Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #61  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

I've had an unusual week. I'm in Las Vegas visiting with an old friend (well, ex-husband--long story). Tuesday was my travel day, and we had dinner at a nice restaurant for which friend had a $100 comp. I ate a lot of delicious food--didn't end up stuffed, but I was rather full. I estimated that the meal was 1500 calories, total of 2600 for the day.

Yesterday, I ate two fiber bars for breakfast and had lunch at a super-favorite Mexican restaurant. Then friend had a coupon for two free buffets at an excellent buffet. Estimated calories: 300 + 1200 + 1500. With a "debt" from before, plus 2800 extra calories for Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm now in debt for 3500 calories.

I'm debating whether to "write it off". If I do, it will be the third time in two years that I've written off about a pound, and I think I can still make it to goal by the end of the year.

While I'm not a "foodie", there are certain foods I can only eat when I'm in certain locations, and I think I can indulge in them without getting seriously derailed. I can honestly say that all of the food I ate the last two days was worth it. I think I'm threading the needle by not feeling guilty, but simulatenously realizing that this has to be a very rare occurrence.

I'm going to try hard to stay reasonably on plan today and tomorrow (my travel day back home).

Good luck today, everyone!
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #62  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Wellllll, curiosity got the best of me and I got on the scale....

.....and it was 128.2. Up a couple pounds, but still quite comfortably within maintenance. And I can feel that my tummy is still full, so I'm sure some of that will <ahem> be "passed" over the next day or two. And my engagement ring that is normally quite loose is actually tight, so I'm absolutely retaining some major water.

As I said, a few days of eating clean light food and regular exercise, my weight will be exactly where it stated
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #63  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

Good job, Megan!

I weighed in today at 149, about two pounds up from Monday. I expect that about a pound of that is "real". My current calorie debt is about 4000. I decided I'm not going to write it off--at least not yet, and not the whole thing. I'm going to make a good-faith effort to pay it back, and perhaps write off whatever is left when I get to goal.

Hope everyone else had a good holiday and is doing whatever is best for them to get back on plan.
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote