Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Berryblondeboys: Congrats that your son noticed your loss.

Lacey: Don't get discouraged. Loss will happen again as long as you stick to it.

Diana3271: Glad to hear you are getting some sleep.

Jomatho: Running at high speed, that's awsome. I was never fast even when I was in shape. On that calculator it says my ideal body weight is 139 lbs. My goal is 143 so it's too different.

Shells: Congrats on the new low and getting out of the obese category!! Way to go!!

Diana in LA: Good to hear you will soon not need blood pressure meds. I hope you are taking regular readings to protect your health. You said that "You would think SOMEONE would've noticed a 17 lb loss besides my husband." If it's any consolation I have lost 42 punds and nobody has noticed yet.

Vixsin: Down .4 great!! I see you are from Western Mass. I used to be on the Board of Governors for the Springfield Shriners Hospital for Children.

MzJuicyD: I am rooting for you to reach that 30 pound loss mark. I know you can do it!! Doctor's used to lecture me on my weight also. I once resolved that by searching out very fat doctors to see.

I had a great day today another 2 pound loss this morning brings it down to 275. This makes it a 42 pound cumulative loss since January 6th 2011. I don't know what I am doing but I sure hope it continues.

I walked a mile today and stayed on plan for eating. 1070 cals so far and will have a snack yet.

Larry,
----------------------
Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb
Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #62  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning, y'all!

Yesterday's Info:

Exercise: LS 4 fast miles

Breakfast: Light toast, 1 tbs PB, coffee
Snack: Nuts, low carb/no sugar dark chocolate
Lunch: Big salad, pretzel sticks, hummus
Dinner: Veggie pizza on a flatbread wrap
Snack: 2 small slices of fresh bread with 1tsp of Earth Balance

Calories: 1,592

I was so very snacky yesterday! And the scale showed that this morning. Oopsie.

Last edited by shellsbrood; 02-23-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #63  

Okay, I think I am going to have to change my username to jomatho205.4!!!! Yes ladies and gent, 205.4 on the nose once again this morning. My body is definately at a set point. I did everything right yesterday, extra water, great workout, really pushed myself, ate at the middle of my calorie range at 1407, and I even ate my dinner earlier than usual around 5:30, I was getting pretty hungry when I went to bed, but I'm not much of a snacker, so I just went to bed thinking maybe it will get me over the hump. NOPE. Oh well, I still have my coffee even if the scale is a meanie.
Diana3271, I laughed out loud when I read your question! No, I don't have a 60# vest on with my workouts, I FEEL like I have a 60 pound vest on because that is the extra weight I am carrying when I try to workout. I always think to myself, if I could take this 60 pound "vest" off, I could probably run like the wind! It used to be an 85 pound "vest" though so it is getting better. I carry most of my extra weight in my chest, stomach and hips, right where a vest would go, so thats where it came from I guess. Sorry for the confusion, you must have thought I was a mad woman!

Larry, I am really not very fast either, never have been, it's just fast for me. Technically I am still probably going at a speed that would be considered jogging, not running, but thats all just logistics, right? Great job on your 2# loss! Keep up whatever you are doing, it is definately working!

DianaLa, Hey girlfriend, I only lost 0.8 last week (and none so far this week)!!! Would you rather have that number? And, if you haven't heard, I have been stalled at 205.4 for like forever!!! Kidding, a pound is great! Like I finally convinced myself, its better than not losing or even gaining, right? I know it doesn't meet your goal for the week, but you will have a bigger loss eventually and it will even it out. Somehow after 12 weeks, some small losses and some larger losses, I keep averaging out to 2# per week. I bet if you look back, count the weeks and average them, you would be pleased. It helps to look at the big picture. You know, now that I think about it, my husband is the only one who has mentioned anything about my weight loss too. My mom popped over the last two days and didn't say anything?!? Hmmmmm. Oh well, I hate weight loss compliments anyways. I want to fool myself into thinking no one noticed how fat I had gotten, like I hid it under those big clothes! HA!

Still, I think your menu sounds good! I was going to suggest more veggies since they are filling and low cal, but then I noticed you had broccoli the day before and your sub was full of veggies so I am sure you get them in. Keep up the good work.

Lauren, I have to hand it to you, dealing with your back and eating on plan. Good job not letting it sidetrack you! Hope you find relief soon!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Diana3271, I laughed out loud when I read your question! No, I don't have a 60# vest on with my workouts, I FEEL like I have a 60 pound vest on because that is the extra weight I am carrying when I try to workout. I always think to myself, if I could take this 60 pound "vest" off, I could probably run like the wind! It used to be an 85 pound "vest" though so it is getting better. I carry most of my extra weight in my chest, stomach and hips, right where a vest would go, so thats where it came from I guess. Sorry for the confusion, you must have thought I was a mad woman!
Jomatho I was thinking, 'Damn, I need to step it up a little in my exercise' Glad to know I don't have to push any harder.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #65  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Got a good workout at 10 pm last night (gotta love trying to fit it around kid's schedules). And the weight blip from yesterday is gone. New low of 240.4.

The bad news is that my kindergartener woke me up with vomiting. he came to our bed and started to vomit over my husband's (vacant) pillow this morning. I caught most of it in my hands preventing a huge disaster, but still, not a pleasant way to wake up. So, no school AGAIN for him. That means, last Wednesday Dental Surgery, half day Thursday for teacher conferences, no school Friday for teacher conferences, no school Monday for President's Day, no school yesterday for a snow day and no school today for being sick. ACK!!! So who knows what today will bring!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Larry - 42 pounds! That's amazing! Great work!

Shells - Morning y'all - I love it! Very southern. I notice I'll say that I "reckon"...my family is like huh?!?!

Jo - I'm the queen of being "stuck." I really think your body gets stuck once it's preparing to go down to the next lowest weight. It's like it's last "fight" if you will, before it gives in. For weeks I was stuck around 148 and finally, my body just let go and now I'm at 145 in a matter of a week or so. This has happened to me many times. I'd call them mini-plateaus. Unfortunately, you can't do too much about them if you're doing everything right already, you just have to be patient and try to avoid the scale if you can for a few days! You're doing great, don't forget that!!

Berry - Congrats on the new low!!!! Sorry the kiddo is sick.

Last edited by LindseyLou; 02-23-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

coffee coffee coffee
because i am
tired tired tired.....
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #68  

Oooh, I just realized my math was wrong, I am wearing a 50# "vest", not 60! HeHe.

Lindsey, thanks for the encouragement! I used to have much more patience. I am starting to notice a pattern like this right before TOM, but a whole week to 10 days before seems excessive. Oh well, just have to keep on keeping on!!

Berry, I have caught many a puke in my hands, that's love! Don't understand why those kids can't run to the bathroom instead of the bedside! Hope it runs a quick course, and I hope you don't get it. Get out the disinfectant! I'll never forget one time we were in the car with the kids and my sister in law was with us, sitting in the 3rd row behind the kids. My yougest used to always get car sick and he threw up, she caught it in her hands and she just sat there, leaning over the seats, holding this puke, looking at me (I was in the passenger seat) like, "what do I do now?". We still laugh about that today! Ick!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #69  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Argh! Post got lost in the world wide web.

Cliffs Notes version: eating was cleanish today except planned ice cream from Baskin Robbins. 1500 calories ish. exercise good, about 50 min walking, Tae Bo cardio, 50 pushups and 100 crunches and planks.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #70  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Jomatho - I know, things you never thought you do that becomes something normal. I felt a little bad for getting a bit upset for him coming to our bed KNOWING he was vomiting, (I found a puddle in the hallway on the way to our room). We now have the vomit bowl by his side and that's caught the last two rounds. Poor kid. So, I'll just sit beside him today on the couch and keep myself busy on the laptop.

And those stalls - they stink. I was stuck at 5 pounds loss for 10 days. I was like, "really? I've only been at this for 2.5 weeks and I'm ALREADY stalling? For real?" And then the next five came off in less than a week. So weird how the body does that!

Larry - You are doing so fantastic!!!

Stacygee - hope the coffee helps!

Lindsey - woohoo on 145 and have a good breakfast for me!

Krampus - yay on a good day!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-23-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi ladies and gent, I hope to be able to catch up with you all sometime at the end of the week just trying to get some serious thesis written this week...

Yesterday was great, changed the plan for dinner we went out and I had chicken, corn on ze cob and spicy peas...I decided chips were off for me and I'm glad I decided against them. I was quite proud of myself actually ^.^

Tonight is running night, was going to go out mid-day but it's pouring! I don't mind running in the rain but I'll see if it calms down out there. I've decided to step up my training a big step today. So I will do my 2x15 mins with the 2min brisk walking break and then try for one more circuit after a 2 min brisk walking break. Hopfully that will mean 40 mins jogging which equates to about 400 cals.

B - Two large slices of toast (400)
L - got up so late B is effectively L
D - grilled turkey with tex mex marinade, rice and mixed veggies

I hope everyone has a lovely, OP day, much love x
Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I have been away for 2 weeks, and i so need to get back on track. I was on a cruise, and spent an extra week in Florida.

My first few days back from anywhere and getting started again are SO important. Today is day one! PLEASE keep my in your thoughts....Thank YOU.

I will catch up during the day, and i will journal.

I MISSED EVERYONE....

Ticker will be adjusted

xxxooo debbie
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Hey guys! Quick check in... ate around 1400 yesterday, weighed in at 126, I'm going to keep at 1400 and see where it takes me!

Normal HIIT workout yesterday, but my ankles feel "iffy" so I think I'll bike today? Would that or eliptical be better on my ankles? Alternatively I could do walk the treadmill at a super high incline.

Berry... I hope your little boy feels better! I had to catch some puke in my hand yesterday - from my little pup! I'm pretty sure she ate too fast before running around playing with my roommate's dog.

Krampus... glad you had a great day!

Larry... Congrats on the 2lb loss, what you're doing is staying committed!!!

Anyways, law school still kicking my butt until March 4th (paper due) and 5th (national ethics exam), but after that, spring break! I'm staying in Nashville, can't go anywhere because I need to save for Italy, so I hope it is warm here that week!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 168/139/130

Height: 5'8"

Today.......

B- Porridge (half water/half milk) with dried fruit mhmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum
L- Squash soup

Planned...
D- Left over soup and chicken salad
Maybe some raspberries as a snack?

And I've done 45 mins weight training this morning and a long hike up a hill with my doggy. Now hitting the books......
Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #75  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, so I'm changing my ticker anyway. Yesterday morning I weighed (as usual) and the scales read 216.2. Last night at weigh in they read 217.2. This morning they read 216.0. I think I'm safe moving them to 216 now. I think I'm just gonna start going by my scales for ticker since I weigh on them EVERY day in the morning and only once a week in the evening on WW scales, which are constantly broken down and put away. Mine sit in the same spot all the time except when I put fresh batteries in them. What do you guys think? It seems obvious to me that the scales are atleast moving....

Anyway, Larry, I just have to say YOU ROCK!! Over 40 lbs in less than two months?!?! Oh how lucky you are to be a man, at least when it comes to weight loss anyway! Congrats!! You've worked hard for it. You deserve it!!

Krampus, that's a smokin' workout, girl!! WOW!!

Berryblondeboys, I hate throw up. I've almost done it WITH my kids. Hope your little one is better soon. Hopefully it's a 18-24 hour thing. When I was 7, I had a stomach virus that lasted over a week....we're talking throwing up several times a day for over a week. I've hated throw up ever since then! lol

Jomatho, I have days where I do really well with veggies and some days are just off. Yesterday was a so so day, I guess. I do eat a salad almost every day, though. I'd never thought of hoping no one notices because maybe it meant they didn't notice how overweight I was to begin with. lol Good point! My son did hear me telling my husband last night that no one had noticed....he piped up and said, "Mom, you CAN tell...you've lost quite a bit....your belly is a lot smaller!" He's a good boy, even if he was only trying to make me feel better! I think my FIL noticed yesterday, but like I said on here a while back, I don't think he'll say anything because last time he said something about it, I got off plan like a week later and I think he felt responsible because he "noticed" I had lost. Yesterday, he kept looking me up and down while I was talking to him. You have to know him....he doesn't do that--I'm hoping he noticed and just didn't say anything.

You are sooooo close to onederland. What a stinky place for a stall! It's soooo hard to push thru times like this.....but I've lost almost 20 now....if you're like me, no WAY are you giving up NOW! You're toooooooo close!! It'll come for both of us....

Well folks, I'm going to finish my oatmeal and get started with my busy day. blec! I really just wanna crawl back in bed and sleep. Have a GREAT day everyone!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-23-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread