Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 02:20 PM   #16  

Michelle, you give me hope!!!!! I moved two years ago from the big city to a small town so the pickings are slim but.......
Quote:
now why am I here
That is a good idea...I will ask that every morning and see what happens.

Baylee, thanks for the girlfriend poem....so true.

Well, I garage saled from 8AM to 1PM and came home to drop stuff off. Not sure about the afternoon but this evening we are going to a concert, having a bon fire and maybe checking out a dance. I think it will be all "too" young for us but we will see.

Later,
Old 09-21-2002, 07:40 PM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

I'm still here not much to report I'm overly tired and still running.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:17 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Hello again! Where da heck is everyone? Having a good time I hope and staying on your eating plan and exercising...thats it...you are all exercising!

I have been very successful foodwise today. I have 34 points to spend and I only ate 23 of them and that included my snack tonight with Andrew. We have a snack together every night after he has his bath. He had chocolate pudding and I had a WW fudge brownie sundae cup. It really wasn't worth 4 points but since I had them to use I indulged! I had a Healthy Choice dinner tonight and I made the veggie soup. I ate that alot when I lost the weight the first time. No points and its a filler upper! I threw in the leftover roasted eggplant and asparagus I had in the fridge then threw in chopped up baby carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms and fresh spinach. I love the spinach in it...kinda like having escarole soup! I make my soup thick and hearty and when I need veggies and don't want soup I just spoon them out with a slotted spoon and serve them that way already cooked! Its a quick and easy side dish! When I get home from work I usually have a bowl of the soup and it holds me over till dinner!

Tommorrow I am going to cook the fish I took out today. JOhn is still not home from work and probably won't be before 10 tonight so I had the HC dinner and I have a Stouffers dinner for him. I get a couple and keep them in the freezer for when he has a long night at work. He'll call me and let me know he is on his way home so I will have it ready for him when he gets here.

I never did do my Richard video today. When Andrew took a nap finally at 3 I layed on the couch and out I went till he woke up at 6 pm! I was tired! Must have been that walk away the pounds video I did this morning!

Lucky your guy will show up when you least expect it! I met John at my job I had at the time. He was a vendor who rented space from us. When I told my cousin about him when he asked me out ( I kept putting him off) she said just go out you don't have to marry him! I said but I don't think he is my type! Then we went out and a week later I was talking to her on the phone and I said I think I'm in love and she said with who? And I said John....and she said I thought he wasn't your type and I said "I SAID THAT"? she started laughing hysterically! You just never know when mr right will show up...sometimes it takes time to realize it!

Mary glad to see you are still with us! Take a break and relax!

Well now...I guess I should go throw the clothes in the dryer and pick up the toys and then jump in the shower myself! I'll catch you all in the morning!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-21-2002, 10:23 PM   #19  

Michelle, I don't have much time....but I appreciate the encouragment. My intention is to find someone very soon so I will still have 40 years to be with him.

I stayed at the bon fire until now, 9:30PM, but was freezing...had to get home to a quilt.....

Talk to you tomorrow...
Old 09-21-2002, 11:34 PM   #20  

Hi everyone,

First day of fall and we had a very hot day. But there's some odd weather changes, everyone's sniffling and sneezing. I'm praying I'll be in good health by Oct 4th. My heel gives me pains if I don't wear proper support. I bought my film and video tapes. I'm on to Italian. I briefly learned the basics in French, but upon conversing with my oldest sister. She made such terrible fun of me, I kind of lost heart. My coworker took five years of french, said I did well for two weeks. I'm taking it as sour grapes. I've tried on my clothes a zillion times and I'm porking up on my back. I lost an inch on my midriff and waist. Half an inch on my thighs and calves. What can I say, my bod is contorting mysteriously.

Lucky, I thought you had a dh. I'll be on the lookout in Europe for you and me both. Lot's of eye candy. Slim pickings here too or shall I say picky pickings out there. I have to prove myself and lose 60lbs before I turn any heads around here.

I promised myself to touch base with you all. I'll be doing alot of surfing this week, getting the info. Take care,
Malia
Old 09-22-2002, 11:46 AM   #21  

I found this on Dr. Phil’s website:

Five Steps to Your Weight Loss Goal

Follow these five steps to create a strategy for your weight loss goal.

1. Set a very specific goal.
Remember that losing weight requires a change in thought and behavior, so set goals for your emotions and weight.
Don't just set vague goals like, "I want to lose some weight." Be specific: How much weight do you want to lose? How do you want to feel? Close your eyes and visualize yourself after you've reached those goals. Use this visualization to feel commitment and inner strength.

2. Work out a detailed strategy.
Willpower doesn't work! To lose weight and keep it off, you must have a strategy.
Plan ahead: Get rid of your expandable clothes, stay away from fast food, and keep healthy food in your pantry.

3. Identify small, measurable steps.
Implement steps that will fit your lifestyle, not somebody else's.
Be sure to move toward a positive goal, not just away from being fat. Every step you take will bring you closer to being who you want to be.

4. Create a healthy, realistic timeline.
Where will you be in a month? Six months? A year? Fit your goals to your calendar, and stick to it.
Don't expect to see huge results overnight; take the time to change your lifestyle, and you'll change your weight.

5. Create meaningful monitoring and accountability.
If you know you have to report your progress to someone, you'll be more likely to stick with your plan.
"Go public" with somebody you trust. Find support when you need it, and celebrate your victories!

This is from Dr. Phil’s message board and I found it “food for thought”.

Sweet I can so relate to what you said about being single. I can use the excuse that I am not dating because I am fat. Take that away and what will my excuse be. Maybe there is just something wrong with me.This way I pick the reason

Isn’t .This way I pick the reason profound????? I NEVER looked at it this way but I feel I resonate with it so it is probably true for me.

Part of another Dr. Phil’s message

I got lucky. I was a guest on the weight show that will be aired soon. What I finally understood is that being overweight is a form of physical, emotional, and mental abuse. The big problem is that I am doing it to myself. I wouldn't ever allow anyone to hit me, but until I talked with Dr. Phil, I didn't realize that I was the one who was allowing someone to continue to abuse me, and that person was me. It was one of those "AH HA" moments.

( I will TRY to quit posting Dr. Phil’s stuff here but since the program was on weight I went to his website and keep finding things that I find fascinating – so I KNOW you, my dear friends, will too)

Malia, keep your eyes open at all time for me!!!!! This way you will have an excuse to watch all those men!!!!

Baylee, that was definitely exercise….

Well, I am off to the parade…it is freezing here…I turned the heat on!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 12:18 PM   #22  

Angry Hi-ya my lovely chickies!

I came on here to post at 1:00am this morning and the forum was closed for maintainance! Ahhh! I think I checked back twice in about 15 minutes before wandering away from the computer dazed and confused!

Friday night I had WAY too much fun and felt it on Saturday morning when I woke up! That's okay; hubby and I had a quiet, stay at home, day yesterday which suited us both fine! You know, I've been going out every weekend recently which is a HUGE change for me. Because I felt bad about my weight, I had lost all interest in going dancing... NOW, I'm starting to love it again! On Friday night, I had SO much energy on the dance floor, I was literally jumping up and down!

PLUS, I had SUCH a great jog yesterday... without even realizing it, I jogged 35 minutes non-stop! Yah! I find that when I jog a couple of hours after dinner, I have the most energy. Dinner is my largest meal of the day PLUS, by that time, the sun has gone down and I can jog in the cool of the night. Unfortunately, that isn't always the most convienant time so I often end up jogging in the afternoon which just takes a bit more effort.

Oh... hubby just woke up and he's clutching his throat and saying he feels terrible. He's got a particularily nasty cold... I should take my leave of you gals to see if I can help the poor guy out somehow. I'll pop back later for some individual replies!

TTFN
Sara
Old 09-22-2002, 12:18 PM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Wow I was starting to have withdrawals when I couldn't get into the site! I'm glad its back up again!

THe good part is it forced me to do my exercise video so that is out of the way now. I even checked out my new richard dvd. I always watch it first then the next time I do it. I was dancing around to the music some too! I love the richard videos...you have so much fun doing them that you dont' realize you are exercising! If you don't have one you should check one out!! I love them all! I like to watch the end where they all dance down the line and it tells you their name and how much they lost. One lady lost 155 lbs and several lost over 100 lbs. It can be done! We just gotta move these bodies!!

Baylee....I think each area does something different. Here they give you a dark pink ribbon that says I lost 10 lbs then for every 10 lbs thereafter they give you a gold star to stick on it. Its kinda neat when you start collecting the stars. My last one had 8 stars on it! I think here they give you some kind of token when you hit 100 lbs gone. And then they have a white ribbon when you make it to goal I think! They use to give you a pin when you finished maintenance with a diamond chip for each 10 lbs you lost on WW. I'm not sure if they still do that or not! Oh and Baylee...I would count all that work as exercise for sure!!

Lucky.....I like Dr. Phil...keep quoting...something will stick with us one day!!

Malia...you'll be on your way before you know it!

Well I sure hope some more of you come out to post today. I am going to take Andrew to Toys R Us after he finishes his lunch. They are having a digital photo session there for ID just incase you ever need to identify your child for whatever reason. I hate to even talk about something like that happening but you never know today!

I'll be back to catch up to you all later! TTFN Michelle
Old 09-22-2002, 12:45 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi all.. I tried to post last night but it wouldn't let me in. Grrrrr

Well ladies... this is going to be short and sweet. I had a pretty good day yesterday over all.
We took the back roads half the way there. Ate breakfast at an Amish restaurant and did very well. I was very happy. We also stopped at a few garage sales on the way.
Once we arrived to move my parents...things went a little array for a short time. Lots of complications I won't go into. But thankfully everything calmed down about 2pm. My parents started relaxing we spent a nice afternoon together. They were SOOOOOOOO HAPPY to be home. I sure hope it goes well for them. I think my dad would break down in tears if he had to go back to that nursing home. I AM NOT looking forward to that day.

My husband and I had a nice evening together. We grilled chicken and it was yummy. My food was acceptable all day. I passed on gravy and cinnamon rolls and biscuits at breakfast. I passed on chips, cookies, ice cream and pop at lunch.

I had the strangest sensation while waiting on the chicken to cook. I sensed a total feeling of contentment. Gee... was that odd.
I was at peace with the world. I was at peace with my parents being home. I was at peace with my food choices... even though not perfect... not bad either.
I was at peace with my husband.
It was odd. LOL

Now I have to go. It is getting later by the minute. I sure hope this contentment continues today. I promise I will try to get caught up reading soon. I just don't seem to have time to both post and read at the same time.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:24 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HELLLLLO
Just wanted to stop in for a sec. Bad weather on the way so I can't stay long. Spent 13 hrs. outdoors yesterday with the tracking students and guests from out of tow. Gothome and crashed. Tried to get here this AM but the site was down.

Anyway I'm off to close windows and put away stuff that might blow away.

I'm going to try an exercise tape later today. You gal's will get me moving yet.

j-ann
Old 09-22-2002, 06:11 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Hey chicks...

I went into withdrawl this morning when I couldnt post...what do I do now??? So I went to bed. I slept til 5:00. I hate this shift! I want my life back!

I havent' exercised this weekend. I did get 5 days in last week, so I'm feeling good about that. I know I well get to the gym tomorrow. I got a lot of work done in my scrapbook yesterday...forsaking everything else (like housework)...but it was fun. I'm like a kid sitting there with my scissors and colored paper, making borders and cutting the pics into cute shapes...hey, whatever floats your boat, right?

Malia...wow, the trip is almost here! I think you're doing great with all your languages...I know you'll have lots of good stories for us when you get back!

Lucky...is the bonfire a party? Sounds neat. I want to go. It has been HOT here again...and humid....blecchhh....I WANT FALL! ...and the need for bonfires!

2cute...I'm glad the folks are settled in...I'm sure that has a lot to do with your feeling of contentment.

Michelle...I need to make some of that soup...I really like it, but it's been too DAMN HOT for soup around here! I have a few Richard videos, I should blow the dust off and give him a try again! My son is just starting karate...he was showing me some of his kicks and I told him I learned all that in Kickboxing class...stunned, he looked at me and said, "YOU can kickbox?" (the little ****!) I told him we can do my TaeBo video together and I'll prove my kickboxing prowess!

Tina, where, oh where are you and did you exercise today?

Baylee...you may have inspired me to do my rugs too...I HAVE a carpet cleaner (never used) but it is time to break it out!! Maybe tomorrow when kids are at school and dh at work...Good for you getting your sticker, you are doing so well! Our WW meetings are like Michelle...pink ribbon for 1at 10# and a gold star for each 10 after that...once upon a time I has 3 gold stars on my ribbon...*sigh*

Just got a "can you pick me up, Mom?" call from my daughter...so I have to run...Hi to everyone else! Love to all...
Closed Thread