Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 194/194/169

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcar150 View Post
Now if someone asks me how much more I want to lose, I just say, "Whatever gets me into a size 6."
I've actually never really been that big on the number just because I tend to carry a lot of muscle weight. I personally would just like to get to a point where I don't jiggle so much .
toraziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #17  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Ditto everyone else. Plus, and I say this from experience, it comes with the height. Losing 100 pounds at your height looks different than on someone smaller, and people often don't understand that.
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #18  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLess View Post
I never told anyone except my husband that I wanted to lose more than 100 lbs. It's really no one else's business.
I agree. It's your own personal choice. Go for goal!!!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 259/227/175

Height: 5"10

If anyone asks me, i just say what size im looking to get down to, that makes it easier for people to visualise.
chazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I understand being frustrated when people insinuate that you will be underweight. That irritates me too. Like I'm not smart enough to figure out what a healthy weight is for me.

On the other side of things, I do take it as a compliment when people say things like, "you're perfect the way you are" or "you don't need to lose that much!" I know they're wrong, but it's better than someone saying "You're right, you DO need to lose 100 lbs" or "You'd look much better if you lost weight". Just take it as a compliment, smile, and move on! Everyday here at 3fc we encourage people to love themselves just as they are. Why should we get irritated when other people do the same?
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

I find this subject interesting on so many levels.

I have had the question asked of me...

"You look like you have lost weight, are you ill?" ( I was in shock on that one)
" You look like you have lost weight" ( Well, no sh_t...losing 65 plus pounds better make me look like I lost weight.
" It looks like a group of homeless people moved out of your back end" ( This one was from a supposedly supportive family member.

Ok...now this one really got me... " How much weight have you lost and how long did it take you?" I said" I have lost 66 lbs. in a little more than 6 months" ...the comment I got back was " Well if you want to really lose weight let me tell you what you should do...buy my product etc."

I almost feel that I don't want anyone asking me or telling me anything unless I ask them for input. For some reason, it just gets me upset.

I really liked some of the suggestions everyone head here. I am going to use them.
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote