Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I just had my 20 yr high school reunion. I'm about 40lbs heavier (and 4" taller) than I was then, and I can tell you - all but maybe 2 or 3 of us were 20+ lbs heavier. There were a few women that were about the same size, none of the men. And on average I'd say the weight gain for most was 30 - 50lbs heavier than in highschool, and then there were probably a good 1/3 of them that were 50+lbs heavier than in highschool.

But you know what - nobody cared. For most of us we reconnected just like the 20 yrs hadn't passed at all.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

I remember when I was my heaviest my mother sent me on an errand to see one of her family friends, who hadn't seen me since I weighed 130lbs. At that point I weighed 275lbs. I didn't want to go, and actually cried in the car on the way over.

When I walked in the shock on her face was beyond evident and it broke my heart.

I never want to see people who haven't seen me in awhile but now that the weight is coming off, I don't feel so ashamed.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
They are all men? Oh they will be too busy worrying that you'll notice they have gone bald to notice that you have gained weight.
LMAO...too funny!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #19  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i know what you mean about this. i have had some of the same feelings and fears. there have been times when i have skipped things, and i usually regret it afterwards. everyone changes over time, maybe heavier or thinner at any given time, and as others have mention, some balding, etc. i just try to remind myself that i don't want to miss out on my life because i am "in process," the process of getting healthier, fitter, leaner. you might have a really great time if you go, but if you don't go, you'll never know. try to go and just rock it and have a great time!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

oh girlfriend...you are sooooo not alone on this one! when i saw the title of your post, i was "that's ME!". i have my 25th high school reunion tomorrow...now, at the 20th, i was looking good! still a little heavy at 160, but you really couldn't tell with a tan and a black dress on me (oh what i wouldn't give to be THAT weight again!)...now i'm clocking in at 190. i don't even WANT to go. i am so ashamed and so embarrassed...i feel like everyone there is going to say "look how FAT Karen got!" (mind you i was VERY fit in high school...cheerleader, track, swim team...weighed about 130-135). i'm terrified. i'm terrified to walk in the door, i'm terrified when i sit the fat rolls will be obvious...i'm terrified it will be too difficult to cover my THARMS with my wrap (do you ladies know how HARD it is to find a pretty cocktail dress that ISN'T sleeveless??). i'm just a wreck. not to SPEAK of the fact i have friends i continuously put off visiting because i've gained so much weight. it's horrible...i feel horrible, ugly and disgusting.
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #21  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Unfortunately, it's only been 3 years (we're seniors in college now), and I know from Facebook pictures that they've outgrown the awkward high-school boy appearances and are all looking quite attractive—I wish they'd all gone bald!

BUT

of course you are all right, and I've decided to go. Wish me luck!
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #22  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I think jendiet had a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Will you be going back next year? If you are, you will be a success story because no doubt you will be healthier and fit and trim by then.
Use this to motivate youreslf.

see them, get the initial insecurities over with, and remind yourself that it's going to mean that the contrast between this time when you see them and the next time when you see them will be all the more impressive.

And you've lost loads of weight already, so you'll do the rest, just takes a bit of time that's all.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote