Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default GREAT Inspiration!!

I was browing at the bookstore the other day, and i came across a weight loss book that caught my eye...it's called "Never Say Diet" by Chantal Hobbs. WOW! Here is this beautiful woman who at one point weighed 350 lbs and she lost 200 of that in 2 years through sensible eating and exercise. Her story is SO amazing...and i can see so much of my thought patterns in hers as well. She didn't have surgery, or do any fad diets...she keeps it simple and realistic and teaches you how to change the way you THINK about food, not just WHAT you are eating. She is such a normal down to earth person...I just LOVE this book.

****DISCLAIMER****

She talks about God in this book. She's Christian, and she expresses how her faith in God gave her strength to get through the emotional struggles and setbacks that were happening while she was losing the weight. The book is in NO WAY trying to CONVINCE people to become a Christian, or read the Bible...but it IS part of HER story. It's not a very significant part of her story, but she does credit her Faith in helping her to succeed. She has some simple and effective exercises as well as diet tips. I just found it to be really inspirational and saw so much of myself in her (especially her relationship with food and exercise). Here is a normal everyday person who has actually BEEN through the struggles that ISN'T a Hollywood Celebrity/Fitness Expert who lived through the pain and come out on top! If you get a chance, check it out...i highly recommend it. :-)
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, I will check it out
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

thanks for that as well. I've been looking for a book like that, written by a christian woman.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #4  
Aashna/photographer

S/C/G: 299 / 233 / 165

Height: 5'5

Oh thank you for the post!!
I have been looking for something to read!
I am not a christian but I am a woman of religion too,
I believe in god and faith, this is perfect motivation for me.

I have been reading a book called "The amazing adventure of diet girl"
it is fun to read too.
may77 is offline   Reply With Quote