Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #121  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Quiz for the day:

Guess who came home from taking their kiddos to school, had to take a "bathroom break," saw 199 on the scales, then did a happy dance in the bathroom?!?!?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #122  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Diana; Congrats!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

congrats Diana!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #124  
~Kim~

Hi Ladies!!

I'm back!!

I actually got back from Florida Sunday night, but I've been super busy since then and haven't had a chance to get online barely.

We had a great time at my mom's. It was really fun, and I have to admit I definitely enjoyed myself including food wise. I'm not upset with myself though. I didn't go crazy or anything and I am ALWAYS going to enjoy myself when I'm on vacation so no harm done.

I was so busy before I left and the one time I posted while I was gone that I forgot to mention that when my mid month weighin came around on the Friday before I left I was so busy getting ready to leave that I completely forgot to get on the scale. If I still wasn't sure if staying off the scale was having an effect on my obsession, that proved it! The scale has officially lost it's power over me, I know it for a fact now and I'm definitely happy that I now understand that it's a tool in my journey instead the focal point. So I decided to just keep waiting and I'll have gone a whole nother month once I do weigh on May 1st.

I hope everyone is doing well! It's way too much for me to try to go back and read what's been going on with everyone so I'll just hop back in starting now and hopefully figure things out on my own pretty quick. It's time for me to get back into the swing of things. I got off my IF cycle while I was gone and I want to get back on that, I also have been eating much MUCH more carbs then usual so I'm going to get that back down to where I want it. Exercise too of course. The only exercise I did while I was gone was playing with my daughter on the beach and in the pool.

I did notice your last post Gaining! Congratulations. I hope everyone else has been doing equally amazing!!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 04-27-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #125  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Quiz for the day:

Guess who came home from taking their kiddos to school, had to take a "bathroom break," saw 199 on the scales, then did a happy dance in the bathroom?!?!?

Congrats Diana!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #126  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

YAY DIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've saved you a seat. Right next to me!!!

I am down .2 to 197.2. My legs are really sore so I have my fingers crossed for a whoosh soon. Although I had a discussion with myself and we both agree that the scale could be really wonky for the next couple of weeks with me going back to running. I am making sure to stick to my plan to the letter with MINIMAL snacking so I am really trying to focus on feeling confident with my choices.

NSV for today: Today is Day 200 binge free for me!

Be back later for personals.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #127  
Diana

Thanks you guys!! You made me cry!!!!! (A good cry!! Happy tears!) I know it's a temporary visit to onederland because it's a morning weight, but it's just one step closer to being permanently in onederland! And after I'm permanently there, may I NEVER, EVER go back!!!! Couldn't be here without you guys! Thank you.....every ONE of you....for encouraging me to get here.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 04-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #128  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

As I'm watching lots of people struggling with the scale this week, I have to remind everyone, including myself, that you will retain more water when it's warm/hot. I don't know about all of you, but the AC is not on and it's warm inside. It's warm outside and so, I'm figuring my body is holding more fluids. Yep, just did the ring test - is your ring fitting tighter? If yes, it's not from too much sodium or MSG, it's that time of year our bodies try to hold more fluid to keep the core cooler. In fall/winter, we lose that water weight (and if you keep your house/work really cold with AC too, I suppose.

I'm with all of you in that I'm tired of the scale NOT MOVING, but I can explain it. I'm exercising 6 days a week, eating 1200-1400 calories a day and the scale is not moving - for almost 2 weeks. Why - my body doesn't drop weight from TTOM and ovulation (and I'm still pre-ovulation), the weather is heating up and I'm holding fluids from that, and lastly, I'm overdue for a bathroom break.

All to say, I'm up .2 today.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #129  
Diana

berryblondeboys, maybe not eating enough to keep up with your exercising, too? Maybe going into starvation-mode?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #130  
Diana

Vixsin, for 200 binge-free days!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #131  
CanadianVeggie

Hi Everyone

stacy - Enjoy your new food challenge, I know you can do it. Have fun at yoga

Lacey - 50cals per 1/4 cup is good for hummus, thanks for sharing the link to the recipe, I will def. give it a go! And great jon staying OP!

K9 - Tornado sirens?!?!? Wow that's scary, stay safe ok. And I know not seeing the scale move can be very discouraging, trust me... I know! But please don't let it get to you. Stay OP, drink your water and you WILL see that scale move.

Shells - You are doing so great!!! And nice work staying OP ven with TOM around!

Breanne - "My scale is on crack" hahaha I agree with Linds, stop weighing for awhile... we can get totally obsessed with what those numbers say on the scale but we forgot about all the NSV we have. And like you said you feel better, you look better and your clothes fit better, these are things that are def. something to feel good about

Hi Jillian, Linds, Kristina, Melissa, Diana, Surfer, Kim, Vixsin, Larry Have a good day peeps!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #132  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
NSV for today: Today is Day 200 binge free for me!
Awesome!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #133  

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
K9
Novelista You are being tested...

I agree Sum. Every single time I have tried to lose weight in the past, I get to 180 stall and give up. I really think I'm having a mental test to see if this time I'm really serious about it...which I totally am and will win this battle!!

CONGRATS DIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Vixsin/Melissa - Running and retaining water since it's warm are very probable reasons for my stall. But I'm loving the running so I have no plans to stop!!

Lindsey - Thanks dear!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #134  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Woohoooooooooooooooooooo Congrats Diana(LA)!!!!! So happy for yooooooooooooooou!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Is it ok if i continue to post here even though i'm sort of in maintenance? Yesterday i was on track with 2280 calories. 148.5 this morning! Hopefully i'm out of the 150s for good!
Closed Thread