Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #16  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I do the same as Kelly using fitday. My charts aren't quite as nifty, but the daily tracking actually makes me less obsessive. However, it is so defeating to record gains, so I try not to. If the gain goes beyond one week, I will, but if it's a daily gain, I just don't record until I have another loss. So, my graph has a lot of stalls and whooshes on it.

For some reason I am fascinated at the idea that I can go to bed at one weight, do nothing but sleep and lay in bed and get up at a lower one. It is purely "fun" for me, but probably once or twice a week (especially if I am going through a whoosh), I will get on the scale right before bed and then weigh again in the morning. I don't put any stock in the night weight, though.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #17  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

i weigh myself in the morning, right after waking up.

As long as I am on plan....I don't fear the scale! I've only seen it go up once, and that was period bloating. Sometimes it platues for days and days, but if you are eating right and staying on track...the scale will show it.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #18  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I weigh myself daily, even when I get my period. I weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. Seeing a small gain here and there doesn't bother me since learning about water weight. It's steadily going down and that makes me happy i think I'll be a daily weigher when I hit maintenance, too. That way I can nip weight gains in the bud and keep myself accountable.

Last edited by shishkeberry; 07-27-2011 at 10:07 AM.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #19  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

I weigh in once a week, on Friday's in the morning before breakfast. I started my diet and exercise program on a Friday so that is what I go with. I do usually step on the scale one other time during the week just to see whats going on. I think stepping on the scale multiple times a day isn't going to help you any but drive you up the walk, your weight goes up and down all day as you eat, drink, exercise, etc.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 8"

Weigh as often or as little as you like.

I officially weigh first thing in the morning, and I chart that weight for the day. Weighing daily I can look back at fluctuations over time and when I see that I have not lost for 8 days in a row I can look back and see how when that has happened in the past, it was followed by a BIG woosh. I will at other times through out the day hop on the scale to see what it says...almost like a sciene experiment. Ahhhhh, I exercised and X happened. Oh I drank alot and X happened. I went to the bathroom and X happened.

Last edited by envelope; 07-27-2011 at 10:43 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

I weigh in one day a week because I couldn't stand the daily fluctuations. It would drive me absolutely crazy! So I weigh before breakfast first thing on Friday mornings. It's whatever you're comfortable with!
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I'm using FitDay PC, which is fun but has its quirks. There are loads of programmes out there which will do this sort of weight graph, a simple spreadsheet could do it. One I know of which is free is the weight loss tracker on Medhelp.org. You can track weight, calories consumed, it calculates your BMI in a graph too, and you can easily mark periods, parties or other events so that you can see them at a glance on the chart, as well as keeping track of measurements, sports and so forth. I'm filling it in out of curiosity, and I might post a screenshot if I end up doing a page's worth.

Last edited by Esofia; 07-27-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #23  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

There are lots of great tracking apps for smart phones as well. I use calorie counter. It tracks foon weight calories exercize everything and even has the scanner so I can scan food right when I have it so I don't forget to do it at home on the comp!!!! I love smart phones.
I am a little obsessed with weighing myself. I weigh every mourning after I pee, and I like too see what does what. It makes me think about my actions.... like everytime I exercize I gain like 3lbs. Then about an hour later it is mostly gone!.. it don't stress me out I feel as thow it teaches me because I am food dumb! Lol I was raised to be fat and I truely have had to learn what healthy means.. my mom thinks she eats health with fried chicken potatoe grave and buttered beans... ..
Do what feels best to you. ...... . But if you are too stressed about numbers or sizes or anything it will hinder your success.
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:15 AM   #24  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I used to weigh myself multiple times a day too and found I was getting kinda obsessed about it too. What has helped me is to use a scale other than my own, I actually got rid of my own scale. I use a doctor's scale or the YMCA scale. Maybe if you use a gym scale (if you belong to a gym) it will help you to weigh less, you're probably not likely to go over there multiple times a day to weigh yourself. When you weigh yourself more than once a day, it is counter productive because there are fluctuations in the day like water weight, what you ate, etc. Don't forget measurements too!

Good luck.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #25  
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Height: 5'10"

I don't belong to a gym, I own a treadmill and I have a pool where I live. I also own the whole P90 series all the way to P90x, that way I can do this all on my own and on my own time.
SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote