Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #91  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbikerchick View Post
So here’s my check-in. I did 58 minutes of running outside Sunday. That counts as an hour doesn’t it? The weather was truly miserable here – strong winds with blowing snow. The snow was just driving into my face. I kept one eye shut, and the other open just a peep so I could see where I was going. But, I thought, I said I was going to work out for an hour, and I was determined to finish! I tracked my calories Sunday, and they came in too high at 2150, but we celebrated DIL’s bday, and I made chocolate chip orange cupcakes with chocolate ganache for icing

Anyhoo, most of the weekend weight is off. Scale said 138.6 Monday and again this morning. I felt cheated this morning, because I ate about 1850 calories yesterday, which is low for me. Also, the scale last night said 140.2, and I usually lose three pounds through the night. I’m like you, Berry, I weigh myself before bed to get an idea about what’s coming in the morning. Oh, well, maybe tomorrow.

So, today I want to stay under 2000 calories. Tonight is the bike club ride, but I’m not sure if I’ll go. It’s sooo cold here, about 30 degrees right now. Yuck. If I don’t go, I’ll do an indoor workout tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot. I mentioned a job offer this past weekend. Disappointing news – it fell through. They offered it to me, but they wanted to pay very little. There’s a lot of downward pressure on salaries in my field, but I’m not going along with it! I’ll stay where I am, where the pay is decent, and I get a nice benefit package, and I’ll learn other ways to deal with the stress. Those of you who posted about it, thanks. I really appreciate it.

C U later. I’ll catch up on more recent personals then. Have a great, on-plan day, everybody!
Running in the driving snow for an HOUR???? You are a mad woman and that takes some serious motivation! Wow! I am in awe!

And sorry the job fell through, but if you love what you do, then you can find some destressors. And you sound like a great Mother in law. Wish you could give my MIL some pointers! Have a great day!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #92  
Melissa

As expected, I had another gain because of taco salad. I can't really be bugged by it as I know WHY I'm stalled out, but it is kind of funny how ONE FOOD has such a predictable outcome on the scale.

Meeting up with some friends today (weather permitting) at Great Falls, Maryland. That's such a pretty, scenic walk. And I haven't seen this friend in a year, so it will be nice to catch up with her and her family.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #93  

I will check in first and then try to catch up on reading posts/personals. I don't know how life got so busy all of the sudden.
DS finally got to play his first baseball game last night due to rainouts and then being sick prior to this. He did well, we were proud parents . BUT, I figured out last night that baseball game nights will be a 5 hour committment for the home games, so add in driving time for the away games They play all double headers. So I better get on here in the mornings on game days or I will be missing my daily 3FC fix!
Weight today back to 195.6 (was 197 yesterday). Got in a freakin awesome interval workout yest. morning, I am pushing my high point and feeling great doing it! It's like my butt and legs are staring to 'pop' and I feel 'springy'. Does that make sense? Didn't track calories yesteday, and barely got all my water in, plan to do better with both of those today!
NSV: put on a school themed long sleeve tee that I bought during football season, an XL, which was too tight back then, and I am swimming in it now! It's freezing here right now, so I can wear it under a sweatshirt/jacket, but I will be handing this down to my DS soon, he is growing out of his medium we got him. Maybe we will swap sizes So all is good here, lots of NSVs this week and weight is holding stable. I just have to get all the pieces of my plan working together again , I will get there! I really want to show a loss this week, so I have to put it all in gear in order to do that.
Miss you guys when I can't get on here!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Roadbiker- I did have a whoosh! I guess it took my body a while to recover from the 5K and then all that extra WHOOSHED back out. I am 178 and holding today. My best friend wants me to run a 5K with her in 2 weeks- but I am thinking of saying NO. I feel like I lost a week of weight loss and sometimes that can really affect you. BTW- 58 minutes is an HOUR to me!

I had a great ON plan MOnday with tons of exercise. I worked out at the gym in the AM and the PM. This morning I am going for 2 hours. Then I will be making meals for my friend with brain cancer. I am making a roast, grilled chicken and cream of potatoe soup... and probably roasted potatoes. I also have a pound cake and cinnamon bread to make. She is SO hungry from the steroids.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #95  

Stacy, on your whoosh and new low! Somehow, all the good decisions catch up with you don't they .

Berry, what do you make your taco salad with? Maybe you could tweak it a little? Culprits could be sodium or beans? However, it is only temporary, so as long as you are eating it occasionally, who cares right? You've got me wanting taco salad now!

Larry, go glad you are doing well. I say if you like fish, stick with that for a while and add in some skinless chicken breast here and there (or turkey breast). While you are recovering, you can look up some new ways to cook fish/chicken or whatever you choose! How is your DW holding up through all of this? She must have been very worried about you!

Roadbiker, that's okay about the job, things happen for a reason, I believe, so you are where you are supposed to be right now!

Who else had new lows? I think it was DianaLa, Diana3271, and Shells, anyone else? Well, to you all! Way to go! I can't wait for my next scale drop!

Gotta run, BBL
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #96  
Melissa

Girls, I think I'm going to shave my legs today! This doesn't usually happen until summer and only when I REALLY need it. My leg hair is blonde and not really noticeable except at my ankles, but it's time to break out the shorts in the next couple days when I take my walks and I get too hot in long pants when I'm buzzing around the lake.

The weird thing with this weight loss is though, the back of my legs (considering I'm 41 years old and still quite overweight) look pretty good. They are not all cellulite-ish. The FRONT of my legs are all lumpy though - down to mid thigh. I hate that! because I can see that! My arms, surprisingly, are looking pretty good - still BIG, but no lumpy. Even my stretch mark riddled tummy is shrinking up - not pretty, but it never has been and no one ever sees taht except for Dh and he's fine with that - those stretch marks are mommy battle scars and DH sees them as a fair price to pay for the kids.

The only shorts I have right now are athletic skorts, these: http://www.rei.com/product/808029 I will try to get more as the weight comes down, but these can work for some many purpsoses and have a drawstring, so can fit for a bit longer as I drop more weight. I love all these skorts: http://www.rei.com/search?query=skor...x=0&button.y=0 But, they show a bit of my dimply thighs. Yuck! Though, I'm not willing to wear longer clothes and then suffer from the heat. Comfort is definitely first.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

A confession: I'm the biggest cheerleader out there when it comes to scale fluctuations. "They happen" "Scales can be weird like that" "It'll come off again in no time."

Well here's the truth: my scale doesn't usually fluctuate much. The rate I lose changes, but if I'm paying attention and haven't totally pigged out, I hardly ever see the scale go up my more than a couple decimal points. Then my eating wasn't salty and not great over the weekend and I was up a pound, but I wasn't too bothered by it. Yesterday I ate pretty well, calories were reasonable. I even did some Just Dance in the evening for a little bit of exercise. And this morning I was up again and I don't like it. Weigh in this morning was 212.0.

All I can do is keep going and hope it all evens itself out.

Now for personals:

Lauren - I think you might lose more quickly if you drop your calories, but you'll probably get there eventually with the 1500, unless you've been doing that already and it hasn't been working.

Novelista - Feel better!

Shellsbrood - Hope everyone feels better soon!

Berry - a piece of pie isn't the end of the world. (A whole pie might be. ) Yay on the new shoes. I have to confess that I'm a bit superstitious about shoes. It seems like in the past, whenever I get new shoes is the point at which I totally fall off the wagon and stop exercising/eating right. I'm desperately in need of some now, but my superstition coupled with the fact that I can't ever find shoes that fit me (yeah, I've tried a real running shoe store) is holding me back.

Lindsey - I seem to have hungry days sometimes, even when everything I'm doing is similar to the day before. Haven't figured it out yet

Larry - Sounds like your doing great. I guess you'll have a lot of chicken and fish in your future Maybe you can incorporate more beans too, and dairy throughout your day. Perhaps your doctor could suggest some meal plans. Seems like he should be there to assist you in making the changes he wants you to make. Where I live there's a co-op that sells grass-fed buffalo, elk, etc. meats. They're red, but very low fat like Stacy suggested.

Rachel - sounds like a good plan!

Surfergirl - Way to stick it out.

K9 - Ditto on the sun! It's been so dreary here! My snacks include: fruit (apples, clementines are my biggies.), raw veggies (snap peas are a fave), yogurt, wasabi peas, occasional granola bar.

Pint- I here P90X is BRUTAL. Hope you can still walk tomorrow.

Love2b150 - I occasionally do add stuff to fitday, but I don't like to. So much of what I eat is weird and hard to log, so I usually just break it down into ingredients and work that way. Since I don't have a super strict calorie limit, I don't worry too much about it usually.

morethananumber - you don't need to weigh yourself everyday. Larry needs to weigh himself daily because he's had heart surgery and gaining water weigh is a symptom that needs to be tracked very closely.

Diana - aaaaahhhh, sleep.

roadbikerchick - Snow! AAAHHH! I'm so ready for spring. We still have a few piles here and there, but it's almost gone, thankfully. And I'm saying this as someone who likes winter.

Jomatho - Don't sports schedules just wear you out?

Stacy - Yay whoosh!

Whoooh! How do you folks do it? I'm not sure I can keep up.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Hey guys!

Phew so hard to catch up on personals! Tomorrow is my last day of law school, and school generally! I'm going to be studing a lot for exams over the next two weeks.

Anyways, weighed in at 124.0 this morning. I think I want 122 to be my "I ate really clean yesterday" weight, with 124 being my high fluctuation after a normal/cheatish day. I ate good yesterday so I think I still have a stubborn lb or so to fix the damage from the last week.

Other news....

Going to BLACK LIGHT Zumba with the girlfriends tonight! I'm so excited... never done it, but I'm sure the black light will make it even more interesting!

Also, I FINALLY have learned how to prepare Tofu Shirataki noodles without gagging. I read online that after draining/padding dry you should toss it in a frying pan... and that it really is best with asian sauces. So I made a bison steak, and tossed some Shirataki with this soy-type sauce I have (a lot less sodium though), and it was really good! The frying pan really fixed a lot of the too-gooey texture. Since Shirataki is only 40 cals and 2 net carbs per 8 oz this is awesome!

Also, has anyone researched the benefits of 1 teaspoon of cinnamon a day? Apparently it is a natural appetight suppressant, fat/carb blocker, and helps you think more clearly! Going to try to make that a daily supplement!

_____ Personals ____

Larry, Jomatho, and Gaining... Congrats on the new lows! Gaining you are SOSOSO close to Onederland... Anyone want to place a friendly wager? I think you will see it .... next THURSDAY (just an arbitrary guess haha).

Roadbiker... I dont think anyone hear would begrudge you those 2 minites! Haha. Awsome job!

Chubbypanda... Just do personals when something "real" to respond strikes you, no one will fault you if you don't address them every time! There are a LOT of people on this thread!

Lindsey... I've been really snacky lately too... maybe the cinnamon will help :-)

Whomever askecd for snack ideas... do you ever do FF cottage cheese and either cinnamon or cocoa powder/splenda? the later is so indulgent I usually make it dessert though!
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Berry – I know, I wish I could understand that. I’m eating similar or the exact same foods that satisfy me normally…weird!

Larry - for the whoosh!! Some high protein foods are fish, soy, chicken, pork, beans (lentils, black and pinto), eggs/diary, and nuts. Here is a list of some high protein foods. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/wha...roteinfood.htm

Pint – You sure had an exercise filled day! Wow!

Love2b – What is with that? I hate being full, but I don’t like feeling like I’m starving either…

K9 – We could be?!?! Haha!! For your low calorie snack ideas…fruit (strawberries, bananas, grapes, apples, etc.), string cheese, 1 T PB, nuts (cashews, peanuts), yogurt, cottage cheese, carrots (I like the baby ones )…I love those 100 cal bags of popcorn for a snack too! You kicked butt yesterday btw!! And wow, that is crazy you burned that many calories…I think I better find a zumba class! Oh and about hummus…you’ll love it!

Morethan – You don’t need to weigh yourself daily…if you think it might be discouraging weigh once or twice a month. I am just impatient so I couldn’t do that!

Bonnie – Sorry to hear your day was rather rough due to PMS. Today is a new day!

Diana – Good question. I’d love to know why my neighbors think it’s acceptable to be loud at all hours of the night?! People are just ignorant and inconsiderate. I’d almost like to know their sleep schedule so I could be loud and obnoxious to keep them up while they try to rest!!!

Road – Sorry to hear the job fell through, it’s amazing how little some jobs want to pay nowadays! It’s sad…I have friends back home that would LOVE to make just $10/hour…and still that isn’t much to live off of. And wow, running in the blowing snow like that!!! You’re my hero!

Jo – Congrats on 195!!!

Zoodoo – That is terribly frustrating when you’re doing everything right and gain…our bodies are just crazy sometimes I think! The scale will be down soon!

Down 1# this morning to a new low of 137.6! I'm determined to stay on plan more than ever today...no more of this new low..then gain..then new low..then gain crap!

Anyways, hope y'all have a great, OP day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post

Also, has anyone researched the benefits of 1 teaspoon of cinnamon a day? Apparently it is a natural appetight suppressant, fat/carb blocker, and helps you think more clearly! Going to try to make that a daily supplement!

Lindsey... I've been really snacky lately too... maybe the cinnamon will help :-)
I've never heard about the cinnamon...maybe it's worth a shot?
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #101  
Melissa

I use cinnamon every day. More because I love it. I sprinkle it on my apple (a lot) and eat that with peanut butter. Can't hurt and it tastes great. I especially like Saigon cinnamon. It's a bit spicier.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #102  
~Kim~

Hey ladies! I haven't been in lately with getting ready for my trip and then actually being on the trip. I just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Florida is gorgeous and wonderful right now, getting here was the road trip from **** though. I left home at 6am. At about 9am I got a flat tire in Virginia. It took FOREVER to get it taken care of and I didn't get back on the road until almost 4. Then at 4:30 I was driving through an area in NC that unbeknownst to me was getting hit with a bunch of tornadoes. Suddenly rain went to heavy hail and I crept along the highway until I got to an overpass and pulled under it. Cars were stopping in the middle of the road. The hail was crazy, but then it started raining so hard and the wind was so strong that I couldn't even see the car parked right in front of me. Thank God my daughter was fast asleep during all this or her being scared would have added to the stress and fear I was feeling. After the weather calmed down I kept going down the highway and got stuck in traffic. It turns out a tornado went through a town about 20 miles south of where I was, I heard on the radio that the interstate I was on was closed because of debri so I pulled off at the next exit. The town had no electricty and there were people everywhere. A couple hours later the interstate opened back up and I was able to keep going. I stopped about an hour and a half later in a town that had a lot of hotels. The first three I stopped at were full and then the fourth I got the last room they had and it was a smoking room. It was really gross and I wish I had kept going a bit further, but once I had all my crap in the room I was just ready to relax a little. The next day went much better. It was beautiful and then roads the rest of the way to Florida weren't nearly as crazy as they'd been Saturday. So my 13 hour drive turned into a 30+ one if you count the stop at the crummy hotel. When we got here my step dad told me that a tornado went through the town I happened to be in when I was parked under the overpass. It even went over the interstate by an exit that was about 100 yards infront of where I was parked. Scary stuff.

The important thing is we're ok. We're having a great time with my parents and hopefully the trip home will go much smoother.

As far as eating goes, the trip down was a little stressful so I ate a little more junk then I should have. Since we've been here I've been doing pretty good.. eating a lot more carbs then usual, but I'm not beating myself up over it since I'm on vacation.

I hope everyone is doing great and that you all have a great rest of the week!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 04-19-2011 at 10:16 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #103  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

I did get to go for my run last night, but my 4 days of laziness pre-TOM made it quite difficult for me. I struggled the entire 3 miles. I am feeling a bit better/more energized today. I'm still insanely hungry and want to stuff my face with chocolate but I'm behaving.

The pills I believe are working. I haven't seen my SO since I started TOM so I'm not 100% sure yet. I did get angry yesterday, but I was able to rationalize that it's my hormones and calm myself back down. I am just trying to keep to myself so I don't lash out. Luckily I'll be on my own this weekend too so maybe Mr. Hyde won't pop out of me.

Melissa- WOW! You are a fast walker. I don't even go that fast when I'm doing my c25k runs!!! Sorry you're up because of the tacos. Don't worry, it'll come off.

Lindsey - Congrats on your new low!! I'm feeling SUPER hungry too. I could literally eat everything!! And I mean everything!

Larry - Glad you are doing better and CONGRATS on your whoosh!!

Pint - Congratulations to you for staying on plan and working out considering the weather ordeal you just went through!

Love2b150 - My scale was stuck for 5 days with no change. I took out the batteries and put them back in...recalibrated it...and then it showed a 2 lb loss (It's worth a try )

Jen - I hope you feel better today. YOU ARE SO NOT LAZY!!! You are always working on your pool and planting flowers. You deserve some rest!

k9 - Holy crap! You burnt a TON of calories! WAY TO GO!

Stacy - I love the Sabra hummus too! Any flavor for me

Diana - I really hate inconsiderate neighbors. I have some living above me and they play video games and movies so loud. I called my buildings security late one night and they went up and shut them up. So...I feel for you

Roadbiker - WOW! You ran for an hour in the snow? Holy cow! That's impressive! Sorry about the job offer, but I think you made the right choice.

Jo - Congrats on your NSV!! That's great!!

Zoodoo - Isn't the scale frustrating!?? I hate it sometimes!
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #104  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, is all I can say... just wow! Sooooo many posts in one day!!!! How can I catch up?!?!?

Well I am going to try my best.....

Rennie - Yes, we can do this!!!! Even if we slip up, we just have to get back on that horse!!!!! K9 I'm with Rennie on this, and I appreciate it ===> "Acknowledge that at some point, you are going to blow it--sometimes for a couple of weeks at a time, but it's when we give in to that behavior that the weight will ultimately find itself back on our thighs, hips, abdomen, etc!"

Diana - Hi Lady! We are already halfway through the week!!! Yay for Easter! Have a good day Glad to hear you are sleeping better, I wil also keep my fingers crossed for you

Hi Melissa! How are you liking your new shoes??

Linds - What a great OP day, awesome

Larry!!!! Yay for the whoosh!!!! And I am so glad to hear you are doing well my friend!

chubbypanda - hellooooooooooooooo
Quote:
The number of ladies in here is encouraging (and kind of overwhelming - I want to comment on everyone's post but I would NEVER get to bed on time!). It feels great knowing we are all in this thing together!
Believe me, we all feel the same way at times.... we are definitely a chatty bunch of people. But there are no expectations here

stacy - Thanks for your feedback. I think I will stick to the 1550 cals a day I am eating now and see how that goes... i'll drop down if I feel it is necessary. Have a great OP day

Hello Pint Great job getting your exercise in! Have a good day!

K9 - One of my favourite snacks is raw broccoli, carrots and cucumbers with hummus! If I need a little something more i'll add some low-sodium triscuits! mmm mmm mmm! That's one of my snacks planned for today!

jen - You are so close to seeing your little bubba!!! Due 2 days before my birthday! Go Taurus!!!!! HeHe

morethananumber - Yay for a better day! Just take it one day at a time, you will ge there!

bonnie - TOM is evil Just do the best you can when it's around, that's all you can do!

roadbiker - Thanks for asking! My dress fitting went very well. Fits great, and as I said to Diana yesterday, there is def. some room for me to lose pounds without comprimising the dress fit. All that needs to be done is a length adjustment. Oh and you ran in the snow?!?!? That's crazy... but good job!

Hi Jo 195!!!! Awesome job girl!!! And what a great NSV - don't you just love fitting into clothes that you didn't before!

zoodoo - Hey, thanks for the feedback... I'm still umming and ahhhing about dropping down my cals. I'm going to stick to my 1550 per day and maybe make some changes as necessary. Have a good day!

Lacey - Yay! Last day of school! Have a good one!

Hi Kim - Oh I wish I had me some Florida weather. It seems this winter just doesn't want to let go! Glad to hear you didn;t get effected by the Tornadoes, scary stuff.

Breanne - Great job getting in your run!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #105  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Phew

I did it!!!

So I finally worked up the courage to weigh myself today after weeks of being off-plan... and suprisingly it wasn't a bad number.

Much better than I expected so i'll take it and be happy about it and move on from here. I am hoping I can be around 180 for the wedding so that is my goal, to get to 180 by July 6th.

I think it is doable.

Here is my plan for the day Tues 4/19/2011, another BIG breakfast... been so hungry in the mornings lately.

B - 3 weetabix with almond milk + 1 small banana + 2 slices multi-grain bread w/ peanut butter

L - 1 cup barley casserole + 1 cup raw broccoli & 5 low-sodium Triscuits w/ hummus

D - Marinated tofu on brown rice w/ bok choy

Drinking: At least 2L water + 2 cups green tea

Exercise: Physio today

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote