Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Anne- It is good to hear from you! Get back on plan! I have just barely been losing, but losing is losing. This summer I am really going to push myself to lose a little better.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #107  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI TEAM!

I am home for the week-end....

I have a new plan for this out of town stuff...

will visit again tomorrow!

I promise!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #108  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM

Well I headed out of town at 2:45am last Monday at 188

At least this morning I am at 187 ..... not great but better

To be honest I am not that upset on my weight considering for the last 5 months I have not been home much during the week and then Friday night is always date night for Angie and I where we usually go out to dinner.

Our company has an apartment the guys share between 2 of our big jobs but if it is too crowded where I can walk to a Trader Joe's and a few other places where healthier meals are possible....however, right now it is too crowded so my boss has me and my crew stay in one of the hotels....better sleeping conditions but the closest place to eat, right next door, is a pretty reasonable restaurant that gives you large portions of everything! If Angie and I were eating there I would bring 1/2 home but since our fridge is a hotel size box one and I share the room with my brother in law it is difficult to find space in it since we keep our lunch stuff and my beer in it....

leaving me with the only (baloney) solution and that is to eat the entire meals...leaving me most nights feeling like a stuffed

I am seriously .... hope that is not a (baloney) statement come this time next week ... going to really try to make better choices under the above conditions....I am...honest...no really!...I am!!!

Got the goldens over to the beach yesterday for 4 miles and a nice breakfast at the beach cafe with my wife

I am spending as much time as possible with that GRANDbaby X a bazillion

I can't thank you enough TEAM for keeping us alive here when I am out of town....

I really need this to help me be accountable to myself!

BRAT ~ I am glad you got back to WW online I hope you are feeling much better by now

TOOBIG ~ Great job on the 70!

ANNE ~ Great to have you stopping by and re-motivating

JEN ~ I hope all is well with you and the little one

Be good TEAM...be good....

You mean the world to me and that is no baloney!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I'm sorry guys! I've seriously been slacking here myself! I'm up to 213.6. Whoops! Just goes to show I cannot eat what I WANT for a weekend. I ordered pizza from pizza hut since it's been a good couple of months since I got some from there and yikes I should have ordered an individual pizza since my hubby is gone to Minnesota and it was just me eating the pizza! So I had pizza for lunch and dinner 2 and half days in a row! No wonder I'm up to 213.6! I've also been experimenting with food but have found some recipes I think I can eat on plan. I also made a diabetic friendly dessert with splenda, reduced fat butter, reduced fat crescent rolls and reduced fat cream cheese and it's not bad! It's not as rich but still satisfactory. I am actually OFF WW now. I did some research and figured out that insulin resistant people who also have PCOS often respond better to a low carb diet. So I got my refund from them and started a low-carb low calorie diet. It has been HARD giving up bread and carbs like rice and potatoes. It is such a habit to eat some kind of potato or dinner roll or mac and cheese as a side dish at dinner time etc. But I found some articles that say that IR people essentially convert all those starchy carbs to sugar then to fat which makes total sense now! It is really making me focus on fruit and veggies. I am actually having a hard time meeting my calorie goals daily due to it. But I am not HUNGRY either at 1200 calories like I thought I would be! So it's been good. I found some awesome diet/lifestyle change blogs started by some ladies who have some of the same issues that I have. I have also started looking at the PCOS support forum that is on here as well. So I am using them to guide me.

EZMONEY- I think you need to cut yourself a break! You are at a good weight for your height. You work so hard and travel so much and it is hard to stay on plan when you don't have access to a full kitchen. You seem also very aware of your issues. I think awareness is also key to maintaining and losing as well. :-)

So glad everyone is doing well. I get to go pick up my husband at the airport today. It's been a bit lonely in the evenings here at home without him. He went to Minnesota to visit his grandmother who has been very ill and just had a weekend family visit with a lot of relatives he had not seen in four years. Have a great Sunday everyone!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #110  

I am so excited I am practically dancing!!! I finally moved past the evil plateau of 212 that I've been stuck at for 2 months now! I have been doing a lower calorie plan of 1200 cals and really watching my carbs and starches for about a week now. I am finally down to 211.2. It's not much but I will take it finally! Have a great day!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 05-04-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #111  

Brat- WAY TO GO!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #112  

toobig-Thanks.. I weighed in today again at 211.2. So it is not a fluke! YAY. How are you doing?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #113  

For some reason I can not get out of the 190s. Is this just weird head stuff? I have no idea what my problem is
Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #114  

Toobig-You might have to change what you're doing. I've been stuck at 212 for over two months. Took me dropping to 1200 calories and changing and reducing my carbs to get out of it. The number 212 was definitely playing head games with me! HUGS!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #115  

Brat- I have been thinking about dropping my carbs some. I eat mostly carbs and stay full so I am nervous about dropping them but something has to change. My birthday is next Monday and I would really like to have seen 189.5 on the scale but this morning I have bounced up to 192.5. Any hints on dropping carbs?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #116  

Toobig-I'm new to the low carb thing so I'm still learning! But I am getting the majority of my carbs from fruits and veggies so that is how I am staying full on such a low calorie diet plus plenty of protein. No potatoes, no white rice, no pasta and no corn. I also started measuring out my portions ex: brown rice 1/4 of a cup. I am watching sugar intake and switching to a lot of natural pricier stuff that does not have sugar in it like yogurt. For example, I LOVE yogurt but a lot of yogurt products out there have an insane amount of both sugar and carbs. I figured out that I am going to probably have to switch to plain all natural yogurt to get the least amount of sugar. For my insulin resistance issue, sugar and carbs are a big no no and essentially get converted to fat in my body. I am also even reading research that is saying that milk is a no-no for people like me since milk actually has a good amount of sugar! Everything just seems to have hidden sugar in it. I went off plan this past weekend due to needing to go to the grocery store and didn't track my sugar and carbs and I am actually up again! So I definitely think there is something behind tracking carbs and sugars for me at least. The big thing for me has been since I am reducing my sugar and my carb intake.. I feel better.. My energy seems more level and even... and I really am losing my cravings.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 05-09-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #117  

Thanks for the tips! I really started this morning trying to be careful of the carbs. Is there a certain number you are trying to stay under? I see " 100 grams" thrown around and that seems low to me? Do you food journal?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #118  

Toobig- No problem for the tips. Take what I say with a grain of salt though since I am a newbie too at this new plan! :-) I have seen a number like "100 grams" thrown around too in regards to tracking carbs. I just have made it simple for right now just by cutting out starchy carbs like pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, etc. Definitely no Italian food for now! :-)I'm not far enough yet in my research to know what number grams of carbs works for me and I don't trust myself quite yet due to lack of knowledge. I actually brought my own veggies to my family Easter get together a couple of weeks ago just to help. First time I have done that and they were surprised at it but it looks like it will be necessary for me to do that from now on since there's often not even a healthy salad offered at my family get togethers and just a ton of carbs and starches there. I'm not doing Atkins either since I refuse to give up fruit and the induction level looks way too low at 20g plus I'm leery of all the fat in that plan that it encourages. I am tracking and starting to do food journaling of sorts in my own blog. I am also using myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and other nutrients. I have found and figured out that I have NO comprehension of what 1200 calories really is and I go over it really easily if I don't use it daily. I really like that website so far. I'm also using a ton of weight loss blogs to help me as well, both for information and for inspiration as well. I'm kind of intrigued by the Paleo diet and have bought books to read on that recently. It's been very interesting. I have got to go grocery shopping tomorrow since I have been off plan for the last 3 days and I can just tell in how my tummy feels!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #119  

Brat- I did manage to stay under 100 on the first day but 167 yesterday. I feel you on the needing to shop! We got theses kids in Jan. and it seems like all I have done since then is shop, cook, and eat. I am using myfitnesspal on my iphone and I really like it. On a positive note my weigh in was 190.5 this morning so I am back to my low weight. Hope you have a great day.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #120  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I've been thinking about you guys a lot. Congrats on the grandbaby, EZ!

Truth be told I've been so stinking sad that I barely leave my room. My doc put me on meds so hopefully I'll start to feel normal again. I can't wait to run.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote