Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 04:24 PM   #46  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

It is okay Kempy, You can always start fresh. Plus you have 23 days before the next temptation to get back to where you want to be. You can do it girl.

Jen, I am keeping your family in my thoughts and hoping all works out.

Chris, where the heck are ya?????
Old 12-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #47  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

I've gained back 3 pounds, and haven't done real great today. I went to the Doc to see about this friggin' cold I've had for 2 weeks now, and he gave me some meds. Hope that works. Ex Hubby's tumor is bigger than they thought, and a little deeper, so they have to put him to sleep all the way instead of the twilight kind. That's still on for Wednesday. They thin it may be wrapping around the top of the spine, but not into the brain yet. I hope when they get in there, it turns out ok.

I have to bake cupcakes tomorrow night to send with my boy to school. Wish me luck on that.... with the cooking and the nibbling.

Keep on truckin' Kempy, You and I can get back in the saddle. Just think how well Angie is doing, and that we can't let her butt shrink faster than ours! LOL

Come back to us CHRIS!!

Angie - I forgot to say how cute your puppy pics are. Loved 'em.

Happy Monday Night.....
Jen
Old 12-03-2002, 07:11 AM   #48  
Finally Fit!

I am SOOO back!!!! Okay, I've got so much to talk about. seeing how my family is so disfunctional, codependent, and hateful to each other. I'll have to catch myself up in my journal. I think I"ll do each day.. yeah, it was that busy! The drive back was much longer than the one getting there. Doggies was good. Nephew (4 yrs) is of course... a terror! Sister was hateful to everyone, mostly me, since I lost almost 50 pounds,a nd that makes her feel aweful. She treated me like dirt, until the last hug. That's when she decided to be nice. Good timing, huh? Mom was precious! I love rher so,a nd she's my rock. It was all worth it to be with her. I did say something nice to my sister, like I prmosed myself. Got it on videotape... had to keep it. It'll only happen once. We both cried, and hugged. That was nice. Actually lost 5 pounds! Ever ytime theyt all started fighting, Chris and I (hubby) , yeah, we're both Chris. We took a walk. Guess all the stress came to my advantage! We're exhauseted, doing laundry to catch up, unpacking the car. You name it, we're doing it. Slept like a baby last night. I gotta get a shower and get back to work. Talk to ya later girls! Cheer up.... gaining in the holiday season is part of the fight!!!!! You're all still beautiful...
Old 12-03-2002, 10:17 AM   #49  

I am still here I am just tring to get myself caught up after being gone for 5 days. I promise I will post a book when I am all caught up. I miss you guys! I'll be back later.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:24 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Congrats on the weight loss Chris!!! What does that put you at now? I got my elliptical machine today. It has iFIT. I can't wait to try it out. I need to do my whole workout tonight because I went to Bangor to get the elliptical this morning.

Kempy, I will catch you on here one time or another. LOL

Jen, how did everything work out on your E H MRI?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:32 PM   #51  
Finally Fit!

Hey ANgie: That puts me at 210/160/150.. can ya belive it? I sure can't. I"m still me though. Same issues, just less of me.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:35 PM   #52  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I know what you mean about same issues. When I got to 130 last time I was shocked to learn that my appetite hadn't decreased too much. You are doing awesome.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:43 PM   #53  

Hey guys! Hopefully I will be in the same position as you guys. I think I am letting my life get in the way of losing any weight. I felt terrible getting on the scale yesterday. I knew I ate alot but WOW!!!

Joe is coming to get my car to trade it in. I have only had the thing for a yeaar and a half but he hates to drive it. He is so used to his truck he feels small in my car. I am kind of emotional about it. I love that car. I don't know why I am this way, it is just a piece of machinery. I guess tonight I will be driving home in a new truck. Yikes! Me in a truck! We had an Explorer but that seemed a little diffrent.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:50 PM   #54  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

What kind of truck are you getting? We have a Dodge Durango and I love it. It is black with chrome on the bottoms of the doors and of course Jay had to get the chrome rims and brush guard. It is his dream car.Well that and a corvette. LOL. I don't drive so I don't need a car. I get too nervous when I do so I just stopped bothering.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:13 PM   #55  

We got a Ford ZX4. He had to have the Lariat package. We can't do anything normal. lol My car was a 2001 Honda Accord coupe. I guess I won't be driving that anymore. Who knows what Joes dream car is. I think it changes daily. lol He brought it by work after he bought it and I really do like it. I kept making comments like I hope it fits in the garage. He said if it doesn't we will just have to move. That made me giggle a little.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #56  

Now that I have an evening alone I will be able to chat with you guys.

Thanksgiving was good but it got old really quick. We had about 18 people in one house with a big beroom in the back that can sleep 11. We had one full bathroom and one half bath. The one full bath doesn't have a vent so after your shower you can't get dressed in there b/c it is soooo hot. Getting dressed in a small 1/2 bath is not the easiest thing to do. One of the other bad things is that you are never alone. One day everyone was down at the lake so I snuck back inside and read a magazine and took a nap. There really wasn't to much sleeping b/c of all of the snoring going on. Being that close a pillow over your head can't stop the sound.

I had fun but I can tell you that I was glad to be back home.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:54 PM   #57  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies! Kempyd said I should join you here for some motivation in my battle of the bulge. I was going to say hello last week but Thanksgiving got in the way...and I'm having a difficult time getting back on track. I've been "lurking" and reading your posts but haven't really sat down to say hi. Anyway, a little about me. First off, I noticed you all are pretty much on the east coast. I on the other hand am in Hawaii (I know, it's tough living here, but hey, somebody's gotta do it) and am quite a few hours behind. But that said, I am still committed to losing this weight and am grateful for this site and forum with its opportunities to vent and to get motivated by other gals and guys. I've kinda sorta been following a Slim Fast plan since 10/24/02. I've lost 15 lbs so far and am feeling better. I must say that I'm losing the drive and need to get back into gear real soon.
SvelteChicky: You are awesome! You are where I want to be.
angieME: You too! On a downward trend (in a good way) and still going
Kempyd: Thanks for inviting me here. You are a brave soul who works in a place where I only dream of going (and that would be a bad dream) LOL
If i've missed anybody I'm sorry but hello to all of you and hope you don't mind me "barging in" in your party. I've always been a "crasher"...parties/sleeping/dieting... Anyway, please help me stay afloat in this journey and I will do my best to motivate you too, even if you don't need it. Thanks.
Regards,
Noelle
Old 12-03-2002, 09:05 PM   #58  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle, welcome. You sound like you are doing great so far.How much more do you want to lose? I would love to see Hawaii. My husband is fascinated with Volcanoes. The warm weather must be great too. We hit a high of 12 degrees here today. I have the heat on 75 and I am still freezing as I sit here. LOL
Old 12-03-2002, 09:59 PM   #59  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Angie, oh yeah, my stats...
Height: 5' 3"
SW: 215
CW: 200
Mini-Goal: 194 by 12/14/02 (b-day)
Final Goal: 150
The final goal may change if all goes well. I just chose that as a number that I know I could be comfortable with...not too fat, not too thin. I've always been heavy and am finally getting old enough to know that I CAN do something about it and wise enough to actually do it. Thanks for the welcome.
Also, we had a low of 68 degrees and a high of 79 today...pretty beautiful day. Here's sending some Hawaiian sunshine your way .
Old 12-04-2002, 06:53 AM   #60  
Finally Fit!

HI NOelle... Melikalikimaka... is Hawaii's way to have a very merryi christmas day.. am I right? Cuz our family, every year, watches national Lampoons Christmas Vacation.. as tradition, and we all sing that song... I'm not gonna sing anymore for ya, but figured i'd sahre our little funny connection. hey, this battle of the bulge as so many puit it, is rough. One slip up, and you usually quit. I have. I'm not perfect by far. In fact, I'm saving some clothes, since I may end up gaingin a little weight back, since my body probably would prefer to be a little bigger than this. You know, body's comfortable weight thing. I"m not skinny, but noticably, for me, smaller. I pray I can keep it all off, but I"m going day by day. As it gets colder (our high here in Maryland last ight was 15).... it's so hard to bundle up like that and walk. Then there's the wind. I just don't know how I"ll manage through the winter, but I"m praying. In Hawaii, you guys have the most scrumptious foods.. I bet if you look to traditional foods, that have fruits and veggies in it, you'll do fine. Such a beautiful and exotic location to be dieting... what a nightmare....stick around, and we'll lift you up... You can do it!!!

Kempy: Don't let life throw you off track. You are a strong woman, and you can do this.

Jenny: Still feeling icky? Poor thing. Wish we could crash your house and bring you soup. Girlfriend soup.

Angie: Funny girl with your cars. I have a silver 2002 Ford Focus Wagon.. aren't I domesticated?
Closed Thread