Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Excitement and Anxiety

Well I've been working on changing my life style and trying to lose weight for about a month now. I've lost 11 pounds so far but my appearance did not seem to be affected in the least bit that is until this morning. I woke up feeling lighter which is was odd sensation for me since I've been heavy for so long. I shrugged it off but when I went to get dressed I noticed something. My shorts were suddenly large on me. I looked in the mirror and double checked everything and sure enough I lost about an inch or two around my hips. For the first time it struck me that if I stick to my plan I could really be on the way to looking like an all new person. It's was exciting but at the same time it makes me anxious for some reason.

I realized that within the next month or so my clothes may not fit me. I realized that before long people around me will start to notice the difference. I realized that my life has already begun to change in a new and healthier way and for one moment I was scared. Not sure why but for a fleeting second I didn't want to change and then the moment passed and I got back into my new routine.

I'm just wondering. Was that a weird initial reaction to have? What was that first eureka moment like for the rest of you?
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

It was so long ago, but yes I remember vividly those first 10lbs when I realized, oh my gosh this is working! For the first time that thought of I'm never going to lose this weight faded. It was a big moment for me and the catalyst for what came after - success!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #3  
Crazy Cat Woman

S/C/G: 284/274/165

Height: 5' 4"

Whenever I feel like a goal is in sight, I automatically get scared in addition to feeling excited. I think in the back of my mind a voice is trying to come to life, the insecure part of me that wants to whisper that I can't do it. But I ignore that voice, because the evidence says otherwise! Just stick to your routine! As you saw, the moment passes and you're great!
duckchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #4  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Glad you had that moment! You will have many more if you keep working your plan!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote