Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I don't have any specific mantras, maybe "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" but that's been aped by pro-eating disorder nutters for a while now. I like to look at this picture of Halle Berry and tell myself that if I keep eating and exercising right, I could look like her.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
"Eat less and exercise more, you fat f**k."

."
OMG- Can this be MINE too! LOL

Oh I remembered another as I scooped ice cream for my pathetic husband who just had his wisdom teeth out....

"It's just not worth it."

But then I told him I just couldn't do it could he please finish.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

One of mine is, "You can have that. Just not today." I used that one a lot on the way down. I have forgotten it recently. Fortunately this thread has reminded me!

The second one comes from a 3FC member named Airegrrl. I found it on a sticky on the Maintainers' forum. (I highly recommend reading the stickies there, even if you aren't close to maintenance, because I think it is helpful to think a lot about maintenance before we get there.)

The explanation is a little long but I love it:

My mantra comes from a couple of sources. Part one is "Breathe." Here’s what Victoria Moran has to say, in part, about breathing: “Regular practice of controlled breathing, even for just a couple of minutes a day, makes a substantial deposit into your serenity account … Breath control is the ultimate stress manager because it’s free, immediate, and always available. The yogis of Ancient India made a science of studying the breath. They taught that oxygen is our primary food and that proper breathing placates the mind – a conclusion with which contemporary psychology concurs. … Use your breath to help you clear your mind, calm your thoughts, and open yourself to inspiration.”

Part II of my mantra is “Wait.” Again, Victoria Moran: “Emptiness is scary. Ours is a culture that detests and fears emptiness, waiting, being for its own sake. Nevertheless, you’ll have a hard time staying thin for life – or for six months, for that matter – if you don’t learn to wait. … Once you can wait, you can do almost anything.”

Part III of my mantra is almost a cliché: “It all counts.” Too often, I’ve discounted the cookie here, the crackers there, the “just a taste” elsewhere. But it all adds up; it all counts. Interestingly, I’m applying this same mantra to my budget and as a way to put an end to my impulse purchases. Breathing, waiting and then remembering that it all counts should help me maintain not only my hipline, but my bottom line.

So, that’s my mantra: Breathe. Wait. It all counts. I like it so much I’ve made it my signature.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote