Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 01:11 PM   #61  
determined chick!

Default Kina

Hey there Kina. Not only a 4lb loss but in the 190's- WOO HOO!! You go girl I am so happy for you!! Not to mention envious too! So how does being in the 100's feel? You are truly an inspiration for me to get there. Keep it up chick. Take care Di
Old 08-10-2002, 05:03 PM   #62  

Default Weigh IN Chart! 8/10/02

OMG !!!! Congrats to you big losers*!!!!!!!! Grizzly and Kina I am soooooooooooooo proud you ladies stuck it out! It's paying off!!!!
I need more folks to send me messages letting me know either way if you had a loss,gain or maintained.

Gen..Goal 6 lbs.. Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 6 lbs Loss 6.5 lbs ( GOAL for Challenge!!!)

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal..2 lbs.. Loss 1.5 lbs

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs Loss 10 lbs (GOAL for Challenge!!!!)

Boatingmommy..Goal..6 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal..8 lbs

Thinlizzie..Goal..4 lbs Loss (maint)

Jen519 ...Goal..8 lbs Loss 4 lbs

rain272..Goal 10 lbs..(just joined!)

Gen
194/138/130
" IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE,WAKE UP"
Old 08-12-2002, 05:51 PM   #63  

Hello all,
Sorry i have not posted in awhile. Good to hear about all the good losses this week! WAY TO GO

I have maintained again this week. Tracking sizes and inches more than anything right now! But i have been good about journaling it all. (exercise and eats). And joined a thread on the ww site for a months worth of exercise challenge. Helps me keep in line!

Keep up all the good work girls! Here's an interesting tidbit for you all. A little motivation can sure go a long way!

bye for now,
thinlizzie

the following was posted by DonnaInDallas, founder of the Weight Watchers Support in DFW Yahoo club:

Prepare:
I will take the time to plan and prepare in order to achieve success.

Care:
I care about myself to know I deserve to be healthy

Believe:
I believe I can do this!

Forgive:
I will forgive myself for not being perfect! (a tough one!)

Change:
I will keep in mind that change is constant. Only Change gets results.'

Risk:
I will take risks and try new things.

Listen:
I will listen to my body!

Choose:
I work hard to make the right choices to get the results I want.

Persist:
I will be persistence, no matter how far I fall off the wagon at a given meal or on a given day.

Wait:
I will wait and be patient for the long haul.

Smile:
I will smile inside and out knowing I'm doing something good for my body, helping to live a longer life.

Focus:
I will work towards keeping focused when everything else in life seems to overwhelm me and cloud my choices.

Act:
If I don't like the results I am seeing, I will take action!

Trust:
I will trust in myself and the program -- both of them work!

Accept:
I will accept that I may not always see the numbers on the scale that I think I deserve -- I will not beat myself up over it when it happens.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:01 PM   #64  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

It's so quiet in here I just wanted to post to see how everyone is doing. I'm having a rough week. Since I've started weight training I have gained an inch in my arms I don't know if this means it's muscle on top of the fat or if I'm bulking up. My forearms have also grown! I know it's stupid to be disappointed, but my whole reason for doing the weights is because it's supposed to help burn fat, not make me look bigger!On top of this, I've been the same weight since Saturday and I've busted my behind at the gym and eaten all the right things. Sorry for the complaining. I know I don't have a right to complain. I have a little bump in the road and turn it into a huge hill! I know eventually the numbers will move again, God willing tomorrow! Well sorry for the whining just needed to get all that out. Hope everyone is doing great. Take care. Di
Old 08-15-2002, 11:24 PM   #65  

Default You have every right to complain! lol

Hey girl , dont feel bad. You have every right to complain! How much weight are you lifting? If you do heavy weights and few reps you will bulk up. If you do light weights and many reps you will burn. I'm a bit sleepy so I might have it the other way around lol. I know what it is to bust your butt for a week and see no results on the scale. But it IS working,trust me. It's taking forever for me to lose the last few pounds. I went for my yearly checkup a few weeks ago and went back today and the Doctor realized that Ive lost 4 lbs since then! Well of course I knew that lol since I weigh myself every friday or saturday. But it just made me realize each single pound adds up. She asked me if I planned to lose anymore and I told her just 8 more lbs, she shook her head like saying no. Ok ,ok I thought , I just want to see 130 lbs ! God! lol I had every single thing checked , my cholesterol was 143! Which is awesome, since about 2 yrs ago it was around 170-180 . But she had one concern actually she told me that my LDL (my good cholesterol was too low) And I needed to do one of two things...either exercise or have a glass of wine with dinner. I told her how much I exercised 6 days a week and she was puzzled. So she told me to try the red wine with dinner and she'll check my blood again in a few months. Great! now I get to drink wine lol ....

Gen
194/138/130

" IF you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 08-16-2002, 12:11 AM   #66  

Hi Everyone

Gosh its been so long since I posted. The month is just flying by and I kind of lost track of the challenge. I have not been doing very good this challenge, but I'm ready to get back at it. I get together with a friend and walk 2 miles every Wed. night. I know it's not enough but I figure its better then nothing. Today I also did my glider for 30 minute and drank 7 glasses of water...which it really good for me. I know the water is a big thing and I need to drink tons. I got on the scale today and gained back 2 pounds ugh!!!! It's also TOM so I'm crossing my fingers that is why I gained 2 pounds. Good luck to everyone Sat for weigh ins

Heidi
Old 08-16-2002, 04:05 PM   #67  

Default Final Weigh In Tuesday 8/20

Hello everyone,
The final day for the challenge is Tuesday the 20th. So everyone can wait until Tuesday to give me the final weigh in results.

I'm so sorry I havent been posting as often , but I do check in at least every other day! This month has been loaded with stress X 100! Refinancing wasnt the smooth simple process as we were told. When will I learn? lol Something that should have taken 2 weeks to close, took us over a month I think! But the hassle isnt over yet!!!! I feel like screaming. Now we are in the process of getting a mortgage loan for a preconstructed home. So that's another closing I got to look forward to and more paperwork. I'm really shocked that I havent gained a few pounds from all this!

I hope everyone is doing well and havent left us!!!! I plan to be around for a long time! I still need the support to maintain my weight off. My mom (who has been supportive ) Now is bugging me again! There isnt a day when she sees me that she doesnt tell me "Dont lose another pound," You've lost your rear end" "OMG your face looks so small now!"
At first I had to deal with the remarks of how fat I was and I needed to lose weight etc... Now I'm too thin? Honestly I dont care .Size 8 is great and I'm comfortable in it. Size 7/8 is not rail thin folks! It's not even " Model Thin" !! I refuse to gain weight to be in an 11/12 . That's insane. ok , I babbled enough!
Thanks for letting me vent a bit !

Gen
194/138/130
Old 08-16-2002, 05:06 PM   #68  
determined chick!

Angry Gennel

Hi Gennel. Well on the weights, this is my program. On leg days I do leg stands- 50lbs, 2 sets of 15, leg extensions- 40lbs, 2 sets of 15, leg curls- 40lbs, 2 sets of 15, bicep curl- 20lbs- 3 sets of 15, rope pull- 70lbs, 3 sets of 15, straight bar pull- 60lbs- 3 sets of 15, and then weighted crunches- 25lbs, 3 sets of 15, dumbell press- 10lbs each hand- 3 sets of 15. And then 40 minutes of interval training on the treadmill. On arm days I do- shoulder press- 20lbs- 2 sets of 15, straight bar pull- 60lbs- 3 sets of 15, hammer row- 50lbs- 3 sets of 15, hammer wide chest press- 50lbs- 2 sets of 15, incline dumbell press- 10lbs each hand- 3 sets of 15, v row- 50lbs- 3 sets of 15, and then weighted crunches- 25lbs- 3 sets of 15, and finally 40 minutes of interval training on the treadmill. I do weights Monday, Wednesday and Friday and alternate with the programs. So one week arms twice and legs once and then the next week arms once and legs twice. On cardio days which is Tuesday and Thursday I do 45 minutes of interval training on the treadmill and then 15 minutes on the bike and then the weighted crunches- 25lbs- 3 sets of 15. I asked the trainer why my forearms are bulging. The muscles in my arms have really popped up. He said that the muscle is building on top of the fat! He said as I gain more muscle the fat will go away. I told him that it's making me look bigger, because it's making me feel bulky. He assured me that if I keep up with all that I'm doing the fat will disappear and it will just be the muscle. I weighed myself this morning and had a small loss. I'm hoping to hit my next goal which is 230. When I hit that I will have 100 pounds gone. I don't know how much of a chance I have to hit it between now and the 1st of October which is my goal. I'll keep you posted how close I get. I tried this machine called a cross trainer this morning. OMG I thought I would die I am not coordinated enough for it! It's like riding a bike standing up. I almost fell off! I think that will have to wait until I'm closer to my final goal. Well I will weigh in on Tuesday and let you know my results. I can't weight to be a 12 that's my goal! A 7 or 8 would be only in my dreams! Take care. Di
Old 08-16-2002, 05:12 PM   #69  
determined chick!

Talking Gennel

OOPS! I forgot to say congrats on your checkup! Lucky you I bet you'll enjoy that nightly glass of wine! That's my kind of medicine Di
Old 08-16-2002, 11:41 PM   #70  

Default Grizzly! Cross Training machine!

Well Di! I hope you know that the Monster Machine Ive been talking about is the one you tried! Its a cross trainer machine ( Elliptical machine) It is just like you described! lol riding a bike standing, but there is arm movement also on some machines like the one I use.That is the machine that has maintained my weight off! And has helped me lose a few pounds as well.
I really dont know what to say about your weight training but it sounds pretty intense girl!

Have a great weekend everybody!!! I'll be preparing my little girl's birthday party tomorrow so I might not have a chance to check the messages until late tomorrow.

Gen
194/138/130
Old 08-20-2002, 09:10 AM   #71  

Default Hey ! Today is the Last Day of the Challenge!!!!

Where is everybody??? Well I didnt lose anything for this week. I just maintained. Which is fine by me lol . I had my daughter's birthday this saturday and well....ribs,chicken wings,yellow rice,
Ice cream Cake fromCarvel!!! Well I ate a little of everything on my plate. I had not touched ribs for over 6 months ! Then on Sunday we were invited to a friend's BBQ. I was like "NO!!!!!" lol
But we went and I didnt do major damage there, 1 piece of chicken (skinless) about 2/3 cup potato salad. Oh yeah...and I had a pastry with some creamcheese inside. Ok ,lol I know lol .
Back on track since yesterday.
Looks like there are a few changes on this website

Ok , now where is everybody??? Please post!

Gen
194/138/130
Old 08-20-2002, 01:16 PM   #72  

Cool Tuesday results...

Hello All,
Glad to hear that you are able to log onto the new site. It took a bit longer for me to get back on from the server move, but i made it. Really missed the posts! They keep me on track.

My report for the week is that i am still maintaining. I certainly know how much food to eat to do that! LOL...but the exercise is where i need to kick it up a notch. Either that or start eating alot less again. Don't like that idea of course

Anyone on here used the Pilates routine? I have heard you can tone and stretch alot like yoga with it...i really need to tone about right now.

WOW, GRIZZLYCHIK, you sound like you really work those weights but good! I would not mind having more inches if they were of that sort! Muscle looks so much better than the flabby skin i have now. LOL I suppose age plus how much i have lost is just making it harder to tone up the jiggly areas like triceps and inner thigh. I need some tips...got any from your trainer??

A big greeting to all the other girls on here...keep up your good WOL and it will happen for everyone! I am off to do some more walking.

bye for now,
thinlizzie
166/127/120
Old 08-21-2002, 09:50 AM   #73  

Default Final Weigh In Chart

Hi everybody,
Well time flew by and this challenge is officially over! I didnt get to my goal of 6 lbs but I got halfway there! I'm starting a new challenge so please visit and join!

Gen..Goal 6 lbs.. Loss 3 lbs

Kina..Goal 6 lbs Loss 6.5 lbs ( GOAL for Challenge!!!)

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal..2 lbs.. Loss 1.5 lbs

Grizzlyschick.Goal..10 lbs Loss 10 lbs (GOAL for Challenge!!!!)

Boatingmommy..Goal..6 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal..8 lbs

Thinlizzie..Goal..4 lbs Loss (maint)

Jen519 ...Goal..8 lbs Loss 4 lbs

rain272..Goal 10 lbs..(just joined!)

Gen
194/138/130
Old 08-21-2002, 10:03 AM   #74  

Default NEW THREAD LINK/FInal post

Here's the link to the new challenge:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...440#post247440

Gen