Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Focus on what's been accomplished! ;)

I know sometimes during my journey, I let myself get the best of me and remind me of how far I have left to go instead of how far I have come. I've seen a few posts recently that have reminded me of how far I have to go and realized that while sometimes we need to focus on that part, we also need to see how far we have come.

Every day when I come in from one of my breaks at work, the sun hits the front glass doors just right and I can see my reflection. Usually this isn't something I look forward to, nor shy away from. But today, I realized that I can very clearly see my collarbones. This isn't new to me, I can see them every day now if I look, but in my fat self they were nonexistent. So to see them every day is a great thing and a wonderful reminder of how far I've come.

So here's the place to post - Although you may or may not be at goal, what can you do/see now that you couldn't before? Let's cheer each other on!

Last edited by stargzr; 09-30-2010 at 12:30 PM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #2  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

This is a great post! I've been feeling a little down about not being close to my goal, and not having come very far. But I have to remind myself that I'm moving along and doing well.

I've lost about 36 lbs and have 50 to go, but I can feel new bones, have new energy from my diet and exercise plan, and feel so much better!

I can just now start to see my collar bones. I want to see more of them. And I can clearly see those tendons or whatever in my neck.

Love the post. It's good to be reminded that we've come a long way.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I've lost 33lbs in the last 15 weeks and I've been working out consistently.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote