Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/187/163

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Hump

Hey guys, I've posted a few times, know I've had some really helpful responses previously.

I've now been losing weight consistently (slowly) for 3 years. I've hit the wall.

The way I tend to lose weight is that I go off the boil for a while, realise I haven't tracked my progress for a few weeks, then get back into the swing of it.
I moved out of my parents' place last September and since then have lost around 15lbs. I'd say the first 7 or 8 came off before Xmas, then there was a lull, and the next 7 or 8 came off between March and June.

I re-joined a gym about 8 weeks ago, got weighed in, been really focusing on my diet and exercise, and then weighed myself on Saturday and I've put on like 4lbs since joining the gym.
I guess I could be retaining water and stuff (currently TOM) but I'm just a bit de-motivated.
I'm scared to go too far off the boil at the moment, as I know that the closer you are to your target, the harder it is to lose and I know it needs some serious concentration.

My eating habits have been a little skewed in the past 10 days due to emotional (& financial) issues.

I wanted to lose the rest of my weight (over 20lbs) by easter next year, but I think partly giving myself a target is putting too much subconscious pressure on myself. I've averaged 20lbs a year since I started losing.
I'm also feeling a little flat about it because I'm actually almost happy with my figure, but I know I'm still a little way off target, and I still do want to get down at least another stone (14lbs) if not to my original target (24lbs away).

I'm fairly busy socially (for the next week especially it seems) and I'm starting a new job next week, so I'm not able to give salads and spin classes my full attention.

Other than exercise more and eat less... has anyone got any constructive tips to help me kickstart the last push?

Last edited by BetterLikeMel; 07-25-2011 at 08:22 AM.
BetterLikeMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Have you planned what you are going to eat for lunch when you start your new job? I am starting a new job in Aug. and I have already started to think about healthy option to pack to help keep me on plan. Not only does packing my lunch help with staying on plan, but it also helps financially. You might even want to keep some healthy snack choices in your desk.

You can also make healthy choices while out socially, it is a choice. I frequently eat before going out, and then just sip on a drink, it saves cals and saves financially too.

Do you have a car? I keep healthy snacks in my car, so I am less tempted to eat out...again saving cals and finances.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote