Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractSilver View Post
ugh, I've been on a plateau it seems since the beginning. I lost 8 lbs and went from being obese to overweight in one week- and haven't lost anything since then. I excersice, I eat right... no weight loss. I am just sticking to plan and working out though, even though I haven't lost any weight I am still losing inches.
Okay. Maybe a little tweaking is in order.

How long haven't you lost anything in??? How many weeks have past since that first week? And when you say that you *eat right*, what does that mean? What does your plan consist of? Maybe we can help you to decipher what's going on here and get things moving again.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

If I'm honest with myself, pretty much all of my stalls have been psychological. I just lost momentum and haven't been putting in the same amount of work. There is no "this is when you'll hit your stall." It's different for everyone (IF you even have one). I hit one after 5 lbs and another after 55 lbs. But, for me, it isn't my body that's the problem.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 10-24-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/222/150

Height: 5'8"

I follow Weight Watchers. I get 22 points a day and I generally speed walk about 45 minutes a day. It has been about... 4 weeks since I lost that weight and still haven't managed to lose anything. I have lost about 5 inches around my belly, but the scale doesn't move. ><

I try to stay away from things that are processed and/or have too much sodium in them. I also try and eat at least 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies a day. I mean, I am losing a tiny bit per week (half a pound or less) ... but not nearly as much as I would like to.
AbstractSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractSilver View Post
I follow Weight Watchers. I get 22 points a day and I generally speed walk about 45 minutes a day. It has been about... 4 weeks since I lost that weight and still haven't managed to lose anything. I have lost about 5 inches around my belly, but the scale doesn't move. ><

I try to stay away from things that are processed and/or have too much sodium in them. I also try and eat at least 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies a day. I mean, I am losing a tiny bit per week (half a pound or less) ... but not nearly as much as I would like to.
Have you stayed within your allotted points for all of those 4 weeks? Doesn't WW give you extra points? Perhaps that's at issue. And maybe the quality of your points needs to be looked at. Veggies, veggies, veggie, protein, protein, protein... they're weight loss power houses.

It also may be a good time to add in some strength training along with the walking.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I haven't managed to stay 100% on plan for more than 5 days in a row, so I can't blame anyone or anything but me for my "stalls" which are actually "me not trying hard enough."

Like people have already said though, if you are sticking to your plan consistently, you WILL lose, rate of loss ESID (every situation is different). Getting discouraged and giving up will result in nothing but disappointing rebound gains.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote