Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 04:35 PM   #46  

Well, I can finally report a 1 lb loss! I was hoping to do a little better this week but I ended up having house guests. I'm going on vacation on Tues so I won't be checking in for a while. (I'm doing the hanging out in a cabin by a lake thing too.) Congrats to everyone's great week and best wishes for the next 2!!
Old 08-04-2002, 11:27 AM   #47  

Angry SUNDAY!

Good Mornin' All!

Reporting in for the week with no change. I have been managing to maintain my weight very well...i guess one should be happy with learning how to do that so well! It certainly gets harder as we get close to goal. I think i definetly need to add more exercise...but that is still hard to do.

hats off to all the people who have lost weight this week! Proud of your efforts.

I tried this recipe for muffins that i saw on a ww site. it's short and they come out very yummy so i'll post it.

Pumpkin Angelfood Cake/muffins

1 box of angel food mix
1 15 oz can of (pure) pumpkin
1 T of pumpkin pie spice
1 T of cinnamon
1 C of water

Mix all ingredients together and pour into 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with PAM. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

12 (large) servings/3 points per serving

my tips on the recipe:
I used less of the spices, (about 2 teaspoons of each)as this sounded a bit much. Turned out great. And since i made them into mini muffins i think they are about 1 pt each. They do tend to stick to the pan, so cupcake liners would work better.

Have a great rest of the weekend all! I am journaling quite faithfully again, so perhaps i'll see a loss by next week. And my exercise is fair.

till later,
thinlizzie
166/127/120
Old 08-04-2002, 07:46 PM   #48  

Default Maintaining and losing

Appleblossom, You're on your way again girl!
Thinlizzie,the longer you maintain the better! I know 7 lbs to your goal and you just want to get there! I'm about 9-10 lbs to goal but I think I'm getting comfortable with my weight now! I'm letting all the compliments get to my head! lol My mom is now telling me if I lose anymore I'll look sickly.One of our neighbors that lives 3 blocks away saw me this weekend and he thought my husband was with another woman now! He totally freaked when he saw me. Now his wife wants me to help her lose a few pounds! Ive been eating well, but Im eating as if I dont need to reach goal!
I burn around half of my total day calories at the Gym. So I havent gained. I need to get back to my Boca Burgers, Tuna sandwhiches, and fish for dinner! I'm not super tiny but all my 9/10 clothes are loose in the waist and my butt too. I'm in a size 8 which I cant believe. I really think all the exercise has made me shrink so much more than I would have if I didnt exercise. The only clothes I still have problems with are certain namebrand jeans that want to make my butt really flat so they dont fit in my butt lol. But dresses,skirts and tops an 8! I want to firm up my legs,arms and tummy more and then maintain. I havent taken a picture in about 2-3 months?? I might have my daughter take one of me and compare so I can see what others see!

well I think I babbled enough for today?

Gen
194/140/130
Old 08-04-2002, 08:18 PM   #49  

Default Ok, today's Pic of me(Taken by My 5 yr old! )

Ok , I asked my 5 yr old to take my pic since I havent taken one with my current weight. Hey and the pose was her idea ...just thought you folks should know! Hmmm maybe she wants to be a photographer? lol

http://a4.cpimg.com/image/C2/79/1179...-0178026A-.jpg

Gen
194/140/130
Old 08-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #50  

Hi everyone

I have no lose to report, but no gain either. I haven't been working real hard on weight lose this month...stress can be such a downer. I did get to the club yesturday and bike 2 miles..yeah for me. Good job all you losers.

gennel nice picture shows off your legs.

Good luck to everyone this next week.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:47 PM   #51  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

OMG! Gennel look at YOU! The before and after is incredible. I hope to one day be able to strike a pose for the camera just like you. I don't think you should loose anymore. You are out of your mind...an 8? WOW! If I could be so lucky. I think if I were you I would get comfortable in my new body and new attitude and just maintain. Because you got it going on girlfriend. Like your mom said if you lose anymore it just wouldn't look right. So if anything like you said you wanted to do just tone up is always a great thing to do after losing weight. I am out of words girl. I can't wait for the day.

Talk later. bye.
Corina
Old 08-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #52  
determined chick!

Talking Gennel

Wow! Gennel you look fabulous! A size 8- only in my dreams! You are such an inspiration. By the way love that dress it really shows off your figure! I'm so jealous!
Take care Di
Old 08-05-2002, 10:41 PM   #53  

Default Being comfortable regardless what the scale says?

Thanks for the compliments! I've been asking myself what 9-10 more lbs will do for me? The only thing it would do is have a different scale results lol. I'm going to take a while to get to goal or at least near it at 132-135 lbs. If I can get to 130 lbs then I will but it's not something that I'm desperate or will get deppressed over! I need to get toned up and that will give me the smaller measurements. This month last year I was huge and didnt even want to celebrate my daughter's birthday because of my weight. I am learning to like compliments and accepting that men now are checking me out! I actually hated that because now that I'm thinner I'm suddenly visible and when I was fat I was totally invisible? I'm learning to walk straight ,not slouch !Remembering now that sexy bounce when I walk. lol It's such a different thing, I cant describe it .
One of the neighbors nearby was about 220 lbs,well this woman in the past year has lost over 100 lbs and is now about 114 lbs! Everyone now thinks she is sick,like she has anorexia or something. She still thinks she has a few lbs to lose! She's been heavy for so many,many years that I think she's hooked on losing weight. So personally I have no plans to go below 130 lbs
Ive seen some woman that look great at 110 lbs! But not me,even though according to " Doctor Charts" Ishould be around 115-120 !

Gen
194/140/130
Old 08-06-2002, 02:19 PM   #54  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Short & Sweet

I hit my goal! So my new goal is to see 190 soon. I have decided I will work at my goal in increments of 10. Because it doesn't look so hard when it is a small number like 10 rather than saying 60 or 80. So I am beyond words to express how excited I am right now that I hit 200 ! I hope to keep that loss for this Saturday although TOM will be visiting this week.

I have been sticking to my diet and I plan to stick with it because now I know it is worth it in the end. But you know the other day I had a Whataburger something I used to die for and crave so often maybe too often. Anyhow I had a coupon and wanted one so I went and got it. You know I have heard your taste buds change after a while of being on a diet...well that burger wasn't as delicious as it used to be. So I don't think I will be going for a while. I am glad I had the burger so I won't be craving over it anymore.

Well I must go. Talk more later at 199 I hope .
Kina
Old 08-06-2002, 04:31 PM   #55  
determined chick!

Talking Kina

WOO HOO! Way to go Kina! I bet you're so excited. 199 is not far away! I am so excited for you Don't forget to post when you hit it! Go Kina! Go Kina!
Old 08-06-2002, 04:37 PM   #56  

Default Way to Go Kina !!!

Congrats Kina !!!!!!!!! That is awesome! I can almost see how excited and happy you are! That is great girl I know you will be totally thrilled to see the 190's! Losing it in 10's is a great way to do this. I dont think I could have gotten this far if I kept thinking that I had to lose 60-70 lbs. But you can do it.
I'm very happy for you!

Gen
194/140/130

" IF you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 08-07-2002, 09:02 AM   #57  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Hey gals, just checking in. Been on the run every since the weekend.

No gain...no loss. I honestly think I do better in the winter when there's not so much going on and it is easier to stay OP.

Gennel, the picture is awesome! You have every right to be soooo proud.

Kina, YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY! I know when I hit 200 from 245 I was ecstatic!!! You are doing it...getting more fit everyday.

Everyone else...it sounds like you are all making an ernest commitment... and all those little losses add up to big numbers in the end.

Well, my goal today is to get a good walk in and buy some fruit to eat in place of junk. Hope everyone is good to themselves!

Boating
Old 08-09-2002, 11:33 PM   #58  

Default Weigh In Tomorrow!!!

I cant believe we have another weigh in already! I have good news to report! I dont know how I managed it , I think it must be the stress maybe? But I lost 2 lbs ! So I have 8 more lbs to goal!
Please send me a PM tomorrow with your weigh ins.

Good night!

Gen
194/138/130
"If you want your dreams to come true, Wake up"
Old 08-10-2002, 10:20 AM   #59  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

Gennel way to go with the 2 lb loss! You are so close to your goal! Go Gennel, Go Gennel! Well everyone I had a 4 lb loss this week. The interval training is really keeping me going at the gym and my energy level has increased since I started it. A couple people have tried to convince me to move to something more exciting than the treadmill, but doing the intervals on it I love it! Well I have 80 gone, so that means 5 more pounds and I'll be half way to goal. So right now I still have 90 more to go. UGH! it seems like it will be forever to get it off. But hey this fat didn't jump on me in one day so I know it's not going to come off unless I keep working at it I'm praying that once I finally hit goal that I can maintain. I'm glad you're all here to walk me through it. I walked around the track at the park this morning. My confidence level has soared since going to the gym, so I no longer have a problem doing exercise in public. I figure I'm doing this for me and that's what matters. Well I hope everyone has a loss this morning. Take care- Di
Old 08-10-2002, 12:17 PM   #60  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry Hello

It's weigh in time... Well last Saturday I weighed in at 201.5 today I am weighing in at 197.5. I am truly amazed, excited, and so many other things about my weight loss. I haven't been doing anything different than I had been doing before. Except my seasonal job. I am standing 7 hours and constantly moving my arms, twisting my waist, and lifting trays weighing about 25-30 lbs every 5 mintutes. I work up the best sweat. Well it is coming off and I can't complain. I am just happy about that.

I am very close to my next goal. I think I might be there by September 1 like I had wanted. . Wow August is a big month. So we have 3 weeks still left in August if I continue to lose this way I may pass my goal of 190. I won't jynx it.

Well many congratulations to all the losers here. Di I knew that gym pass was going to do wonders on you sweetie. That is great . Many applauds go out to you girlie. Gennel put me down for 4 lb loss this week. Thanks hope to have more next. Mind my 4 lb loss is while TOM is visiting ...truly amazing.
kina
Closed Thread