Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Default Something Clicked/Snapped

The other night I was working and pretty hungry. When I went on my break and was eating my almonds I suddenly felt stuffed. Then it kind of hit me. I don't know why I like sweets or try to eat them constantly. I don't NEED any of it. I've always felt like a skinny person trapped in an overweight person's body. I love weird foods that my family hates. I could seriously eat asparagus with every single meal and I love healthy foods like fish, oats, whole grains, and fruit. I like exercise when I do it.

I sat in my car on the way home thinking about all of the foods I thought I liked in the past. None of it has ever made me happy. I always feel tired and weaker than everyone else. I almost felt angry with myself for pulling myself into my own hole for the past three years and being depressed.

Sorry to ramble, but I just need some support , thoughts, and experiences with this.
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow! This is the kind of break through moment that most people would love to experience! Instead of questioning why it happened (not that you are, of course), embrace it and run with it! You are ready to move into the life style and type of life you were meant to live! You're already a success story!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnuldu View Post
The other night I was working and pretty hungry. When I went on my break and was eating my almonds I suddenly felt stuffed. Then it kind of hit me. I don't know why I like sweets or try to eat them constantly. I don't NEED any of it. I've always felt like a skinny person trapped in an overweight person's body. I love weird foods that my family hates. I could seriously eat asparagus with every single meal and I love healthy foods like fish, oats, whole grains, and fruit. I like exercise when I do it.
It's a positive, believe me. I'm the same way and we're very lucky. We don't have to grow accustomed to a new lifestyle. We just have to jump into it. We don't have to learn to love vegetables and other healthy foods. We're already there!

I think the "why" for me is that crap food is more convenient. And I can't cook fish, darnit!!! I love fish, but my fish sucks. And I consider myself a good cook too, so I don't know what my problem is. Also, along with my love of healthy foods, I also love comfort foods. You know...mashed potatoes with gravy, mac & cheese, M&M's, that kind of thing. But if I eat healthfully first, I tend not to want the comfort food. I stopped planning comfort food. It's not part of the day's plan. If I want mac & cheese I have to plan ahead for it and even then it's a tiny side dish, no longer a main course.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #4  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

I am starting to have the same thoughts! I know part of my problem is I am an emotional eater - eat when I am mad and eat when I am happy - which between the two covers just about all the time! LOL! But the other day I was eating wilted spinach and sauteed mushrooms and I thought - OMG! This is so good - why haven't I been eating this instead of junk all along!
Thanks for inspiring!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #5  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Wow, congradulations! This is an awesome breakthrough!!

I really want to eat healthy, but I guess I don't want it enough to get out there and do it, huh? It's EXTREMELY difficult when you don't have an oven, either! Not to mention I loath cooking. (And why do I always turn it into an expensive project? I have a bad habit of buying ingredients that I only use once and then they spoil before I think to use them again, grr!)

You're realization is really inspiring. I hope to experience it eventually too!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote