Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 05:29 PM   #76  

Smile Hello Group

good afternoon,
I just want to let everyone know what I am doing right now. Last week in my local paper there was a weight loss artcle that I had to read.
The first pharagragh caught my attention, It says: (It's "Way Cool" to be fit and healthy,but the reality is that most people who begin a weight loss or fitness program revert back to their old lifestyle habits within a few weeks.) Well this caught my attention alright. It is how the last 14 1/2 years have been like for me.
Well the article if from the American Heart Association, Here in the Western States are promoting the Weigh Cool weight loss and fitness program, Cool name.
So I went to the web site at the end of the article and was surprised that they are giving this info away for free, I love free. They are giving away a book called Walk Yourself Thin and the Weigh Cool eating plan you can save. I thought Way cool..LOL.... I clicked on the Weigh cool link and then for the book and 2 days later it was here, check this out it was the same day Oprah had her weight loss show with the people who lost alot of weight. Now how motivating is that!
This book is great, It has me moving. Today is the third day that I have walked 1/2 hr in a row. You have to understand that since this year has started I have not done anything 2 days straight yet, so I am excited.
To make a long story short I am only going to do one thing at a time and that is to walk everyday, and finish reading his book. He talks right to you. It is a good read, and it is free...LOL.
Here is the web site if any one is interested in checking it out.
www.heartsource.org
I plan on walking steady for one month if I can make it I will check out the Weigh Cool Plan. For me to try to do both will be overwelming and I want to suceed this time I realy do with all my heart.
So sorry this is so long but I just had to share this with you all. If any of you do check it out, let me know what you think. If we can just set our minds to good health we can do anything. Debbie
Old 02-13-2003, 09:31 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Debbie - YEAH for walking.... that is terrific.... I am so happy that you have that motivation going.... that oprah show was pretty darn inspiring wasnt it????

Well it is 9:30 and I am about to head to bed (basically to prevent myself from eating!!!) My dinner was about 650 calories (TOO Much!!!!) My calorie intake ended up being about 1628 calories... still trying to get down to 1200 calories but that is really hard especially with how many calories i am burning.... I had 14 glasses of water today.... no soda, no sweet tea (YEAH!!!!).... Today I burned a total of 1504 calories in exercise.... so with my bmr I ended up with a total deficit for the day of 2054.... and I walked right at 25,000 steps.... so I was in the right direction.... if I can just get the eating going....

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great.... I am now off to bed to prevent myself from blowing a really good day!!!!

Last edited by Angel26519; 02-13-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #78  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is feeling the LOVE!!!

DH and I are getting ready for our annual Valentines Day O Fun! Every year on the week of Valentines Day the St. Louis Boat show is in town. So, we always take this friday off and go to the boat show, go gambling at Harrah's, and then out on the town. We've got a room at the Holiday Inn and we are ready for fun! My brother and sister in law are going with us. Last year he won 18,000. dollars! Man was that exciting.

So, my goal for today is to not go overboard eating while we are out. I do soooo good during the week, and then blow it on the weekend. We also have a NASCAR (that's racing for you that don't know) party on Sunday. You know the kind...beer, snack where the main ingredient is cheese. Say a prayer for me.

Debbie, that web site sounds great and I plan to check into it when I get some time.

Angel, show yourself some love today! You did good yesterday and today can be a success, too!

Beth, where in Illinois are you? I am down by St. Louis.

Well, EVERYONE have a good day and stick to your program. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Boating
Old 02-14-2003, 03:21 PM   #79  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, I hope everyone has a great day. My day is going ok, well it is that TOM so I am doing as good as can be expected.

well does anyone have any challenges this weekend.

Saturday is my sons birthday party I will have a piece of cake but it will be small. and I so love cake and the frosting. And Sunday my mom and myself are taking my daughter to the movies and I do love popcorn ( without butter). I am going to make an effort to watch how much I eat though.

bev
Old 02-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #80  

Hey Everybody!!!! I do so hope everyone is doing well....

Today is Valentine's Day- A dieters nightmare.... so far I have done pretty good... no candy or anything.... of course I have been hiding in the house....

Boating you sound like you are going to have a marvelous time!!!! Lucky, lucky you!!!! Have fun!!!!

Bev- Enduldge in the little piece and then be so pruod of your self control.... which movie are you going to see??? I went and saw "how to lose a guy in 10 days" flick and that was really funny... I dont know how old your daughter is... there is some sexual indo in there although no nudity and I dont even remember cussing.... Have fun!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #81  

Hello Everyone....

Well it is a wet, cool sunday morning here in Georgia. I am not a fan of cold weather although I am hoping it stays cooler for awhile longer. I am hoping to have the pansies at my reception site stay for my wedding.....

Anyway, I have 11 weeks from yesterday till the BIG Day... panic sets in on a regular basis. I am the gun shy one. I am trying real hard to become recommited to all of this.... although it is so frustrating for me... I have gotten my neighbor to walk with me in the afternoon just recently and she has already lost 5 pounds and that is all she does....meanwhile I am in the gym for 2 hours a day and walking with her and everything else and I dont lose hardly anything.... I know that alot of my problems are hormonally related and that people lose weight at a different pace but still... it is hard to know that I am trying so hard and just not getting very far.... oh well.... now my pity party is over....

How is everyone else faring????? I have a goal this week of losing 3#'s this week. I have a business meeting out of town Thursday-Sunday this week. As a reward from my company since I will not be golfing they are giving me a massage and a facial.... YEAH!!!! I just oh so love to be pampered.... so I want to feel like I have earned it.... so this week I am going to do (1) my gym time everymorning, (2) drink at least 10 glasses everyday, (3) go to yoga monday night, (4) walk everyday with Judy, and (5) try to do an additional 1-3 miles on the treadmill.... and finally try real hard not to get on the scale everyday.,.... I can do this....

Debbie - How are you doing? Are you still walking??? We are routing for you!!!!!

Boating - How was your weekend? We are all jealous!!!! We hope you are relxed and ready to be back on track.....

Bev- How was the birthday and the movie? Did you have a great weekend? Were you able to have just one peice of cake?

Beth - How was your Valentine's Day? Were you able to withstand all the temptations?

Winnie - How are you doing? How was your Valentine's Day?

Well I am off for now.... I know we can do this....76 days to go.... oh boy!!!!!!

Last edited by Angel26519; 02-16-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:22 PM   #82  

Hello all!

Angel it sounds like you really have a plan! I know you can do it! I know what you meant about being frustrated with the sloooow results. I have steadily lost at least a pound a week and one week 2 but I feel like I should being seeing more! But everyone has assured me that 1-2 a week is normal.

Boating I am in Kankakee Il. an hour south of Chicago. So quite a ways from you!

How is everyone else doin????

My valentine plans fell through. I could go on in to this but I have already vented at home and on my other two threads. I just need to let it go! It was not dh's fault though I will say that!

I have kept up with my exercise. As far as eating. Its been okay probably not as good as other weekends. I am looking to add some weights to my program. Does anyone know any good tapes to do at home? I wish I had time for the gym. But with dh and I schedule being so opposite its just not possible. So I need to find some alternatives. My goal this week is one not to weigh myself except on Thurs at TOPS! So that will be a hard one for me!

Good Luck this week Ladies!

Beth
Old 02-17-2003, 01:02 AM   #83  

Hey girls!
How's everyone doing?I hope all of you had a wonderful
weekend.I had a good weekend,went to the movies and to visit my aunt which just gave birth.he is so cute!I went back to the gym,I can't wait to weight my self in two weeks.Hopefully I'm a little lighter!well I have to go to bed,so I'll see you girls later!
Winnie
Old 02-17-2003, 08:26 AM   #84  

Good Morning All!!!

It is going to be a great Monday!!!! I am trying hard to think positively!!! My kids have the day off school which means that working is going to be real hard for me because they like to interupt me every 5 minutes......

I woke up at 5:20 this morning and was at the gym right when they opened at 6:00 Yeah for me... lately I am starting my days late.... I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, then my upper body workout (lifted a total of 15,630#'s - gotta love those little machines that register everything!) then did another 45 min on the elliptical....

I did end up weighing myself this morning just so that I know were I am starting from (AGAIN!) I am back at 206# although I do feel bloated today so I think some of that is water... oh well the next time I weigh and the water is gone i will feel like I have accomplished a whole bunch!!!! (Thinking positive again!!!!)

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great and has a wonderful President's Day!!!! I hope all the snow has not got you barried up north there.... gotta love the south for something!!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:03 PM   #85  
Bev

Hi everyone, well I did pretty good with the birthday party did have a piece of cake but I made sure all of the cake was gone when everyone left. We didn;t make it to the movies because we had a bad ice/snow storm. Well I did pretty good today with my diet plan. I follow food exchanges and did pretty well with it. i even was able to exercise for alittle bit even with the kids home from school.

well everyone take care
bev
Old 02-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #86  

Way To Go Bev.... you are in the thought process of success... that is great!!!!

Well, as usual exercise went well for me, food still a little of a challenge.... I honestly think I would be willing to workout 5 hours a day to eat what I want.... anyway I did do pretty good... when the late night munchies hit instead of eating choc chip cookies I had a piece of raisin bread with alittle bit of peanut butter. So at least was a little bit healthy.

Anyway, I have lots to do in the next two days - I will be out of town thursday-sunday for work and there is so much to do between now and then.

I hope all is well with everyone. I will chat later.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #87  

Just a quick Hi! How is everyone doing? Seems like we are all getting so busy. Hope thats a good thing. I don't know about you but sometimes it helps take my mind off what I should not be eating.

I exerecised twice yesterday and that made me feel good. I definately feel like maybe I am toning up some. I really want to start doing some toning tapes. So that is my goal this week.

Well I need to keep this short. The construction men should be here soon and I still have not even got dressed!

Good Luck today Ladies!

Beth
Old 02-19-2003, 12:30 PM   #88  

Beth - Yeah for working out twice! I know that it makes you feel really proud of yourself when you do that.

I did pretty good yesterday. One thing that i did yesterday that I was really proud of myself for is while watching TV Last night I did callastinics(?). Just simpple things like leg lifts of different kinds, stretches, etc. and even though I have been going to the gym religiously lately I still feel them this morning.... and it was really easy. I didnt even think about them...

Anyway, maybe someone else can do that also... I see it as every little bit helps.....

I am off... Talk to you soon.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:29 PM   #89  

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to post a quick goodbye... I will be off early in the am and wont be able to post until Sunday Evening....

I am expecting you guys to continue to post and support each other.... think of me often and continue on the right path....

Be Good - or at least be good at it...
Old 02-20-2003, 10:13 AM   #90  
Bev

Hi everyone,

well I have been doing pretty good this week with exercise and eatting. I just wish i didn;t crave junk food so much. The good thing is that I was able to control my cravings so I didn;t have any. I try not to eat 2 hours before bed so that has helped some also.

angel- be safe in your travels with your job. I wish I could workout as much as you. Working out is something I do because I have to not because I love doing it.

Beth- what kind of toning tapes do you use? That is something I really need to start doing.

well everyone have a good day

bev
Closed Thread