Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #31  

I am so glad I found this thread because I have had that feeling all too often. What works best for me is writing the goals and posting them up where I can see them everyday. Also, I read something today that resounded with me--what stops some of us from staying motivated is this sense that we will never change, that we are inherently lacking willpower, and that once we screw up we might as well throw in the towel. Change is the only constant and I just believe in basic ideas like that and shut up the voice in my head that says I will fail. I don't overthink it--I get up and start walking before the voice can stop me from changing.

It's great to read so many encouraging posts
bluecrystal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 237/222/130

When it comes to motivation, it's almost as though you have to trick your mind a little too sometimes. Perception is everything! I really like what one of the earlier posters said about looking at this journey from a perspective of adding new habits rather than subtracting things or depriving yourself.

And its great that you motivated yourself to exercise for 20 minutes! Even on the days when you put in 5 minutes, instead of feeling guilty, remind yourself that you at least did SOMETHING toward your goals. I really think that its all about doing something, however small it may seem, every day to help us achieve our goals. How we "perceive" our efforts goes a long way to helping keep us on track.

Believe me, I suck at motivating myself too! I have a long road ahead of me, and starting is always the hardest part. Good for you for reaching out and finding a way to inspire yourself.
righteousbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

Wink

thanks girls! I was proud of myself for excersizing that 20 mins because i actually pushed myself! and every single one of yall that responded to my thread inspire me! Thank you guys again! Yall are so great
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #34  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

You all inspire me. I've read through most of the posts and have found great advice, and witnessed very determined women.

Thank you for sharing!
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote