Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #1  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

Default What's your (th)inspiration?

I was wondering if you have a particular celebrity, model, or maybe a friend or family member that really inspires you?

My brother inspired me to begin this journey; and not by telling me I was fat (like my a**hole ex bf who never inspired me to do anything but eat more) but by beginning his own journey. We have had unique journeys, but have been able to run a full marathon together and hoping to do that again keeps me going.

Thanks for all the miles and cheers to many more!

I'm also inspired by celebrities that are not stick-thin, but are still beautiful and look healthy. Two who really inspire me and who I'd love to look like are Scarlett Johansson and Drew Barrymore. Both are feminine and curvy with figures that I could realistically achieve. I find it discouraging to see really thin celebrities and models because the average woman can never achieve that appearance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scar.jpg (24.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg drew.jpg (29.0 KB, 67 views)
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I thought "thinspiration" was a term used primarily by people with eating disorders?

Agreed on preferring celebs with curvier figures, although the rate at which celebrities are expected to be super-thin these days has kind of turned me off using any of them as inspiration. I'm shooting for what I looked like before I put on the weight a few years ago, and which I wish I'd appreciated a bit more at the time. Somewhere I saw a cartoon which said, "I wish I was as thin as I was when I thought I was fat!" which sums it up pretty nicely.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

In general, celebrities don't inspire me. They're not "real people" to me, because they have access to special things I could never get - personal chefs, trainers, etc. However, I do *admire* some celebrities - mostly the curvacious ones like Salma Hayek, Christina Hendricks ("Mad Men"), Kate Winslet... I consider these women to be beautiful and NOT stick thin, which I personally find very unattractive.

REAL PEOPLE - people right here on 3FC... THEY inspire me. I read their stories, I feel their pain, I laugh when they laugh & I sooo enjoy the maintaining posters!!! When I see someone who is around my height/weight/age losing or maintaining the weight - DOING IT! - I realize I can do it too. And that is what inspires me.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/152.4/130

Height: 5'6

Hmm, Demi Lovato! She is so beautiful and i'm pretty sure she is at my goal weight.
sparklemycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #5  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemycity View Post
Hmm, Demi Lovato! She is so beautiful and i'm pretty sure she is at my goal weight.
It's just too bad that she's struggled so much with eating disorders.

I agree that Scarlett and Drew are both beautiful. I also love Jessica Alba's body. She looks so toned and healthy.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #6  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I have zero interest in celebrities. I just...don't care, lol. I don't get why being in movies and stuff qualifies a person for the adoration of the masses. Many of them are beautiful people, but I don't look to any of them for inspiration on anything (unless they do something truly inspirational).

My current "thinspiration" (I also thought that particular word was associated with eating disorders, but I get your meaning) is actually myself, haha. I hope that doesn't sound too narcissistic. I am so proud of my body when I'm maintaining my goal weight (125-130lbs). I was always overweight and so I just assumed I was a big clunky awkward girl. But once I got to a healthy weight, I realized that I'm actually a fairly lithe and willowy person. I don't have a beautiful hourglass or impressive tatas or a juicy bum or anything. My body type is long and slender. I have long legs and arms and feel graceful and light at goal weight.

I'm hoping to get back to it in a few weeks. I'm not too far above my goal weight (I was actually 132.4 this morning!), but there is a very significant and noticeable difference in my body, my tummy, my face, how my clothes fit, and how I feel at the 130lb point.

So here's me at my goal weight. For once I accepted what my body was, and I learned to love what was beautiful about it, learned to live with the flaws, and realized that some of the things that I considered flaws weren't flaws at all.

(These are silly photos...I had to take pictures to show my friend the dress I got for the military ball. I loved this dress, and these are unfortunately the only full shots of it I have.)

mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

There was this girl Alexandra on America's Next Top Model a couple seasons back, she was the "plus size" model of the season, but she was so toned and healthy! I think she was a size 10. She looked amazing. I'm never going to be super skinny with my build and height, but I'm not aiming for super skinny, I just want to be a healthy weight, feel comfortable in my skin and be toned and fit. I also think Liv Tyler is beautiful. She's also quite tall and statuesque

I found an image from her on America's Next Top Model:

I also think Crystal Renn is so stunning! She's a plus size model, but in the real world she is not what you would call plus size. She's at a normal and healthy weight for her height.

Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #8  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

j-woww. i'm a total fan of her body.. i guess that sounds weird to say.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. She at least had a bit of muscle tone back then.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Not a celebrity, but my inspiration is my size 6 jeans. I was the thinnest I've ever been when I was able to wear them, and I felt great. Now, when I want to snack, I think, "What do I want more, this food or to slip into my size 6 jeans?" Then I picture myself putting them on and looking in the mirror at myself wearing them, and I imagine how that's going to feel. It's going to feel great!

My ultimate goal isn't size 6 jeans, but they're a good inspiration for now.
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/182.9/122

Height: 5'

This is a picture taken of me when I was 17, and I thought I was overweight then! I would love to have that nice curve in my waist/hips again, and no muffin top to be seen! I didn't weigh myself back then, so I've just taken a stab in the dark with my goal weight - I really just want to look healthy.

Cheece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #12  

Didn't Chrystal Renn lose a bunch of weight now? I remember reading about it somewhere.. She's cute any way so I'm just wondering? I love Bar Rafaeli. I don't really understand why she is so famous. I guess because of DiCaprio.. She has that 'girl next door' look, super sweet and cute, but very athletic and healthy. Its just a vibe I get from her pictures. I want to feel like that
I have the hair, the height, maybe even the face.. But the legs.. Need to work on that!
Do u guys think shes to thin? Because.. I don't..

khat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #13  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Hilary Duff! She got reallllly skinny when she turned 18, but she has found the happy balance with what she eats, and exercise! I think im border line obsessed with her. haha

If you went through my computer and found ALL the pictures I have of her you would think I'm a stalker or something. Not to mention the Posters I still have of her from when I was younger Eeep!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg intoduction.jpeg (54.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg hilary-duff-maxim.jpg (23.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 13.jpg (19.0 KB, 28 views)
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #14  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Crystal Renn did lose some weight, but not a bunch. She went from a 12/14 to an 8/10. She's still considered a Plus Size model at this point.

I don't know what my inspiration is anymore...Just to be happy with my body I guess? My goal size was 6 and I'm fitting into 6s now. I'm still not happy though.

My stomach is a diaster at this point I know it'll never be perfect, but something close would be nice.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

I love thinspo threads!!! My thinspiration people are ALWAYS shorter people (Not super model tall!). I am 5ft tall and I feel the way they look is more "realistic" for me.

First, is Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood (Anna Paquin) I think she has a super cute healthy looking body. She's not overly muscular but she's not flabby. She just looks so compact and cute. My ultimate goal would be to look as good as her in her "waitress" outfit!! Plus I love the way her character dresses. So feminine in flower print dresses,etc. And I am jealous of her tiny ta ta's. I've always been DD cup but I hope when I get down to my ultimate goal weight I'll have small boobs, too.

Second, is Hayden panettiere! She's 5 ft 2" I think! I love her body!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sookie_stackhouse-6318.jpg (22.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg true_blood_finale_SookieGraveyard4.jpg (26.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg hayden.jpg (23.6 KB, 25 views)
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote