Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #61  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Nikki - I love how you put your body in it's place by outsmarting it, LOL

Larry - You all sure are in our thoughts and prayers. We know how bad it stinks to have a lot of your schedule taken up by doctor appts and associated ones (tests, therapies, etc). In the long run though, it's just part of another branch of your journey for health
Old 10-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #62  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! We decided to go to a "new to us" restaurant. Every time I have "new" and "restaurant" in the same sentence, you know there is going to be drama! I was looking at this restaurant's menu and today is Taco Tuesday. We decided to go there. The taco's came out and they were different than what I normally order. I ate them as they were and I enjoyed them very much. The good thing is that now I know how they are served and I can modify for the next time. The bad thing is that I am over the amount of calories that I try to stick with. I am also interested to see if I have a gain for tomorrow. The food wasn't overly salty, but there can also be hidden MSG. I will see how tomorrow goes. My weigh in will probably determine if we go back there. I enjoyed my food very much, but not enough to deal with drama on a regular basis. I am trying to keep my calories in my range and keep my weight low because next week is DH's birthday and the fair. If I have a crazy water weight gain from sodium or MSG there's still time for it to pass. I did an estimate on my calories, but I could be off.

Total Approx 1640 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
3 BBQ Chicken Tacos 900 calories

Exercise:
Slim Series Tear It Up w/5's, 8's, and 10's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Boxing w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-18-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #63  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Shocking news...I had three meals today I was over by 10 calories (maybe as it's all guessing).

Doctor put me on yet another pill, so we'll see how things go. Takes 3 weeks to see if it's working. By then I'll have forgotten why I'm even taking it...got to love memory loss. Ahhhh, speaking of forgetfulness, I was driving in afternoon traffic, hitting the city limits and remembered at the very last minute I needed to get off on 91 instead of 95...that was 4 lanes over. I broke several laws getting over there and I'm thankful DH did not see what I did. He had a fit on Sunday with me pulling a U-turn (he said it's something I would never ever do and now he's afraid I'm manic...LOL) If he saw what I did in that kind of traffic, I would almost be shocked if he didn't have heart failure.

I didn't get the exercise in, I was just too tired. Definitely tomorrow. I promise me Have a good night everyone
Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

I did super well today.

1hour of Slim in 6 Level 3 (Whew, that stuff is quite tough, but not unmanageable).

Breakfast: 1 Cliff bar, 1 coffee (splash milk, 1tsp sugar...don't deny myself my coffee sugar!)

Lunch: Baked cod, no oil. 1/2 a medium piece. 1 salad with homemade honey mustard vinegarette.

Snack: One mini croissant (couldn't stay away from those buggers, but much better than yesterday!).

Dinner: 1 fruit smoothie (4 strawberries, couple of slices of mango, splash of OJ).

I think that sounds pretty reasonable.

Good job everybody for staying on track! I love reading your posts- they make me feel I am not alone!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #65  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

190.6. Holy crap!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #66  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

OMG! The scale gave me the best birthday present ever- it read 165.0 about 15 min ago. Holy crap. I re-weighed myself just to make sure. But I'm not counting it yet because thats the way my body loses- I "flirt" with a number for a while before settling there. But it was still so good to see. And I wasn't dehydrated, as I got in my water goal and more yesterday. Totally psyched.

Yesterday was a solid, on plan day. I ended up about 12 calories under my goal of 1550 cal. NSV: I totally resisted the cake for the rest of the night!!! I did not have a chance to work out, as DH and I had a lot to do yesterday evening. But thats okay, I've been pushing myself pretty hard in workouts lately and I'm sure my body doesn't mind a little recovery.

Today is going to be a bit over calories (or the "wrong" calories, if you will), as I'm taking mini birthday cupcakes to my class and I'm planning on having one. Also, we're having angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream tonight. And then, Thursday, its right back on track!

Melissa- the antibiotic is done now, right? Drink plenty of water and soon the 190 will be a thing of the past.

Mustard Fan- hi! I think your food sounds reasonable, if a little low for me personally. I need a bit more food than that to function. But if it keeps you satisfied, well awesome! Good job staying on track!

mamakat- It sounds like you drive like a friend of mine. We went to Chicago once (a 4 hour drive) and watching her cross four lanes to an exit almost gave me a heart attack! Great work getting in three meals!

Diana3271- Hope the new restaurant doesn't cause you too much drama. Glad you enjoyed your meal though.

ItsMyTurn- thanks!

WannaBeLoser- congrats on the 2 lb loss!

Larry- I'm glad you are getting your DW into your cardiologist. Hopefully they are able to help her. Thinking of you. It can be difficult managing so many medical appointments all the time. When I was dealing with the cancer, I joked that doctor's waiting rooms must be what Purgatory is like.

Vixsin- hi!

K9- how did yesterday go with getting up too early?

Hi to shishkeberry, Sum, Moon, jomatho, and anyone else I missed!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #67  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
Looks like my body is freaking out with all the food, my scale keeps rising. I really can't afford to skip the gym today and I won't. I was thinking a nice 45-60 min bike ride.

DH left for Boston in the wee hours this morning. Last night after dinner he prepared tonight's meal. Here's where I get hit with reality that I can't manage even cooking for myself. DH came in says, all I need to do is put it in the heating part of crockpot and it'll be done by dinner time. I say okay (thinking it's easy enough) then he comes back and asks if I want him to do it. he seriously thinks I can't manage this. Wouldn't it be funny if I forgot? Not to worry I wrote in on today's to do list...I'm prepared, I can do this!

Berry maybe today will be the day the water starts leaving, hope you don't have many plans the next few days as you'll need be close to the potty.

Still when was your birthday? Happy Birthday (belated). How nice to bring in cupcakes, enjoy

Mustard I agree with Still, all your food sounded healthy and yummy (minus croissant, . I love croissants ). Does it keep you full. I normally (when I don't forget) have a bar or shake for breakfast, so I know they can satisfy. Do you like your bigger meals at lunch time...lots of people find it less heavy that way. Do you get hungry though with such a light dinner. I can't sleep when I'm hungry. You're doing great!

Well it's still early in the morning, so I guess I will have to do more personals later. I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am up a pound, but I am not going to write the restaurant off, just yet. TMI alert! I haven't had a BM in 2 days! This is very unusual for me. That could be why I had a gain yesterday, too. Also, I did a very tough weight workout, yesterday.

Weigh In: 144.8
Up: 1 pound
Old 10-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #69  
Melissa

Ok weigh in this morning was 189.6. And I had to get up and go pee during the night, but I was also thirsty, so I drank another glass of water. Time for this water weight to go BYE-BYE!!!!! let's see how fast my body gets the message!

Oh, and my younger son started coming down with a cold on Monday evening. Guess who shared with mom?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #70  
Melissa

Happy Birthday Still!!!!! And woohoo on the 165! you've worked hard for it!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #71  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Still!

I'm down .2 to 189.0. Still fighting on with the water. Got some stretching and a little strength work in yesterday. I am S.O.R.E. today! Love it!

Busy, busy, busy here!! I'll try to check back! Have a healthy and on plan day to all!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
OMG! The scale gave me the best birthday present ever- it read 165.0 about 15 min ago. Holy crap. I re-weighed myself just to make sure. But I'm not counting it yet because thats the way my body loses- I "flirt" with a number for a while before settling there. But it was still so good to see. And I wasn't dehydrated, as I got in my water goal and more yesterday. Totally psyched.
Happy Birthday!! and Congratulations on the loss!

Larry,
Old 10-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #73  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Happy Birthday, Nikki!

What an awesome gift!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #74  

Hi everyone! I don't think I made time to post yesterday did I?
I have been struggling with hunger the last couple days.
Monday I did an extra workout in the afternoon just to have a few extra calories to eat to get me through dinner that night. So monday I got in my hour walk in the morning and then did 3+ miles running on the treadmill and a little more walking after that.
Tuesday was an hour walk in the morning followed by weight lifting "circuits" going from one set of weights to the elliptical for one minute, so in total, I had 20 sets of weights and 20 minutes on the elliptical. That was fun but it whipped my butt. By the last couple elliptical minutes, my legs were jello.
Today, rest day from weights but I ran a little over 3 miles and did some walking too.
So this all sounds great, but my calories have been higher due to being so hungry. Not sure if it is ovulation hormones or the weight lifting or what. Today seems a little better already, but we will see as the day goes on.
So of course, the scale is still up, I had gotten up to 182 yesterday, but today am at 181. My low last week was 178, so 4 pounds in a couple days. Part of the culprit of that I know is ovulation, I always blip up a little with that, part of it is the extra calories, part of it is sore muscles, but I think the biggest part is the veggie lasagne I made on Monday. Sounds healthy right? lots of Mushrooms, spinach, low fat cheese, minimal noodles. Well, I got it all prepared and was baking it when I put it into the nutritional analyzer to find out the sodium was through the roof! Just between the jarred sauce and the cheeses, yikes! But I was not about to not eat it and we have eaten it for two nights, so that has not helped. Both days I have been 1,000mg or more over the rda. There is one piece left and DH will definitely be eating that!!! Live and learn. No veggie lasagne until I hit maintenance.
So, I have been doing the best I can, I refuse to give up and am trying to focus on how I am reshaping my body rather than what the scale says. Example: I had long johns on under my jeans for the fb game last night and the jeans were falling off me even with the long johns underneath so something good is happening, I just have to focus on that.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #75  

Happy Birthday Still!!! Hope it is (was) a good one!
Closed Thread