Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default crunch time ladies

so far we've been to a few christmas parties and had some treats come our way, but tomorrow and the next day are going to be tough!!

so far ive maintained my lowest weight over the past week. im happy with it because ive been going to a lot of events so i wasnt expecting to lose.

good luck everyone!!!!!

how have you done so far? have you lost, gained or maintained this holiday season? ive lost since thanksgiving! 2 more days and it will all be over and we can get back to normal (hopefully no one gets sent home with leftover cake!)
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have a way of starting diets prior to the holidays. This isn't new for me. And somehow I always manage to get through the holidays. Maybe because it's still new.

But I've lost weight since 11/9, possibly 20 lbs! My darn Wii broke and we're waiting for a replacement part. I can't weigh until I get it back, but my clothes fit better since the last weigh in. That's great motivation for me to get through the next couple days!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I've been losing all season. I lost .8lbs the week of Thanksgiving and between 2-3lbs every week since. I've had a really good week this week, so I'm not too worried. I haven't had a single Christmas goodie! Tomorrow is the big dinner, but I'm just planning on eating a very light lunch and breakfast and controlling portions at the big dinner. I can't do TOO much damage

I'm not sure if I'll lose this week but not because of eating. I really upped my intensity level during workouts, and I've been sore all week. For me, that means lots of retained water. I'm not going to freak too much if I don't have a loss this week.

Good luck to everyone and happy holidays!!!
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #4  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I had a spike of 5 pounds, which was all retention (it came off after 3 days of strict bandwagoning). Other than that, I've been maintaining. Tonight is going to be brutal. Granny's and Auntie's best pastries and yummies will be out.

Tomorrow will be easy. My MIL is cooking dinner. My MIL can't cook. Hehe...

Last edited by Altari; 12-24-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Lost a little this month but not much, and maintained so far this week Self control has gone now though - eaten far too much the last day or two and before that was eatign at maintaince. Had no time for exercise either (though did make sure we went for a short walk in the snow). I think I won't stress too much about calories today and tomorrow and will ensure I am back on track on Saturday. It's much harder now to have a few food treats and still lose weight than it was when I was 50lb heavier!
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #6  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I had no self control since last Thursday to Tuesday of this week. For some reason, I felt entitled to many, many choco chip and walnut cookies and sugar cookies (that I made). Plus, hubby wanted chips so we got those veggie straws at Costco. Both of us have no self control when it comes to straws so here we are two days later and the bag is finished. Yesterday, I went back to eating smaller portions (before I binged on cookies and chips) without premeditation. How weird. In the past, I've always had to be uber strict and tell myself to stop overeating and I always overate anyway. Yesterday though, my tummy was feeling really full even though I barely ate (panini sandwich for lunch, rice and curry for dinner) throughout the day. This morning I'm only 0.5 up from my lowest (152.0). I'm confident I can get through Christmas and New Year's because my goal was to maintain at 155 back in November and I ended up losing down to 152. So hey, even if I maintain 152, I'm happy!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm at 208- so not bad from my weight before Thanksgiving- with all the stuff I am doing I think I'm doing well! Better than other years for sure

Once Xmas day is over it's back to the old grind
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I've lost about 9lbs since Thanksgiving and this morning the scale said 191. Last week was very tough for me, so right now I'm happily maintaining and I really cannot wait until the holiday food is out of sight/mind.

Tonight my family celebrates by going to the local(very tasty) Chinese Buffet. I've been there a handful of times throughout my weight loss and I'm not too worried about it and then there will be cookies and such afterwards when we open presents. Tomorrow most of my day will be spent at work, Then it's Christmas dinner at my In Laws.

It's funny I was sure the holidays would not trip me up. I was confidant that I had great self control and I didn't want any holiday junk food anyway. Well let me tell you, when that junk food is around day after day for weeks, my self control, not so good :-(
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I've lost since Thanksgiving. I plan on losing from Christmas to New Year's as well. My goal is to be in the 160s by New Years.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm just getting back on the wagon now and did absolutely NOTHING to lose weight over the holidays. But I think I am officially sick of eating out, so that's a start. I figured I would get a jump on 2010 by starting five days early.

All of you who stuck to your guns through the holiday season are truly awesome, and I think you deserve a carrot dance for your efforts!

ATgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #11  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I've been losing slowly but surely. I am hoping to be in the 170's by the end of this month, which would be SOOO nice! I've been busting my behind trying to get there. If I don't get there, that's ok. I just like to have that goal dangling in front of me because it pushes me that much harder. It IS hard to get through all of the temptations though. We are taking my father in law out to his birthday to a restaurant today and I just looked at the menu and saw nothing there that I could have. I'm hoping there will be more options when we get there because that menu was tiny! Wish me luck!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #12  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I gained 1/2 lb last week but before that I was still losing. Have a feeling the scale is not going to be nice to me this week. I have noone to blame but my self. Too many snacks and haven't been able to walk like I usually do.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm not looking forward to the next weigh in, but I am looking forward to this week getting under way, so I can make sure I'm back on track and I stay there!
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #14  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

I've managed to come out of this holiday ahead!! I even went to Disneyland and was able to lose so I'm pretty happy. Congrats to all of you who've stuck to your guns and lost this season. It's not easy!!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote