Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jendiet-Thanks for the prayers. I greatly appreciate them.. Oh I know absolutely that it is dysfunctional grieving and that it is not healthy. It is very hard though for ME to grieve in a healthy way when I am being constantly dumped on. There are quite a few things that have happened with this particular relative and me and my mom. My mom and her at one point were even estranged due to money that went mysteriously missing in their joint account that still to this day has not been paid back. As soon as my mom died, she was able to go out and buy a house instead of honoring my mother's last wishes and continue the debt payments to ME. She also sent me a very ugly letter to me after my mom's funeral saying what a bad daughter I was for not quitting my job and taking care of my mom full time. I could not afford to quit my job at the time. I would have LOVED to have done that and spent more time with my mom. I would have done it in a heartbeat if I could have. I have quite frankly considered cutting off contact with her at times since she just disturbs me so much. Half the time I leave not feeling good after I've visited her. I am trying to be a good relative to HER though.

It's wonderful to hear about Baby! :-) Don't worry about the weight gain. And don't hurt yourself gardening! Prayers too for your mom.

Have a nice night!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

you are very welcome blonde. What a terrible situation and what an UGLY thing to say to you. i would ask God to help you forgive and not have that much contact with her. I would also ask God to speak to her heart about her actions.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #63  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

I have been gone for how long and we are still eating bologna? Any why since I was last here I am now down to 210. I also have my mood under control. That was all over the place and now that I have that under control things are starting to get better over here and I am starting to lose once again.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #64  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I will catch up tomorrow!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM ~

WOW! So good to see Jen and Mrsaugie back And so happy the babies are doing well too ...in and out of the tummies! My GRANDdaughter will be coming end of this month

I took off for Beverly Hills last week at 185 and returned at 186 so not too bad. There is a Trader Joe's within walking distance of the apartment we stay in so I plan to do most of my dinners from there. Although there are other not so healthy choices just as close I will, as always, make my own lunches....soup and sandwich.

I saw a new doctor this past week for a physical, she is a bit holistic. She wants me to eat protein every 3 hours as my blood work shows I am borderline pre-diabetic. She has me lowering my lipitor and a few other things...also is concerned about my borderline BP She wants me to lower my carbs too....dang!

I was able to get a couple of miles in during the week and Angie and I did 3 today and will do more tomorrow at the beach...glorious weather here this week-end

I feel so out of touch with everyone working so much out of town I miss my wife and puppies....I miss my 3FC and FB friends since I don't take a computer with me....I miss my daughter who is over in Italy for a little vacation....my son who is busy with coaching track (he is the high school he teaches at track teams boys coach) and I miss my GRANDdaughter....

Well I would if she was here

BRAT ~ Just be polite with that relative and keep as little as contact as necessary. You don't need people like that in your life...they are toxic! Pray for her and move on....

JEN ~ So glad to see the baby doing well in that tummy and that you are still in school! Prayers going up for your mom

MRSAUGIE ~ Yep we are STILL eating bologna...but with a little luck and support we just may move onto some steak

TOOBIG ~ KAT ~ ANNE ~ MARGIE ~ all MIA's... I hope all is well

Hold down the fort TEAM...I may return this week...may not....but I will be home by next week-end for sure.....

Be good and my prayers are with you all
Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #66  

Hey Gary! yay for a grandaughter. Can't wait for your blessing. My guy is due in 60 more days. I just put up the crib and sidecarred it to my bed--total cosleeper believer. ugh, my house, room, everything is a mess, plus, i want to start planting. i got SEEDS.

Gary, my numbers actually categorize me as a pre-diabetic, but since i am preggo. it is GD for me. That distinction makes it alot harder to lose weight, but with some knowledge, you can do it. yes, watch the carbs. I found my numbers are great during the day...but i can not eat a sweet thing at night...my numbers are too high in the morning if I do. I do a little bit of chamomile tea and honey, and my numbers still look good...but anything else and blah in the morning.

hope you have fun on your trips. Thanks for sticking with the team!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #67  

Jendiet and EZMONEY-Thanks for the hugs and prayers. I so appreciate them. I am still conflicted about the situation since there are a lot of mixed emotions which I'm sure you guys can understand. You guys are not the first ones to say what you have said though. It is just a very hard decision. My husband has basically said he supports me if I decide to cut off contact since he cannot get over her behavior towards me and he has never said that about anyone before. She is not a big part of my daily life at all so that's partly why I've been so reluctant to make any changes.

I am not doing so well. I decided to try to do something with a friend of mine. We were trying a new tactic in our weight loss journey since we read how soups can be really beneficial to weight loss lol. It's not going so well and today I told my friend that I was going to go back to what I was doing before. We were trying to do a soup type thing and eat soup with lots of veggies for lunch every day. Just not my thing and it has not been filling me up exactly so I've been eating MORE to compenstate. So I'm done. Everybody is different and if she likes soup and it fills her up then good for her! It just doesn't work for me. So hopefully I get back on the right track soon. Today I was back up to 214.8 due to all the extra eating I've been doing since I have been so hungry and not feeling satisfied. Going to go back to eating lots of protein and having small amounts of protein at every meal and even with my snacks. Have a good night!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi TEAM ~

Well I went off to 90210 this week at 186 and returned the same...that is good since I ate out every meal, but at least 2 were Trader Joe's salads and wraps.

I did eat at The Habit twice though, one night a burger and fries and the other a tuna fillet sandwich and sweet potato fries.

I was able to get some miles in walking around the neighborhood where we stay and also got 4 in this morning with Angie and the mutts with our Starbucks walk.

BRAT ~ I have really had to add protein to my diet...doctors orders! I have soup 5 days a week for lunch, it is either Chunky Campbell's or Progresso though, I try to lean towards the healthier ones...but not always. I keep a good stock on hand since I buy them only when they are on sale for a $1 a can.

TEAM I will continue to be out of town for most of the next 3 weeks or so but will check in when I come home....BE GOOD!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #69  

blonde, good for you for figuring out that you don't want to do a soup diet, and it's not working for you. Friends have good intentions, and least it is not a crazy crash diet of all soups or something.

Gary, miss our leader.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #70  

Well I am back down to 212.4 after almost a week of doing my diet MY way again and not the soup way. I have been feeling more satisfied again with what I'm eating. I still really want to hit 210 soon badly. It has been my weekly goal for two weeks now and I have not gotten it. Went out to eat way too much these last 4 days. I have a lot of friends in town from California and other areas of Texas right now visiting. Otherwise I would not be able to afford to go see them. It has been so good visiting and seeing them. Some of these friends are my parent's high school friends that now invite me out with their group to check in on me and I have really needed it this past year. I have been really good half the time that I've gone out and gotten grilled chicken salads and looked up menus online and knowing what I'm going to order when I get there and planned my whole food day around the restaurant meal. It has been HARD ordering all this stuff and then everyone else's plates around me look so yummy but half of it's fried or so greasy. But everyone has been very supportive and understanding. I am going out to lunch AGAIN tomorrow with a girlfriend. We are going to Panera Bread and I will be looking up their online menu and researching what to order before I go. Then Friday I am going out of town and going to visit my best girlfriend for the weekend. She just got her own house and will not be having to share a kitchen with two other roommates so I asked her this time if we could please stay in more and use her kitchen to cook to help save money and to help me with my weight loss. So I am trying to plan plan plan ahead! It's a lot of work to say the least! Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan. Let's goo TEAM!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Just wanted to say HI! Everything here is ok, just busy.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi TEAM ~

Still in Beverly Hills for a few more weeks then I will be closer where I will come home every day. Maybe I can catch up then. Being home for the week-end doesn't leave me much computer time when it seems like I spend 1/2 the week-end getting ready to go back out of town...wild!

My weight is just up to 187 so that isn't too bad considering I am doing all my eating for dinner out...but a lot of that is Trader Joe's wraps and salads...I can walk to one in under 3 minutes...how cool is that!

Too bad (for my diet) they sell beer there...lol.

My GRANDdaughter is due Tuesday....saw my dil and son at church today, she is ready!! If she comes I will come home and post it!

Well ladies...until I have more time...lay off the bologna! and BE GOOD! Hugs and prayers ~ Gary
Old 03-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I came home last night because the doctor told my dil my GRANDbaby was coming last night...

nope...

and so far not today...because Angie and I took the day off....

she is going to be difficult....

and I am blaming her for the bag of chips and the nuts I ate on the way home yesterday afternoon in rush!...NOT!!! rushing anywhere traffic for the false alarm...

I hope that doctor gives her a good spanking when she arrives...wink....

All is well....doctor said he really thought she was coming last night....

baby watch continues....

Be good TEAM!!...we will have a new member soon!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #74  

I am not doing so hot. I do apologize for my lack of posting. Been very busy. Am up to 213.6. Was up to 215 due to Aunt Flo visiting me but am back down some. Am dealing with legal issues now with my mom's estate. So I've been incredibly stressed out and stress+me= eating more to comfort myself. Not a good combo. I may have to hire a lawyer and I'm not sure if I can afford that. I've had to go through boxes of my mom's stuff and that's been hard finding cards and pictures and things like that. So I've been real emotional. I've been working out in order to blow off some steam and some of the stress I've had so it's helping. I'm trying to maintain the healthy habits I have. So hopefully the scale goes back down soon.

EZMONEY-Baby watch ooh! That is always so much fun and so exciting! You will have to tell us the stats of the baby when she is here! HUGS! Hope she comes soon since it sounds like she's taking her sweet time! :-)

To the rest of the team-Hope all is well! Have a good night.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Baby watch is sooooo cool!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote