 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Talking Thank you, Thin!!

I just looked at today's mail....THIN!!! What a nice surprise! That really made my day! Thank you! {{{hug}}}
Old 02-15-2003, 07:03 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Just a quickie! Thin I got my mail today and that was such a sweet surprise....and Lucky...I got your mail the other day too and it put a smile on my face...just so you know we are in for another snowstorm here tomorrow night...we were suppose to have one today but we got lucky and will only end up with an inch on top of the six we already have!!

Thin....my honey's birthday is on the 24th too!!

Well I gotta run again....have to go to work today...we have an emergency conference call this morning at 9:45!

TTFN Michelle
Old 02-15-2003, 08:46 AM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Angry A BIG thank you to Thin......

Thin, you will never know what that card meant to me today. If you guys haven't noticed, except for a few measly posts here and there, I haven't really been around the last couple of days. Of course you know what that means ..........when I am unmotivated, I have a tendency to dissappear. Now, I don't need you guys to rally around me and give me a lot of advice. Don't get me wrong, I love you and that's what you're supposed to do, right? That's what this thread is for, right? But I'm ok now. I worked through it and thanks to Thin, I'm back on my way. I don't even really know what happened. Ok, that's a lie. Yes, I do. No matter how hard I tried, no matter how hard I fought it.........that nagging agrivation with the scale got to me. I don't know how or why......maybe I'm just a head case. I still did very good that morning, but as Tuesday night came in, so did those eating frenzies. So I nibbled here....and I nibbled there. Wednesday came, got up, did my WATP 2 mile, and to make up for the damage I had incurred on Tuesday, I decided to decrease my points for the day and I did. Only 15 pts all day. Thought I was back on track, right? WRONG. Thursday came, did my 2 mile WATP.....was fine till about 8:00. I went over to a friend's house to help her and her sister make rice crispie treats and cupcakes with cream cheese icing for work. Do I need to go any further on that? Of course you know, cupcakes must be tasted. And tasted.....and tasted....and tasted. So I figure, best way to undo the damage from Thursday was to restrict the points on Friday. So Friday, I get up, do my 3 mile WATP and am fine as wine till about 9:00. At this point, I have eaten aproximately 10 pts. I didn't even waiver as I served my dh his dinner of a porterhouse steak, baked potato with butter, sourcream, melted cheese and fried onions, corn on the cob, rolls and salad loaded with croutons and O'Charley's blue cheese dressing. I meagerly ate my baked fish with salsa and my salad with ff blue cheese dressing. But then, when he went to bed, (he had to work this morning) all bets were off and the kitchen became my best friend......or worst enemy....however you look at it. I can't even tell you everything I ate. I still think I'm in a food coma, at least that's the way my body feels. I woke up, where I had passed out on the couch with horrible heartburn, swolen ankles and a icky feeling in my gut only a true glutton knows. And little by little........my light that had burned for so long, was getting dimmer and dimmer.....
THEN.........dh is heading out the driveway to go to work and as I'm watching him leave, I look over and see something sticking out of the mailbox. I checked it yesterday because that was when I got my tickets, so I'm wondering what I missed. So, I hop down the carport stairs, in the rain mind you, with no shoes on........why was it so important that I go down there and see what it was? So I get down there and get the little white card that somehow I missed yesterday.......and there is my name with Thin's name as the sender. At first I was so excited......and then I felt ashamed. Why? I'm still not sure. But then I opened the card and read it. And I started bawling. I was crying for so many things I can't even tell you. Crying because this weight is going to plague me my whole life, crying because I just can't get it together seems like, crying because I feel like a failure, crying because just once I want to see this thing through, just crying. So I head into the kitchen to put Thin's card on the fridge and then I see Lucky's post card. And I think, "I've never even met these women, yet they took time out of their lives to think of me. Sometimes who you consider to be your closest friend will not do that. So, in the midst of bawling in the kitchen and staring at Thin's and Lucky's card, something inside me snapped and I realized...........I am not alone. Even though I know you guys are always here for me, I had something tangeble....something I could hold in my hand and for some reason, that little bulb that was dimming and almost out, started to shine brighter and brighter. The light bulb is back on full force. And I have my lovely friends to thank for it. Don't you worry about me. I guess I'm just human. I'm going to have my ups and downs, but as long as I have you guys, the ups are way ups and the downs just don't last as long as they used to. I thank each and every one of you for what you mean to me. Every single one of you in some way or another, has said or done something that has inspired me, cheered me on or even kicked my butt when I've needed it. I hope in some small way....I have been that for you at some time.
Ok, I feel like I've babbled long enough and I hear my WATP video calling my name. I will be back later.....I just needed to share. Have a wonderful day. I love you all.

Last edited by QueenB; 02-15-2003 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:13 AM   #12  

Oops, was going to post BUT mailman just delivered (the mail) and then I have to go in the shed and look for bras....

Back later...oh, it's only zero out!!!!! brrrrrr
Old 02-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Good God, woman! Keep 'em in the house, like everyone else! They're much warmer when you put them on, too!
Old 02-15-2003, 12:21 PM   #14  

Tina, Oh I am with you girl. I suddenly fell into all my old mental habits. One of the people on that Oprah show said losing weight has nothing to do with what diet we are on, it's all in our heads!!! For me, I know that is so true and mine has been lately.

Thin, you savior you. I don't know what it is I love the internet, email, computers, for without them I would never have met any of you BUT there is something about dear old snail mail! It's like a

Your snail mail was wonderful, and I thank you!

Hmmm girls maybe one of these time we will get free bras!!!!

Speaking of bras. I need new ones and remembered I had all of my old ones in various sizes from when I gained weight so I went to find them since I need a size smaller. They were cold, Kat, but will be nice and warm after I wash and dry them!

CHAT 7 pm Central / 8 pm Eastern, Saturday night Feb 15th
Old 02-15-2003, 12:45 PM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

No time to post right now... but thought you might like to see a picture of me in my Valentine gift. LOL
Closed Thread