Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #106  

Okay, who was it that was waiting to weigh for a month? Was it dimples? I think I missed that weigh in while I was on vacation!?! Who was it, and how much was it? Don't know why I just thought of that
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

blech, feeling nauseated today. i slept in again, i need to do some studying...DS is at a friend's house, and i'm by my lonesome. perfect time to study. i will catch up again later.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

1940 calories yesterday. Scale still at 150 today. Sigh. Oh well. My weight fluctuates all month but i can compare my lowest weight each month, which occurs after my TOM, to see if i've lost over the course of the month. Unfortunately that is still 2 or 3 weeks away!
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
I did get to go for my run last night, but my 4 days of laziness pre-TOM made it quite difficult for me. I struggled the entire 3 miles.
That's how I felt my first 3 miles, it does get easier! The fact you completed 3 miles is amazing! Keep up the good work!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #110  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

jen -Rest up and feel better

surfer - You weigh once montly?? How do you find that??
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
jen -Rest up and feel better

surfer - You weigh once montly?? How do you find that??
No, i weigh every day. My weight is highest just before my TOM, and after it's over, is my lowest weight of the month. So i can compare my high points and low points from month to month to know if i've gained/lost weight.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
1940 calories yesterday. Scale still at 150 today. Sigh. Oh well. My weight fluctuates all month but i can compare my lowest weight each month, which occurs after my TOM, to see if i've lost over the course of the month. Unfortunately that is still 2 or 3 weeks away!
Surfer, I'm curious (and I guess too lazy to go back through all your old posts ) I've noticed that your calorie allowance is relatively high, and it seems like I saw that you estimate your maintenance calories at 2800? What's your secret? Do you work out non-stop? 'Cause I'd sure like to burn through that many calories in a day.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

LLBold and Berry- I have been researching the benefits of cinnamon. For about 10 days I has been consuming 1/2 teaspoon straight cinnamon. I mix it into my greek yogurt. It is quite yummy that way. I tried to mix it n my coffee once but that didn't work out too great... anyway here are some of the things my research has told me:

1. natural appetite suppresant
2. helps regulate blood sugar (less cravings)
3. reduce the growth of cancer cells (specifically leukemia and lymphoma)
4. boosts brain function and memory

Thats all I can remember. The book I read suggests 1/2. I read somewhere else you can have TOO much so I am not sure about the whole teaspoon. Not sure I could figure out how to get anymore down either. 1/2 is good in my yogurt though.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Surfer, I'm curious (and I guess too lazy to go back through all your old posts ) I've noticed that your calorie allowance is relatively high, and it seems like I saw that you estimate your maintenance calories at 2800? What's your secret? Do you work out non-stop? 'Cause I'd sure like to burn through that many calories in a day.
Well, in the past i've been able to maintain my weight eating around 3000 calories a day...it was really months of binging at like 4000 calories a day that made me gain weight (up to 157.5) this winter. I don't have a "secret," but i'm pretty athletic so i have quite a bit of muscle, thus a high metabolism to begin with, plus i'm pretty active. I exercise before and after work, and on weekends i'm off doing something active all day. Don't own a tv, etc. I guess those are all things that contribute to it.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #115  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Roadbikerchick Sorry about the job. I always say that everything happens for a reason. This tells me that something even better is coming your way.

Berry Thank you about the new low. I think it's a lot easier to count calories, etc. now than it was before. Before I had this little book to look things up. We have so much more knowledge at our finger tips (internet). I am also curious about the taco seasoning you use. I wonder you are having sodium issues or MSG issues. Most taco seasoning mixes contain high sodium and MSG. I have seen low sodium varieties and ones that do no contain MSG. I have never seen a low sodium, no MSG product, though. If you are using a store bought product, you can google for a taco seasoning recipe. You can control the sodium and it won't contain MSG. I could probably use a recipe like that, too, since I have so many issues with sodium and MSG.

Jomatho Congrats on the NSV and 195.6!

Stacy Congrats on the 178 and for being on plan yesterday! You are such a good friend to your friend. I would like to hug you for her. And a hug for her.

Zoodoo Fluctuations are a total PITA! I had small fluctuations all along, but not that bad. Now that I am close to goal, I am having more fluctuations. I have them while staying 100% on plan. It's crazy!

Lacey Enjoy the Zumba class! Get that studying done!

Lindsey Congrats on the new low! Are you familiar with your ovulation time? I wonder if your hunger is around that time? Maybe you could track it. Last week I was very snacky, but this week I don't seem to be. I should be starting TTOM within the week. I don't know when ovulation is. I already have so much crap to keep up with. If I feel snacky I just eat a hand full of lettuce and drink water. It seems to work. Another thing, could it be that you are getting close to goal and it's a mental thing? I think our mind/body can do that stuff to us. It's another thing to ponder/consider.

Kim OMG! That drive to FL sounds insane! I am so glad that you got there safely! Enjoy your vacation!

Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
The pills I believe are working. I haven't seen my SO since I started TOM so I'm not 100% sure yet.
This totally made me laugh out loud! The sad thing is that I totally understand. My DH is a really good guy. When TTOM starts, I can literally look at him and hate him for even extisting! It's crazy! Then as soon as that "mood" passes, I will get all "needy" and think DH doesn't love me.

Lauren I'm glad your weigh in wasn't so bad. You can make your July 6 goal! You can do it!

Jen Hi! Sorry about the nausea!

Surfer Hi

Shells How are you and the family feeling? I haven't seen you check in. I hope everything is ok.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #116  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Default I have missed so much!!!

WOW! I feel like I haven't been here in.....almost 9 pages!!!!

I'm starting my personals from today.

Diana: Thanks for sharing your weight loss story. Very inspirational.

Larry: Protein? I LIVE on boneless, skinless chicken breast and fish of all kinds. I eat red meat very seldom now. Glad to have you back, my friend!!!

Roadbiker: Sorry the job didn't pan out but it sounds like you've got a great thing going on where you are so not too much lost, right?

Berry: Sorry about the gain, but great job in diagnosing what it was from!

zoodoo: Hang in there. It will even out! Fluctuations are the worst! But we ALL know how you feel and are here to help you through it!

Linds: Congrats on the new low!!

Lacey: WOW to the cottage cheese and cocoa powder/splenda combo. Guess what I'm going to try very very soon!!!

Dimples: Hope you're having a great time now that you got that drive down out of the way.

Rennie: I missed it big time, so happy really late birthday.

Lauren: You're doing great!

Jendiet: Good luck on the studying!

Hello and welcome to all the new folks! We are glad you're here!

And as for me. I am up .4 to 198.4. I expected that gain yesterday and didn't get it. I went bowling on Sunday and HOLY COW am I sore. I was shocked! Who knew bowling was such a workout?

I'm not stressed about it. I am off to the gymn today to beat an elliptical into submission for 45 mins.

NSV for me this morning. I am wearing workout pants that are a men's size L!! All of my other pants had been XL, so it's nice to see that I fit into these. I bought them a while ago and was afraid to try them on for the LONGEST time. I'm glad I tried them on today!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #117  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Okay, who was it that was waiting to weigh for a month? Was it dimples? I think I missed that weigh in while I was on vacation!?! Who was it, and how much was it? Don't know why I just thought of that
It was dimples and she lost like 16 pounds that month. I remember, because I lost a lot last month and she surpassed me a bit.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #118  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Roadbikerchick Sorry about the job. I always say that everything happens for a reason. This tells me that something even better is coming your way.

Berry Thank you about the new low. I think it's a lot easier to count calories, etc. now than it was before. Before I had this little book to look things up. We have so much more knowledge at our finger tips (internet). I am also curious about the taco seasoning you use. I wonder you are having sodium issues or MSG issues. Most taco seasoning mixes contain high sodium and MSG. I have seen low sodium varieties and ones that do no contain MSG. I have never seen a low sodium, no MSG product, though. If you are using a store bought product, you can google for a taco seasoning recipe. You can control the sodium and it won't contain MSG. I could probably use a recipe like that, too, since I have so many issues with sodium and MSG.
You know, I make 99% of our food, but for some reason, I buy our taco seasoning. I did buy a lower sodium one, didn't help. It must be the MSG. Ironically, I DO know know to make my own taco seasoning, but I never do it. Maybe I will start as I've been stuck at this same weight for 8 days now (up and down the same pound). Part of it was TTOM and the rest was tacos. I make our own salsa, but get lazy with teh seasoning packet. I won't do that again... making it myself from now on and see if that helps.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry Do you have a tried and true recipe for taco seasoning that you can share? That way lazy ol me won't have to google,
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #120  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Berry Do you have a tried and true recipe for taco seasoning that you can share? That way lazy ol me won't have to google,
Honestly, I looked at the back of a packet (we have a spicy one that I haven't ever used), and built from there. I just did a google search and came up with this:

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.

But, since I wasn't making it to store, I made it with fresh garlic (one large clove) and a half medium white onion, and then added in the chili pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano. I don't think I added red pepper flakes or black pepper and definitely not a teaspoon of salt, but probably a little. It gets teh flavor, but not that 'sauce' part of the meat... you know where you need to add 2/3s of a cup of water and cook it down? You still can do that to rehydrate the spices, but it doesn't have that fake whatever to make it a thick, coating sauce. We love it that way... just have been lazy to make it... WHy??? I don't know as I ahve all those spices on hand. I take the time to make our own salsa, but not the seasoning. DUMB!

BTW: this recipe is from all recipes adn it has allllll high ratings of like 2300 people.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.