Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Weighing yourself

How do you stop yourself from looking at the scale. It's been TOM this week, so I said I wouldn't look, but I have. I haven't lost much all week, then this morning I got on the scale and it said 240, Yesterday it said 244. When I got home from school I weighed myself again and it was 243. I was like WHAT! but then I am like I can't get discouraged about a number in the middle of the day. I need to stop looking all the time at the scale.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #2  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Your weight fluctuates during the day due to food and drinking, so don't be discouraged by a sudden 3-4lb gain after a morning weigh in! I try to just not look at the scale much during TOM. I have my mom hide it from me.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Tom/Scale

I know I need to have my fiance hide my scale during TOM too. I feel like I could go crazy with out it. It's bad I am so obsessed with it. I do agree I need to work on that though. I had a great first week. I lost 6 lbs in 8 days, but It was the first week of eating healthy again, and I worked out alot. It's been TOM this past week, and even though I have been good about what I eat, I having been doing as much exercise. I am down about 1 lbs this week. But I am just trying to keep in mind that during TOM I also retain water, for all I know once it's over I could drop 2 or 3lbs easy as cake lol.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Allow yourself only to weigh yourself once a day at the same time unless you are positive that whatever the number you see will not affect your mood. It helps me to weigh right when I wake up in the morning and after I have peed. I feel I am at my lightest weight then
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm with collegegirl - I do weigh myself during TOM, but I recognize that I'm probably going to gain a few lbs. I try not to freak out as long as it's not more than 3, and I use the weighing everyday to keep me from binging.
I only weigh myself first thing in the morning after I've gone to the bathroom, otherwise I'm just weighing me and the food & water that I've consumed.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #6  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhm0711 View Post
I know I need to have my fiance hide my scale during TOM too. I feel like I could go crazy with out it. It's bad I am so obsessed with it. I do agree I need to work on that though. I had a great first week. I lost 6 lbs in 8 days, but It was the first week of eating healthy again, and I worked out alot. It's been TOM this past week, and even though I have been good about what I eat, I having been doing as much exercise. I am down about 1 lbs this week. But I am just trying to keep in mind that during TOM I also retain water, for all I know once it's over I could drop 2 or 3lbs easy as cake lol.
lol we both have the same additiction...i now weigh myself once a day but only in the morning after i wake up and pee i find im the lightest.. dont weight yourself after because you eat and drink and you wont be the same weight..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

Yes, it's really best to weigh yourself in the morning only, prior to eating. When I worked as a car staff in a group home, the monthly weights we conducted were to be done in this manner, and this manner only.
Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2

i literally put the scale away, im not compulsive about but when it was out (in my kitchen of all places) i would weigh everyday.... i weight myself once a week on friday mornings... first thing, in a tshirt and undies! i do this to keep on track but i know daily gains etc would drive me crazy-- good luck!
segras04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #9  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

I used to weight myself at least 10 times a day... I decided that for my sanity I should put it away, and in doing so I don't even think about weighing until my weigh in day. It's very beneficial to me to do it this way because I was getting really discouraged with the numbers I'd see on a day-to-day basis. Keep up the great work Kayhm0711!!

Last edited by cormandy62442; 11-17-2009 at 08:03 PM.
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I was weighing myself 2 or 3 times a day for awhile... I have since put the scale under the bathroom sink. Most mornings I still get it out & weigh . But I've gotten pretty good at not letting it get to me :]. I think that's the trick.. to understand that your weight can fluctuate because of so many things and that you don't need to necessarily stop weighing all together, but maybe just weigh once a day (same time every day is what I do) & know before you step on the scale that a number means nothing.

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 11-17-2009 at 08:46 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/203/175

Height: 5'6"

I only weigh myself once a week. As everyone else has said, your daily fluctuations are too erratic to get good information weighing yourself too often. I used to weigh myself on the weekend, then have a lousy weekend because the weight is coming off soooooooo slowly - I've started weighing on Monday morning now.
Supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I only consider something my "weight" after my Wednesday morning weigh ins. Unless I had a particularly bad Tuesday, I refuse to let any number between those official weigh-in count.

Instead, I play scale games. How much I lose by going pee. How much my weight changes between morning and evening. How much different clothing items weigh. Making it an experiment helps me not freak out when the numbers get high, but it give me a range to focus on. I know its normal for me to weigh 4lbs. more at the end of a day or 3lbs more if I'm wearing jeans. I figure knowing these things will help me when away from my own scale.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #13  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

^^ I do the same thing. Im trying not to be afraid of the scale so I weigh myself with different factors to see the difference. The only thing is I havent really figured out the whole TOM thing. Im not for sure if its the week before I start gaining or if right before. I know I always lose the weight the day after I end but Im not for sure when the weight gain starts. Ive put one two random pounds since Sunday so Im thinking Im a week beforer since Im suppose to start next wk. I hate going up in pounds its so discouraging but Ive been keeping up with my workouts in hopes that I will see some results next wk...but then its Thanksgiving.....ughhhhh. But I do weigh myself every day after a nights sleep. I dont weigh anymore during the day unless I work out and want to see a good weight...lol!!
bablou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #14  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I have not figured out how to stop looking at the scale. I'm supposed to be maintaining right now, but I still haven't gotten over the feeling of happiness if I see a loss or disappointment if I don't. I'm not restricting my calories but I'm not eating more than I'm hungry for even if that's below 2000.

The way I'm trying to deal with it is to really pour my energy into non-weight related goals, so that I'm less concerned with seeing the number and more concerned with doing a pull up or seeing my abs. And yet, I can't shake it. When I got to 140, I thought I should get to 135 just so I could be sure I wouldn't go above 140, and now that I'm at 135 and naturally fluctuating lower on some days, 129 seems so close that to be in the 120s is so tempting. But I'm sure if I got there, I'd aim for 125 just to be sure I wouldn't fluctuate above 130. And then 119 would seem tantalizingly close. And on and on and on.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/200.5/185

Height: 5'3

I have my husband hide our scale. lol

That is the only way I can keep from looking at it every 15 minutes...lol
mamabekki06 is offline   Reply With Quote