Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanna7 View Post
And speaking of the sodium overdose. I was so famished when I got home, I had 3 tbsp of con queso with a handful of pork rinds.....stupid.
Nanna Good Morning! The queso would get me too! Blow right up! Hang in there, it will pass. I know that IV didn't help, either.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #47  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

zoodoo

I too, am not "manic" in its usual form: spending, life of the party, sex for fun with others (thank goodness) but my mania is anger and situational stuff. If I get overstimulated I don't think before I do. The reason they know I'm not depressed (which I've been diagnosed all my life) is because I can be happy and I can care for others and myself (not always) and anti depressants work against me instead of helping.

So he's trying Lamictal with Lithium as I am more depressed than manic. Lithium has helped a great great deal, I'm waiting to see about the 'miracle pill' which is what my shrink calls it. I haven't raged in a very long time, I have freaked out a few times, but generally it passes quicker than normal. But I'm not a jolly social person, ever. And my height of mania is probably when I met my husband.

I hope your DH gets the help he needs. Depression sucks no doubt, it really drags you down, but no amount of anti depressants will help if it is Bipolar. But it's all trial and error as there are no blood tests for these things.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #48  
Life is about balance

Sum
Maybe her MD knows more than me, I'm just the patient. If its working don't mess with it, that seems to be the right motto for everything. I've been on Abilify...LOL I've been on everything. Nothing has worked. There are some people no med will help thats when they bring in shock therapy...of course it's no longer called that. When I was in the hospital the "good" patience got to eat in the caf. We passed the ECT room every day...like a warning for us to remain good

ETA Sum, her doctors are right, I was curious and looked it up. I used it as an anti depressant, wasn't told it was for other things. And you want to know what, it was prescribed to me by a family doctor who really just threw pills out for the heck of it. I probably didn't react to it well and went off on my own (chalk it up to stupid things I do). I ended up leaving that doctor because he blamed everything on depression and weight. I was getting nowhere fast with him. So I stand corrected Abilify is not only for depression!

Last edited by mamakat; 10-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #49  
Life is about balance

Nanna No doubt that IV help in a gain. I passed out last year, in a doctor's office. They said I was dehydrated too, which seemed iffy to me as I drink like a fish. My doc at the time said it was probably anxiety. I have no idea as surgery was over and the doctor was just checking how my hands were doing...what's there to be anxious about, mmm let me see, it was in New Haven! I hate New Haven. Funny part is his office was in the same building as the hospital, I could have walked over or at the very least been wheeled. Nope had to get an ambulance. I could practically hear it start up from where I was. I also got the pleasure of smelling smelling salts...eww, twice! DH drove from then on. Got to love anxiety.

Side note, I was too out of it to notice if the EMTs were good looking. All I remember is "Katrina, are you with us." I assume I was as I could hear them
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

Last nights visit in an ambulance, was the first for me since I gave birth to my son 28 years ago. Emergency transportation has come a long ways. My Mother was with me, we had just been to the grocery store , on the floor of which I almost collapsed, and was going to bring me to the hospital, but no, they didn't want her doing that. I can only hope that by them cutting my lasix in 1/2 that I don't start retaining again like I did before and therefore making it difficult to lose.

Diana, isn't it amazing, we KNOW what gives us problems, but we eat it anyway. If I would have stopped and thought about the 2 bags of IV fluids I had just gotten, I prolly wouldn't have touched the con queso or the pork rinds. But after spending 8.5 in the E.R. I was starving and didn't care what I ate......lol

Breakfast turned out to be BLT's (lower sodium bacon) lol......That bacon was smelling so good. And I really was getting tired of eggs in the morning. So the light went off in my head as it sometimes does. You've got fresh tomatoes, you've romanie lettuce and mayo......................TADA

Last edited by Nanna7; 10-25-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Nanna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #51  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Sum
Maybe her MD knows more than me, I'm just the patient. If its working don't mess with it, that seems to be the right motto for everything. I've been on Abilify...LOL I've been on everything. Nothing has worked. There are some people no med will help thats when they bring in shock therapy...of course it's no longer called that. When I was in the hospital the "good" patience got to eat in the caf. We passed the ECT room every day...like a warning for us to remain good

ETA Sum, her doctors are right, I was curious and looked it up. I used it as an anti depressant, wasn't told it was for other things. And you want to know what, it was prescribed to me by a family doctor who really just threw pills out for the heck of it. I probably didn't react to it well and went off on my own (chalk it up to stupid things I do). I ended up leaving that doctor because he blamed everything on depression and weight. I was getting nowhere fast with him. So I stand corrected Abilify is not only for depression!
Her dr says she has to take it with zoloft. I guess they work in harmony together. She swears by it. She has more tendency towards depression.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
mamakat...what is it called? I have a very deal one who suffers from bipolar. She takes Abilify with zoloft.
It's amazing how individualized treatment needs to be. What works for one doesn't work for another. My husband was on abilify for a while, and I thought it was working great. He wasn't sleeping all the time! He was doing things! Great!, I thought. Turns out he didn't feel any better at all. The Abilify just made him so anxious, frenetic, and antsy that he couldn't sit still at all.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #53  

Good morning everyone!
I woke up a half hour late this morning, so we were rushing to get out the door to school. Then, my friend and I set out on our walk during a very light sprinkle, but by time our walk was over, the rain got heavier and we were pretty wet! I am hoping the rest of the day brings a little more good luck than the beginning has.
So I think I may have finally lost some weight!!! I saw a new low this morning of 177.6, but I am going to see if it sticks because I had an extremely high calorie burn of 3700 yesterday (average is 2600) and ate no where near what I should have with that burn, so it may just be a blip. I wish all days were like that, I got so much done. Weeding (about 3 hours worth), putting away porch furniture, lots of laundry, baked banana chocolate chip muffins (only ate one and I made them small), made some energy bars (cut into small chunks and put in the freezer-ate 2), made dinner, some sweeping, and my morning walk of course. And all with the most miserably sore hamstrings you can imagine! Ouch. They still hurt today! I think I am going to skip the weight lifting this week and get back at it next week. The rest of my muscles that were sore are better, but these hamstrings of mine are giving me a run for my money.

Sum, glad you are back, I missed you lots!!!

Zoodoo, good to hear from you again too!!! We wonder about you guys and miss you.

Nanna, hope your medication adjustments work for you. Watch out for that evil sodium in that lasagna! Last time I made it, I was shocked at the amount of sodium per piece, over 1,000 for 1/8 of the pan!!! I think the jarred sauce and the cheese were the culprits.

Mama, bummer about the nightmares. Darn side effects! I agree, that is much worse than insomnia.

Neveah, glad the scale is moving for you again!

Berry, that cake is awesome!!! You are a very talented sculpturist if that is even a word. Have you ever watched the cake show on food network? Can't remember what it is called, but it is on in the mornings when I work out, so I watch it sometimes. They make amazing cakes. I can barely make a regular frosted cake in a cake pan look good.

Still, glad the sodium is leaving you from chinese. Have you ever asked for your meal to be MSG free? That is usually what they use and they will omit it if you ask. Can't wait to see the shark costume, sounds cute and very inventive!

K9, hows it going, do you have a day off now?

Moondance, do you have any NSVs to share?

Larry, Hi, glad you checked in, great NSV! Kaplods on here is a big TOPS advocate, she would probably love to hear that you are speaking at a group.

Mustard, Hi!

ItsMyTurn, Hi!

Diana, Hi!

I probably missed someone, I don't mean to, I just can't see any farther back and my memory sucks so Hi to everyone else!!!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #54  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE!!!
14.5 hrs later and I am completely RESTED!!

Monday had to be the worst BINGE day I've had in a few months, well over 3K cals! I'm so glad it's Tuesday.
I am off til Friday (Thx for asking, Jo)

More later, time to start this week!

Last edited by K9Owner; 10-25-2011 at 01:22 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Nanna, hope your medication adjustments work for you. Watch out for that evil sodium in that lasagna! Last time I made it, I was shocked at the amount of sodium per piece, over 1,000 for 1/8 of the pan!!! I think the jarred sauce and the cheese were the culprits.

Thanks Jomatho....I completely forgot about that. Maybe I will put it off till another day. Give my body a chnace to recover from this episode of sodium shock.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #56  

Just out of curiosity, I got on the scale just now.....283.6 it was 288 this morning...go figure.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Has anyone seen Itsmyturn? I haven't seen her post here.

ETA: I just did a search on here. She has been here. So everything is OK with her.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #58  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I really need to catch up with personals and such, but I'm just behind in EVERYTHING.

Chaperoned my son's class trip to the science center today. That was a lot of fun. I'll go walk to pick him up in a bit. AND I don't have the hungries today. They were worrying me a bit. Looks like today will be a spot on day - YAY!!!! I think it helps that it's gorgeous outside today, my cold is basically gone and this darn headache I had for a couple weeks due to the muscle strain is better too. Yay!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Hi Everyone!
I'm reeling a bit from my drive in this morning, so forgive me for not addressing folks individually. I passed a deer that had been hit by a car. She was kneeling on her front legs, stunned and hurt. Debris from the car was in road, but no sign of the car or driver. The car in front of me pulled over, so I didn't. I couldn't even look at the poor thing. I cried the rest of my way in to work. So sad. How can people do that?

I don't mean to be a downer. I just can't get her frightened eyes out of my head.

I hope everyone has a great, on-plan day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #60  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Hello! Wow.... busy thread! LOL! Let's see if I can catch up ...

berry - I will have to look at the cake when I get home, pics are blocked at work... but totally great that you did an Angry Bird cake!!!! I love Angry Birds... or... get angry at them on the game, lol, I just can't seem to beat it!

Kristiina - Great to see you pop in!

Donna - So good to see you!!! I didn't catch why you went to ER... I hope you are ok?

to the new faces good to see ya

As for the bipolar talk... my 1st hubby was bipolar/manic depressive...he had rage issues with his, and then totally down after. He was violent though. They put him on Lithium and I thought "wow, a pill can do this??" He was even keeled for the most part. But then would convince himself he was better, didn't need the med, and around and around we go. I will say that I had to end the marriage when he beat me while I was nursing our son...I went outside the apartment to escape and he went and loaded a 302British (rifle) and was aiming it at me through our baby's window. Since our divorce he has done counseling and such, but no meds anymore...as he has MS pretty bad and the meds for bipolar react poorly to his body... poor guy just can't seem to win - but doesn't have manic episodes so much cause his body literally just doesn't have it in it. It's amazing how individualized each struggle is with trying to figure out the inbalance.

Diana - Thanks for the worry, I have been fine. Busy as can be, and been checking in on my MFP (which Jo, Krystal and a few others are on too) to make sure I am making contact If in doubt, they will know... I saw how much I missed here though and wanted to make sure I could read before posting though,

Still - great creativity for a costume!!!! Nice and can't wait to see it!

AFM - have totally been on plan eating, but unfortunately due to some emotional and physical issues, have been lacking a bit in the fitness end. I was all happy to be a couple days in again, thought I would be on track again...but it's amazing how fast a wrench can get thrown into the works. Today I can barely keep the eyes open, so refuse to hold guilt when I don't do the gym tonight... not if I can just close my eyes and try to re-energize myself through some much needed sleep I figure it this way... better to get the sleep, get myself back on track that way and REALLY put in good exercise effort the rest of the week.... then to try to over-push myself, hurt my body due to pushing when it's not strong enough, and then make no progress - the whole reason we have these things in our house is so I can use them anytime when well enough... I don't have to worry about missing a class, or not getting my money's worth out a gym on my bad days... I so got this

It sounds like (other than the MIL incident *kicks on her behalf just one more time * ) that everyone has been having a decent way of progress. Sorry about the MIL thing, but congrats on keeping your cool... you are a nicer person than I am. Also, sorry to hear of the ER run (I know I am grouping together events that go to all different people, just I didn't write them down, so not entirely sure who all is involved)....and the sodium gain, but glad you are waiting a day to do the lasagna as I think Jo hit it on the head with more sodium.

Oh! And Larry - I sure hope the tests all come out well for your DW! You all have not left our thoughts and prayers.

It's been awhile since I did it, so will also add an update on my Amber (will keep it short since I seemed to have joined the page of post group, lol): She is still doing physical therapy 3x/wk, but... the injections she had on wrist and ankle seem to be holding pretty well!!! YAY! She is also starting to do a new exercise with modules that cause her muscles around that bad knee to contract now - whereas she was not strong enough to be considered for that before!!!! She is still progressing, slowly, but progressing. They have started her back on her Methotrexate (chemotherapy) via oral pills (easier for her than injections), and she will be starting ANOTHER RA med once the approval goes through (more red tape). I love that it's all progress though!!!! and wanted to share with you all who have allowed me to share a bit of my family with you Thank you all for that!!!! *hugs* Have a super day!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote