Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Quiz for the day:

Guess who came home from taking their kiddos to school, had to take a "bathroom break," saw 199 on the scales, then did a happy dance in the bathroom?!?!?
Diana,

A HUGE Congratulations!!: sunny:

Larry,
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #152  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Vixsin Way to go on being binge free for 200 days!

Stacygee woohoo on sticking to your plan and taking a break from teh trainer. But, to be fair to him, you could let him know so he could do something else or help someone else.

For me, guess what I just learned after noticing a difference in my feet? Dry cracking feet can be a sign of hypothyroidism. I've had the WORST feet for eons. Every time I showered, I would have to scrape off dead skin, loads of it and I never got rid of all the dry, dead skin, and I was beginning to get cracks. Now, with doing NOTHING - no creams, no scrubbing, just showering and toweling off, my feet are now soft and supple like they haven't been in over a decade. Wish I would have known!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #153  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Quick check-in. I just finished watching Survivor and now I need to get to bed.

Zoodoo I am sorry to hear that those kids said that to you today. Yes, they are just kids, but still, it's night right.

Diana(LA) Again, congrats on Onederland!

Total Approx 1440 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Pump, Jump, 'n Jab w/#5
Crunchless Xtreme Abs
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #154  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
I'm so mad!

We're finally having some spring weather here. I went out on a walk and was so excited to be out and about and seeing the buds on the trees and bushes. And then, on my way back, some kids yelled at me, "You're fat!" A few times. I actually turned back to go say something to them, but I couldn't figure out where they were.

So annoying. I know they're just stupid kids, and it's not like they're saying something I don't know, but it's still not pleasant.
I'm sorry that happened, but glad you can put a proper perspective on it. What would have been bad is if it would have made you stay inside and hide. How else will get "not fat"? Moving makes you slimmer and fitter.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Great Day today!! I had an appointment with my heart surgeon and he says I am doing great!! I am way ahead of the normal recovery curve!!

Today was the 5th consecutive day that I have been on plan with my sodium!!

*** Meal Data for 4/27/2011 *** Total Calories 1346 -- Sodium 1177.48 mg

Breakfast Egg Beaters = 3 egg 90 calories & 345 mg sodium
Breakfast Nature's Own 100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread Sugar Free 2 Slices 100 calories & 240 mg sodium
Breakfast I Can't Beleive It's Not Butter Fat Free (2tbsp) 10 calories & 180 mg sodium
Breakfast Onions, raw (1/8 cup, chopped) 8 calories & 0.6 mg sodium

Lunch Wylwood Canned Turnip Greens (1 and 1/2 cup) 88 calories & 52.5 mg sodium
Lunch Baked potato, flesh and skin, w/o salt (3/4 med potato) 120 calories & 12.94 mg sodium
Lunch Frozen Turkey Burger Patty (2) 320 calories & 170 mg sodium

Aft. Snack Oranges, raw, navels (2 fruits) 138 calories & 2.8 mg sodium

Dinner Publix Enriched Long Grain White Rice (1 cup) 320 calories & 10 mg sodium
Dinner Chicken, breast, meat only, roasted, broiler/fryer (1/2 breast - 86g) 142 calories & 63.64 mg sodium
Dinner Ocean Spray Diet Grape 16 oz 10 calories & 100 mg sodium

Excercise was about 3/4 mile walk. I had to be careful to not overdo as it was 94 degrees today and humid.

Larry,
Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #156  

DianaLa!!! for Onderland today and many more!

Zoodoo, sorry those kids said that to you! Kids and old people just don't have the social cues they are supposed to, which reminds me of something that happened to me yesterday that I forgot to tell you guys...

I was already having a rough day yesterday, heck, a rough weekend, week whatever you want to call it. Well, I was still going through the motions of the day and was hurrying out of the grocery store, trying not to be late picking my kids up from school. Pushing my cart, I was walking fast, and passed an elderly man and he said "someone's in a hurry". I just smiled and kept going. I stopped by the cart corral, was taking my bags out of the cart when the guy turns back around and asks me if it is more comfortable to go without a bra when I am rushing around like I was? WTH? I was dumbfounded, first because I WAS wearing a bra and second I couldn't believe someone would say something like that even if I wasn't?????? If looks could kill that man would have melted into a puddle on the pavement. I just walked away and he said "I didn't mean anything bad by that". Yeah, whatever. I went home and looked in the mirror at the girls and thought they looked pretty normal to me. I wasn't wearing my best bra, but certainly I didn't look braless!!!!!!! I was ticked off. How dare he? If I ever run into that guy again I might deck him. He must be demented or something to think he could say something like that to a complete stranger.

So, see Zoodoo, it could be worse, much, much worse!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #157  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

S/C/G: 160/158/130or9-10inPants

Height: 5'4

do diets allow for deaths in the family? 4/25 all i ate was 2 slices of pizza then on 4/26 when my grandpa passed away i had frosted flakes, 2 slices of pizza and then chicken tender combo at O'Charleys.

I also weighed myself at my grandmas and both days (above) i was 161 and then back at home today im 158, so im maintaining between 158-161. Im late for TOM so i was thinking the fluctuation was because of that perhaps?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Gaining - Congrats!!!!! Like I've said before, I think you should change your username to "Losing." Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Vixsin - That's amazing!!! I wish I had your willpower! You're AWESOME girlie!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #160  
Melissa

Oh man, tomorrow's weigh in is going to STINK. We had homemade fajitas tonight for dinner (grilled chicken, grilled red and green peppers and onions and homemade salsa). It was sooooo yummy and it's so good for me, but a bit higher in sodium and now, when i stepped on the scale - I weigh FOUR pounds more than I did this morning. That's not looking like it will be a good weigh in in some 7 hours, argh! I know it's only water weight, but wow... just WOW!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Berry- I told him I was taking a break...it didn't go well... very awkward. I felt like I was hurting his feelings or something. I actually wanted to take longer off- but instead I am just taking the rest of this week and then we'll decide next week when to work out together again. I guess I'll decrease to only two days a week for a while and go maybe justMonday and Wednesday with him.

Plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast: low carb tortilla, turkey sausage, cheese (
Lunch: ham, lettuce, wholly guacomole,greek yogurt
Dinner: two turkey patties and a salad
Calories are 1204 and it is the same meals I had today. I rally enjoyed them!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #162  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Stuck to my plan like glue today! and I burned more calories then I ate! YAH for me. I cancelled my training session so I can do yoga. That didn't go over very well... hopefully the awkwardness will go away. But I am excited to do some yoga. I have to do cardio right after though. I didn't anticipate that but my first grader is in a school program tomorrow night so I can't go to spin.

THanks for all of your support... it feels great to be back on track.

I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!
((not that my 2 cents counts one way or the other, but still))

And, not that you need it, but I'm going to blow a little
................. .................
your way, just b/c I can! Keep up the AWESOME work!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #163  
~Krystal~

[QUOTE=jomatho;3826711]

I was already having a rough day yesterday, heck, a rough weekend, week whatever you want to call it. Well, I was still going through the motions of the day and was hurrying out of the grocery store, trying not to be late picking my kids up from school. Pushing my cart, I was walking fast, and passed an elderly man and he said "someone's in a hurry". I just smiled and kept going. I stopped by the cart corral, was taking my bags out of the cart when the guy turns back around and asks me if it is more comfortable to go without a bra when I am rushing around like I was? WTH? I was dumbfounded, first because I WAS wearing a bra and second I couldn't believe someone would say something like that even if I wasn't?????? If looks could kill that man would have melted into a puddle on the pavement. I just walked away and he said "I didn't mean anything bad by that". Yeah, whatever. I went home and looked in the mirror at the girls and thought they looked pretty normal to me. I wasn't wearing my best bra, but certainly I didn't look braless!!!!!!! I was ticked off. How dare he? If I ever run into that guy again I might deck him. He must be demented or something to think he could say something like that to a complete stranger.

one word::

WOW
Old 04-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Staceygee and Zoodoo... Some strangers have no filter and say the most inappropriate things! Your stories actually reminded me of something that happened to me last week!

I wanted to lay out after class, but my dog had been in her crate all day (I can't have her by the pool). So, I decided to put on my suit and lay out in the park across the street, so I could just tie her to a tree and let her enjoy the outside. I was a LITTLE nervous laying out in that setting, but I'm from Florida where you can go to the grocery in a bathing suit, so I didn't worry too much.

Anyways, clouds started to cover up the sun, but I stayed out because I wanted to finish a chapter in the book I was reading. Then... this COMPLETE stranger driving along the nearby street stopped her car, rolled down the window, and yelled "The sun isn't even out, you wh*re!"

... I was initially embarrassed but got a laugh out of it soon enough. Just ignore the strange, sad people who say inappropriate and hurtful things!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #165  
~Krystal~

I don't know if I had an OP day or not--that is "on plan, right?" Anyway, the hamstring injury coupled with SEVERE weather
and NOT being able to do anything but stay glued to the weather report had me HUNGRY!!! I am not usually this hungry
unless TOM sends that cRAVEN bird my way!

MN-7a: --
7a-NOON: Greek Yogurt w/almonds, Turkey/cheese omelet 400
NOON-3p: BBQ turkey 1/2 baked potato,Vanilla Orange Crush, Popcorn, Pineapple 583
3p-7p: PowerBar Protein Plus 300
7p-MN: Turkey, Broccoli, Green beans 156
TOTAL: 1439

I woke up hungry, which is a little rare for me. I typically don't eat something substantial until after noon! Today,
I was completely unsatisfied even after eating from 7a-3:30p! So, I call my running friend, who I have shared
before looses MY weight while NOT trying!! Whereby, he suggested that I grab a PowerBar. I thought--
"why not, I've eaten everything else today!" OMG!!! After eating that bar, I was not just full, but I was NOT
hungry! I took a 5 hr nap and when I woke up at 9:30p, I was still not really too hungry, but I had calories
left, so I thought I'd up my caloric intake.

According to MFP, my BMR is 1379. I am unfamiliar completely on this # in relation to intake and exercise
expenditure. I have never had so many tools to help me loose a few pounds. (Geez) But, I like them.
Information is POWER!
If anyone has any light they'd like to share on how eating more food helps you to lose weight, I'm all ears!

No orchestrated exercise today, so when there was a break in the storms, I went to get a facial and to the
chiropractor. I can never exercise when I go see Brandon It will ruin everything he's adjusted!

Seriously, there is SO MUCH water here, I think the sky has none left to rain. So much flooding in our area
(south of Memphis in MS) and about 50-75 miles south of me. Every April, we have storms similar to these,
but NONE like this!
Closed Thread