Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Mydearthing Hi and Welcome!

Vixsin Yep, I'm doing Turbo Fire! (with the blond chick! )

Lauren I'm glad today is a better day for you. I remember when I was in a car wreck. I did physical therapy for a couple months. It didn't really help. I felt so helpless when the therapist said that they were releasing me because there was nothing else they could do. I think I got the most help from using muscle relaxers and just trying to eliminate the stress in my life. Every time I felt stress or got upset, I ended up having pain in my neck. I also had to stop using weights in my workouts.

Debbie Welcome back!

Kyra Hi and Welcome! Here's the Turbo Fire check-in: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...feb-check.html
Old 02-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
. I hate waiting in lines!
Me too! Congrats on the NSV by the way!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Abidabbi - When I hear physics I always think of Big Bang Theory..love that show! That's a huge accomplishment though, a PhD!! When will you be graduating?

Kyra - You'll love it here! Congrats on your success thus far. How do you like Turbo Fire? I saw a commercial for that today.

Novel - I'm sorry hun! Have you measured yourself to see progress in that way? I love the 5k idea! Hope you have a great birthday!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-23-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

It is so hard to keep up with this thread now that I have a life and everything. I managed to scan your posts, and congrats to those of you who have seen successes the last couple days (quite a few of you, it seems). Larry, especially you, 42 pounds is amazing! Man, if I lost that much I'd be, well, done. Of course, circumstances are different, but it's still interesting to think about.

jomatho, that calculator you posted a few pages back told me 122 is my ideal weight. I'm a weird girl in that I like to stay on the meatier side, so I think I'll still be pretty happy with my current goal of 125-130. I measured my wrists--6" circumference! Seems so little.

I am sick <--luckily, not like that. Just stuffy and sore. My entire face feels clogged, I can't hear anything or smell and my eyelids are heavy. And I can't taste anything or tell when I'm hungry, so I overate yesterday as a result and am trying to not do that again today. Still, yesterday was good, I was at about 1700 calories. I wanted to exercise but didn't want to exacerbate my bug.

So far today I've eaten an egg and cheese croissant sandwich and some pasta with tofu and veggies (sounds healthy, but it's school cafeteria food, so...). Plan is some salad and an orange for dinner, and maybe a bagel with cream cheese and some berries later on. Comfort foods, yes. But I'm keepin' it within my calorie goal, so I'm too congested to care about anything else.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #95  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
Abidabbi - When I hear physics I always think of Big Bang Theory..love that show!
HaHaHa! Me too Linds!!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #96  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

OMG!! If I don't learn anything else at my WW mtgs, the new ranch dressing recipe will be worth every cent I've given those people!!! I am almost literally in HEAVEN!! It's WONDERFUL!!!! 1.5 Cups fat free cottage cheese, 1 pkg (or 3 TBSP) Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, about 1/4 Cup water.....blend in blender. YUM!!!!!!! Haven't figured the calories for it yet (it ain't much). Probably a good bit of sodium.....but OH Ranch Dressing how I have missed you!!! It tastes a little different (a little tart or something) but when you dip something in it, I can't even tell. Just had to come share!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #97  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidabbi View Post
I think a PhD is more about persistance than brains. I have spent 4 years on the same thing and I'm getting bored of it now. Just the writing up bit to get done and a few more experiments...I can't wait
Once upon a time I thought about getting my PhD, or in my case an EdD, but after living through my husban'd PhD, NO WAY!!!! While, yes, you do have to have some brains for a PhD, yes, I think it much more about being persistent than anything else.

My husband was doing a PhD in phsyics when I met him, but he left that as did almost everyone else at that time (only one in the entire Univ. Chicago system stayed to finish as the job market dissolved). He then became an actuary and later went to get his PhD in Economics and Insurance at Wharton.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #98  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
OMG!! If I don't learn anything else at my WW mtgs, the new ranch dressing recipe will be worth every cent I've given those people!!! I am almost literally in HEAVEN!! It's WONDERFUL!!!! 1.5 Cups fat free cottage cheese, 1 pkg (or 3 TBSP) Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, about 1/4 Cup water.....blend in blender. YUM!!!!!!! Haven't figured the calories for it yet (it ain't much). Probably a good bit of sodium.....but OH Ranch Dressing how I have missed you!!! It tastes a little different (a little tart or something) but when you dip something in it, I can't even tell. Just had to come share!!!!

See and now you can have a healthier dressing for the rest of your life!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #99  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Diana: That is awesome! Those videos look really, really intense! How are they?

Leaving work to go to the gym! woo hoo!

BBL tonight.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #100  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
That's really great to hear Diana

Awesome!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 192/184/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
UGHHHH THANK YOU! I have missed ranch SO much lately. It's definitely a big weakness of mine.... so seriously, thank you TONS for sharing!

Old 02-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #102  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

GainingWeightinLA Thank you, thank you, thank you for that recipe! I, too, miss ranch something fierce- and I can not stand lite or fat free ranch dressings. So thanks!

Novel I'm sorry you are having a hard time lately. I bet your new running shoes will help get you going! A little retail therapy never hurt anybody!

Kyra welcome!

vixsin congrats on the new low!

jomatho I totally agree that I need to work in more veggies. I always have at least a veggie with dinner and one with lunch, but I'm struggling with working them in snack wise. I tend towards fruits for snacking. Got any tips for me?

Also, I can't wait to see your plateau break! It's gonna happen!

LindseyLou You had asked about my gym workouts. It really depends what I'm feeling like when I get there. I always do at least 20 min of cardio, usually either the elliptical or intervals on the treadmill. I like to do 40-45 min, but sometimes I'm just proud to have gotten there, you know? Usually twice a week or so I do the weight training machines, typically focusing on core, back and arms since so much of my cardio has made solid rocks out of my legs. What do you guys do to make the most of your workout time?

Diana I'm feeling really great at 1400 calories. I started at 1200, but that was too low- I felt like I HAD to exercise every single day just to meet my food needs. At 1400, I feel satisfied, can have a snack or some chocolate or a glass of wine here or there, and can actually maintain that number of calories without working off some of it, so I don't feel bad about workout rest days. Is that pretty good? It feels good, but we'll have to see what the scale says in a week or so.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

I've got to get to the gym... just caught up on all posts and want to say I was happy to see you LaurenA and DebbieOBX. debbie- you are right. Knowing there is a group of people who care about my success makes me WANT to loose so ya'll can notice and be inspired and so I can feel good with a good report.

I'll try to do more personals later...missed my morning workout b/c I had to ake my friend to her radiation.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #104  

Still, I hear ya on trying to fit in veggies! I have a hard time too. Some days are better than others, but I do know when I have them, I get much fuller with my meals. I don't snack on them much either, maybe carrots while I am cooking dinner, I just try to get them in with my meals when I can.

DianaLa, glad you found a way to have your ranch and eat it too . I bet you have some big salads planned!

Eury, sounds like your goal is right on! I prefer a little "meat" on me too. I would never want to be bony, but I don't think I need to worry about that any time soon!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Diana - my calculations show this to be only 8 calories per 2 tbsp serving. It is very low cal for sure. My wife loves ranch dressing I will have to test this on her.

Larry,
--------
Your stomach shouldn't be a waist basket. ~Author Unknown
Closed Thread