Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:14 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#257

WELCOME!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 07:22 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Oh my gosh...did you notice I did big AND red on the end of the other thread? I think I finally figured it out!

You guys are moving pretty fast here...I can't keep up with you all! Today I woke up with such a sore throat. I have so much to do still...I'm not even packed yet and we are leaving tomorrow after I get out of work. When John gets home he is taking the dog to be boarded and hopefully I will get the car packed in the morning so when I get home I can change my clothes and go. It will take us 4 hours to get there. I think I pretty much have all the presents wrapped except John's. I'll have to do that in the morning when he leaves for work. I didnt' get them done today. I laid down at 1:15 when I put andrew down for a nap and neither one of us woke up until 4:45, just as John was pulling in the driveway. THe house looked like a tornado went through it so I went to the door and told john to be careful and enter at your own risk!

Ok I best get my hiney moving now and get packed and clean this place up. Then make sure I have all our gifts wrapped too! Wouldn't want to forget anyone!! I will be able to check in from my mom's computer when we are there!

I'll try and get back again before we leave but just in case....HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!

I LOVE YOU GUYS TO DEATH!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 12-22-2002, 08:16 PM   #3  
Going All The Weigh

Hey guys. I just cant do it. I cant worry about holiday stress and trying to stay OP too. Now this doesnt mean I'm going out into a 3 day binge, I'm just going to have to take one thing at a time, and get the holidays behind me, I'm starting to really dislike them. Ok, so maybe I'm not in the 'spirit' but I am trying right now its just too much. I still want to post here if thats ok. I guess I feel like I'm cheating or something and I know I'm not, I'm just doing what is best for me. Has anyone else been in this situation where you feel pulled every which way and just sure not which way to go.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Geez, I missed 2 whole threads. Aren't you gals feeling chatty? I got cards from 2 cute, Tina and my 2nd card from Kat. You all have beautiful families. I got my pictures back so I'll probably send you all a picture after the holidays. I've also decided to jump back into the "diet" thing after the holidays. I'm not going to go overboard mind you, just not stress about it. So I think this years picture will serve as my before picture and next years will be my after(or at least close to it) Sara- you are amazing. I wish I could get my weight to come off like you have. I need your determination. Well, time to finish wrapping presents.
Steph
Old 12-22-2002, 08:49 PM   #5  
Going All The Weigh

Ok, one quick question, has anyone ever used or heard of T-Tapp, does anyone recommend it?
Old 12-23-2002, 12:03 AM   #6  

Talking So long Chicksters!

Hubby and I are leaving first thing in the morning (for almost a week) to spend the holidays with our parents in Montreal (yeesh.. a 7 hour drive) so...

EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY HOLIDAY SEASON!

I MAY get a chance to pop in once or twice over the next week but I can't say for sure. I'm gonna miss you guys SO much!

Ho, ho, ho!
Sara
Old 12-23-2002, 12:15 AM   #7  
Going All The Weigh

Have a wonderful Holiday Sarah. Travel safe!
Old 12-23-2002, 10:15 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

Question back atcha, Gypsy...what's T-Tapp?

Question #2: Baylee, what's a julian calendar? (as opposed to a regular calendar) Sounds like a good plan...taking one day at a time. WE CAN DO THIS!

Gypsy, one thing I have discovered, as I get older, is that you have to do what is best for YOU. Of course you are being pulled in a million different directions...it's the holidays, you're a MOM, you work, you're trying to diet, among other things. If following a strict diet is going to stress you out, then DON'T...strive to maintain your weight without gaining. Try to modify your eating...if you know there's something that you really want to have, don't deny yourself, make up for it later by making the next meal a light one. Or don't have every treat out there, but the one that is your very favorite. I WAS paying attention to Thin's tips! Honey, we've all been there...don't ruin your holiday stressing about every little detail, you can't do everything. Enjoy the little things about the season, don't judge yourself by what you think that other's think you should or should not be doing...do what makes YOU happy.

Sara, Michelle...have a good trip, be safe and enjoy the time with your families!

Today is driving test day...

That's all I have to say about that.

Today is also the anniversary of my first day as a Mommy! Good Lord, wasn't that just yesterday and not 17 years ago? We were just picking out baby pictures to be posted in her yearbook...senior year...okay, I may cry so I'll stop now...

I'm baking a pineapple upside down cake, her request. She's going out to dinner with her friends at 5, but told us that we could have her this evening...you see where we rank?

Well, I'd better go...I'll report in later.

Oh yeah, Tina, did I tell you that I got your picture? Your family is wonderful...thank you for sharing them with us! It has been so great to "see" you all, and your families...makes us that much closer!

OK, really going now...see you later!
Old 12-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

This will be quick and short.
We started getting a winter storm here and my phone is not working. I don't know why I was able to get through online... but I am taking that it is my Christmas Miracle from God.
Just want you to know if I am MIA it is because our phone lines are down.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:48 PM   #10  

Hello again.. now that you know that I may be missing.. I will write a short note.
The snow here is beautiful !!!! It was suppose to be an ice storm first... but we missed the ice and are getting tons of snow... especially for OKLA. We should get 9 inches today and more tomorrow.

My visit with my parents went very well. My mom is not doing vry well though. She was in so much pain and nightmares the other night... she blackened her own eye. Her rings dug into her face.
Dad is doing better but he wants out of the nursing home. We convinced him to stay until January. I think my sister may move in to take care of him at his apartment then. I am not for sure. That is the latest rumor I heard.

I am going to go and read your posts before I get knocked off line. I wanted to post first... just in case.

Merry Christmas to All !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-23-2002 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:22 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:31 PM   #12  
Going All The Weigh

Hmm, that calander might just be what I need. I think I might make me one. Yes I'm always looking for good ideas.

T-Tapp is a exercise systme that I saw that is suppose to help you with lose skin too. I'd just like to get some feedback before investing in it.

Well tomorrow is my familys holiday, and I will be sooooooo glad when it is over.

I hope everyone is having a great night.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Steph
Old 12-24-2002, 08:35 AM   #14  
Going All The Weigh

Good morning everyone. Well I didnt wake up to a white Christmas Eve, but a wet one, yuk. Oh well make the best of it and move on. I dont have much time to write this morning have to get down to my Grandmothers. If I'm MIA today, I'll be here tonight.

Baylee, I would love to join a gym, but honestly I'm too ashamed too. I just cant picture me working out with all those other people. I know this is crazy, but what if I'm too large for the equipment. I would absolutely die! I have the time, and soon will have the money again if this new job pans out. I dont know. I guess I just have alot of self confidence issues.

Well I better get off of here and get some house work done so I can chat with you all tonight. Hope you all have a stressfree day.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:08 AM   #15  

(2cute singing....) "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...."
Yes, we have a white Christmas here in Okla.
This is NOT the norm for us. We seldom get snow... and then it is usually in Feb or March. It has snowed all night and we should get another 3 inches today. It won't get above freezing so no chance of it melting today. I like it when we have a White Christmas.
I just hope my kids and family don't try and drive in it. My youngest daughters boyfriend is suppose to have their family Christmas tonight... but it is suppose to be at the lake and that is too far to drive on these kinds of roads. I sure hope they move it until this weekend when this snow is suppose to be melting or gone completley.

Well friends... I like most of you...have tons of baking to do.
Hang in there. Don't let the pressures of the season mess up the joy. It doesn't matter if everything is perfect or not. It doesn't matter if the mashed potatoes are runny. It doesn't matter if you forgot to mail Aunt Betty a card. The world will not come to an end. RELAX... laugh at your mistakes... and enjoy Christmas. Enjoy being alive. Enjoy being able to make goofy mistakes. Enjoy the snow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!
Closed Thread