Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/256/175

Height: 5'10

Default Food Rehab

HI all,

I am on day 6 of my diet. I don't think I've lost any actual scale weight but I do seem to be more comfortable in clothes. As of yesterday I have also started to feel a lot better. I've been eating 6 times a day (small meals - lowfat / high protien) and working out. It's crazy because the first 4 days it was as if I was coming off of a drug. I'd eat healthy foods and my body hated me for it. I was tired, cranky, basically withdrawing from the awful food my body had become (IMO) addicted to. FOR YEARS, I would wake up in the middle of the night and eat. This is a cycle I have been trying to break forever. Well, the past two days, I've slept all night and havent' woken up to eat. I think I might actually be making some progress!!!

Did anyone else go though this? I would liken it to what a drug addict or alcoholic would go through. Kind of a haze the first few days. Very odd and very scary that my body had become so dependent on high fat, high sodium, sugary foods...

Anyway, pushing on and trying to change my life. I really hope I stick to this. I've cut out coffee and soda in addition to changing my diet. I really do feel better, I just hope I don't fall back into old habits.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone!!!

Last edited by hughs dad; 10-29-2011 at 08:46 AM.
hughs dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, hughs dad!

You were probably in carb detox. I went through it when I started Medifast. They even tell us to expect to be tired/cranky/headachy the first 3-5 days.

Good luck to you! And you gave up coffee, too? WOW! No way I'm giving up MY coffee if I don't have to!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

hughs dad, sounds like you have a good handle on it. Keep up the good work.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231.5/221/190

Height: 5ft 4inch

congrats to feeling healthy! I am on day 3 of my diet...have lost 4.5 pounds so far, but physically cant notice the difference.... Probably all water weight ive lost...keep it up and eventually the scale will notice too!
seco0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I've always felt certain foods have physically and mentally addictive aspects to them for me. I function so much better when I'm eating healthily. My blood sugar levels even out, my skin is better, my energy levels are better. My physical stamina. My mental outlook. Not just the eating for me, though, it's the physical activity too.

I don't consider myself doomed to fall back into my old habits if I slip. the longer I'm eating healthily, the more it feels like a normal way to be and the cravings for the other foods aren't as enticing.

It's definitely a management situation, I have to keep track of my weight. That's the surest way to keep in check that I'm eating and exercising to the levels that help me reach my goals.

PS No, I can't give up the coffee either, ha

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 10-29-2011 at 10:15 AM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #6  

I do the night eating thing. Rather than let it ruin my diet, i just plan for it.
I am doing it right now in fact. I will wake up, eat something, say a bowl of porridge made with water and then i will let that be my breakfast.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I can certainly relate. I started this journey by giving up sugar, something that would turn to when I was bored/angry/sad etc. I cut it out cold turkey and it really was difficult at first but after I got over those first few days I felt a tremendous difference. I felt lighter and everything seemed easier somehow.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #8  
So close, yet so far away

S/C/G: 188/154/135

Height: 5'5

Hughs dad I went through the same thing when I started dieting in mid july. I gave up a horrible diet of fat, sugar, and fast food. I swear the first week I felt like a junkie needing a fix!! I was sick, headaches, moody, just plain miserable! It did finally pass by week 2 and then I felt great! Youll get there too!
madmadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm sure giving up the caffeine had something to do with it, too. Good for you for sticking to your plan! Getting through the withdrawals is one of the hardest parts.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote