Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 01:07 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Baylee... Please please please enjoy your 2 pound loss.
That is a great loss.!!! I know the disappointment you are feeling... we have such high expectations for ourselves. BUT please KNOW that 2 pounds is great. It is realistic too. All health books say 1-2 is the Max you should lose weekly. I know some people are luckier than others and sometimes lose large amounts.... but 2 pounds loss instead of gaining 5lbs is a 7lb difference.!!!!!

I too do not own that mechanism in my brain that tells me I am full. I never had it. That is not fair either. LOL
Eating slower helps when you get in the practice of doing it.
One way to slow yourself down is to use smaller utinels. Salad size or even toddlers size. That helped me when I lost that 80 lbs years ago.
Eating alone is hard for most of us. That is one reason I abuse fast foods so much I am sure. I wish we lived closer so we could all go out together once a month. Wouldn't that be cool.

Enough of my soap box preaching. It just broke my heart to see you not enjoying your 2 lb loss. Please please... ENJOY and appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:09 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Talking Oh Happy Day!

Just to set straight a few misconceptions...it's NOT that dh necessarily wants to spend the time alone with ME (although, who could blame him if he did?) ...he wants to check out our daughter's digs at the dorm...and I think he really misses his "little girl!" Tomorrow AM we drive up to pick up my little guy...we really do have a good time together, as a family. We enjoy each other's company, and have a lot of laughs together. I know that I have been blessed.

Um...SaraJoy...I do live in the NYC Metropolitan area, and I will be available that week for a trip to the city! (Aren't I just the little thread whore, making dates with everyone!) What are we going to see? Kidding...I wouldn't horn in on you and hubby's trip. But I do LOVE New York! I know, I sound like the commercial, but it's true. Such a vibrant, happenin' town. You will have a blast. The four of us went for a weekend last summer...took the ferry over, past the Statue of Liberty, we saw a show, stayed in Times Square, went to Central Park...we even went to the World Trade Center...Two weeks later it was gone. I still can't believe it.

Hey Michelle...Who was the wise guy with the picture idea...now I'll REALLY have to lose 50 lbs by next Friday! (I'll bring my camera!) I can't wait to meet you AND the little dude! And yes, I WILL be eating OP...I don't want you PMing everyone and telling them what a I was at lunch!

2cute...from one dork to another...I know you are a WONDEFUL grandma, whether you can get down on the floor or not...I hope things settle down a bit for you...take it easy and cuddle those babies!

Lucky...staying the same works for me...Anything but a gain. I can gain weight if I breath in too deeply. Why is it such a struggle to lose a pound, a HALF a pound, even...and so INCREDIBLY easy to gain? Why, I ask you WHY?

This is one happening thread...three people have posted as I'm typing this...I'm not gonna read them yet, cuz I KNOW I'll somehow lose my post...that's how I lost it last night, going back to the previous thread so I could reply to everyone...not this time, baby!

Baylee...Take your portabella mushroom, brush it with olive oil and stick it on the grill or on the old George Forman...it doesn't really take long. Serve it like you would a hamburger...on a nice roll, some cheese (low fat, of course) melted on top, lettuce tomato, onion, ketchup....mmmm! Last night I used up the rest of my kale dish in Vegetable Lasagne. I used whole wheat noodles...boy are they more expensive! Low fat cottage cheese, part skim mozzarella...It was good. I will freeze the leftovers for future consumption.

Mary...Oh, Queen of the Dewey Decimal System! How is the new position? Now that hubby is home and all... Did you get the silly string out?

Tina...Bring a yogurt and some fruit...what about a bagel...what about a package of instant oatmeal. Come on girl...you can do it! How about whole wheat toast and peanut butter (I could LIVE on peanut butter) How about giving ol' Tony the Tiger the boot and trying some raisin bran? Better yet, make some muffins WITH the raisin bran, freeze them and bring one to work each morning. There's a muffn recipe I know I posted along time ago using Kellogg's All Bran, each muffin is only one point! Because of the high fiber content...AND you'll never need Chinese food again!

Joe anne...great job on your loss! Your walking challenge sounds neat...I think, at this rate you'll have no problem reaching 100 miles by Aug! We had a neat thread on ediets a while ago, where we had picked a central place to "walk" to...Mount Rushmore it was...for each 20 minutes of exercise, we'd log a mile or so many miles...it was fun...don't recall ever even getting out of Jersey now that I think of it...

Thin...I hope things have settled down a bit for you...come unwind and hang out with us a while...maybe you just posted and I just don't know it yet...same for Malia...so I'm going to close for now...my allotted hour is up anyway...gotta get ready to go to PA~ Michelle...I'll hang out the window and shriek your name, as we pass your exit! Since I'm sure darling daughter will have big plans with friends this evening, I'm going to take dh to see "The Road to Perdition" too, 2cute...We can be like Siskel and Ebert and do our reviews later!

Time to extract fingers from keyboard...Here I go...really...I'm leaving...

Hasta la vista!

Ciao!

Buh-bye.

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-12-2002 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:49 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Kat you are too funny....like I said you better not make me pee my pants in public!! And I thought I heard someone yelling my name as I was napping on the couch this afternoon! What a lazy bu*tt I am huh? that protabella is good on the grill...I had one of those sandwiches in a restaurant here awhile back. And yes, all the good for you stuff is expensive...but we are worth it!

Baylee...take the 2 lb loss and run! My goal is 3 lbs a week but I will settle for 2 a week.....however, I will take 1/2 as long as its going off and not on again! I like instant gratification...I just want to get back to where I was before I got pregnant and go from there.

Oh Kat...I was thinking...(didn't you smell the smoke?)....what if one weekend we took a trip to Tenn. to see Tina? How long do you think it would take us to get there from here? And 2Cute...how long would it take YOU to get to Tenn? I have no idea of the distance between states. Remember...I lived in Rhode Island all my life and you can go anywhere in 30 minutes or less....when I moved here that mentality had to change because it takes 30 minutes or more just to get to a major highway!! Anyhow....its something to think about ehhh?

Ok I am a little disappointed that more of you haven't come out to play today....its almost 7 pm already...where da heck are the rest of yous???

Well I have to give the little dude his bath...I can smell his stinky pants! Peeeeewwwwww!! Takes after his daddy! LMAO

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-12-2002, 08:41 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hidy Ho girls
How is everyone today. Sorry I haven't been in much I am in training at the library. So much to learn that I don't know already. They still haven't hired a head librarian yet or a children's person either. I guess they expect me to do it all

Food is soso. I made the mistake of buying some icecream last week end. But thank god it's gone now. DH and I just finished it.

My tomatoes are getting ripe. I have them running out my ears.

I hope all of you have a nice week end. I am off tomorrow but have a genealogy meeting in the afternoon.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #20  

Hello hello hello !!!!

Kat.... I don't know if you are trying to get rid of me or what???
But "one" of those Siskel and Ebert guys are DEAD !!!
Which are you and which am I ????
I don't know if I like my 50/50 chance here. LOL

NEW YORK CITY !!!! I have always wanted to visit NYC but only with someone who knows where to go. Now I have to decided between Hawaii and NYC for my BIG Reward.
Malia... you better get back in here .... I need you to go to Hawaii.

Michelle... I think Tenn is about an 8-10 hour drive from here.??
I have driven it several times for my daughters competive softball team years ago.... but I don't remember now. I would love to just hop in a car and come visit each one of you. It never hurts to dream.

Mary... sounds like you are going to be one busy lady. You won't have time to eat. LOL I wish you could send me some of those home grown tomatoes. Mmmmm good.

I would review the movie for all of you... but ... I first have to find out if I am the dead one or the living one.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:41 PM   #21  

Thumbs down Just stopping by...

Hi Ladies!

I just got back from playing tennis... my 5th time since Sunday! I have to say... I've improved 500%! That sounds like a lot but when you're as bad as I was, you can ONLY get better! I really enjoy it... it's not the normal pain-in-the-***-is-it-over-yet-somebody-put-me-outta-my-misery event that most other forms of physical activity are for me. I look forward to it. WOW... I LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING TENNIS!!!

Kat... I forgot you were in the NYC area! We're travelling with another couple and, to a certain extent, have a schedule we're gonna stick to with them BUT, if you wanna PM me with your number, I could call you when I get there and see if we could schedule in dinner one evening! I told my husband and he thought it'd be fun! Hey, if you haven't already done so, check out our wedding website (www.regnsara.com) so you'll recognise me if we end up meeting!....Man, I hope Michelle doesn't end up being a NUTCASE or you may think twice about meeting with anyone else!!! (What am I thinking?! You're CLEARLY the nutcase of this group!)

Baylee... A 2 pound loss is great! Please don't be discouraged... you lost!!! Some weeks are bound to be more than others. The important thing is just to stick to what you are doing and before you know it that 2 pounds will be 20!!! Btw, I wish I could come and have dinner with you to keep you company. It would be SO NICE to schedule in dinners with someone else who's also being careful about what they eat! *sigh* I'm invited to TWO barbeques this weekend and I can tell you for sure, I'm gonna have to bring something of my own to eat!!!

2Cute... The beginning of your post to Kat made me laugh out loud!

Mary... I'll send you my address and you can ship some of those homegrown tomatos my way!!! Just kidding... they sound so yummy!

lol... Lucky was the one that suggested the picture of Kat and Michelle! I think it's a great idea!

Talk to everyone soon!
Sara
Old 07-12-2002, 11:56 PM   #22  

Smile Found this in another site.... thought we could use it too.

Starting Over

If you've started out in pursuit of your goal and you've really tried with your heart and your soul, but somehow things got out of control -START OVER!

When you've tried your best to do what you should and you thought this time that you surely would, but once again you didn't do so good - START OVER!

When you've worked so hard to follow a dieters way, and you fought to win a victory each day, but one more time you went astray - START OVER!

When you've tried so hard to yourself to be true, and do the things that you know you should do, but once again you failed to come through - START OVER!

When the road to success seemed much too long, and each temptation was oh so strong, and once again you gave in to wrong - START OVER!

When you've told your friends what you planned to do and trusted them to help you through, but soon discovered it's up to YOU - START OVER!

When you know you must be physically fit, but your hope seems gone and you're stuck in a pit, that's not the time for you to QUIT - START OVER!

When the week seems long and successes few, and at weigh in time you're feeling blue, remember tomorrow is just for you - START OVER!

To start AGAIN means a victory's been won, and starting over AGAIN means a race well run, and starting over AGAIN proves it can be done, so don't just sit there -- START OVER!!

(Written by Dale Dauten -- a nationally syndicated columnist.)
Old 07-13-2002, 08:37 AM   #23  
I'm on my way!

RISE AND SHINE YOU ALL!! COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!

Its gonna be a muggy day here today I can tell already!!

2Cute I love that starting over!! Its so true!!

Sara...oh yes...I am a NUTCASE!! At least my ex would like you to think so! I am nutty sometimes...but the good kind of nutty...Macadamia nutty...the expensive kind!! LOL

Mary you are so busy busy!! Should keep you away from the food then huh? I need to get back to work so I have some structure again!

Tina....OH TINA!! Where are you girlfriend!!??? You better behave...if not we won't be able to hit that tropical island in our Bikinis! Yeah right...as I roll on the floor laughing myself silly...ME in a bikini...I think NOT! Ever!! I prefer one piece suits anyway...I think they are more attractive!! So girlfriend...you better get your hiney here today and post! And btw....what part of Tenn are you in? Not that I am familiar with it. I lived in Memphis when I was 4! I would have to look on a map. And also...how far are you willing to drive to meet us?? John said it would probably take me 18 hours to drive to Tenn! The furtherest I have driven was 11 hours from Rhode Island to West Virginia.

Well since no one else is here to talk at I guess I will get MY hiney dressed and take the little guy up the street to the playground. I will walk...he will ride in his stroller. Lucky guy! LOL

I'll be back...so come out and post...most of you are off work today so there will be NO excuse...It will keep you out of the kitchen and ME too!

TTFN Michelle
Old 07-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #24  

I mowed lawn for two hours last night and still have about an hour to do. Needless to say I didn’t go for a walk. That is my goal. To work outside all day and STILL have the energy to go for a walk.

ANTICIPATION,is making me crazy And I won’t even be there!!!!! So, how long will it take for you two to develop those pictures? Huh?????? This is soooo fun….

Baylee, you are singing my song. But congrats on the 2 pound loss. You are going in the right direction.  I feel the same way about eating at the table. I think we have to do what works us and not always what the so called experts say. I eat too fast too and find I eat less if I pay attention to that and keep trying to eat slower and slower. Soon I will still be eating breakfast at noon!!!

Kat, how about a trip the the Mall of America so Baylee and I can meet you there? You know this is the pits – up until two years ago I was out East a lot for my job.

Here’s a post Michelle….short and sweet because I will be off to garage sale for awhile. Because of all the work I have here I haven’t been to nary a one garage sale yet this year. My heart is beating in ANTICIPATION!!!!! Maybe we could make that our “thread” song!
Old 07-13-2002, 09:31 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here for a quick post. Have to go shopping for food. I'd gladly send tomotoes if I could. I live a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive from Memphis. Wish it was some way we could all have a meeting like a big family reunion.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:33 AM   #26  

Good morning my friends. It is so nice to be able to post often again. But I am not staying long this morning. All of this talk of garage sales has my adrenaline going.

As I was typing here... my cell phone rang ... it was my daughter bragging about the great buys she is getting at garage sales too. So my friends... I am out of hereeeeeee.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:26 AM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Oh man...I had this nice long post going and the little dude just came over and pushed some buttons on the keyboard and I lost the whole thing! Little turd!!

Anyway...I was saying that after Andrew played at the playground for a half hour we went for a walk around the neighborhood for 45 minutes. I am exhausted! And hungry but I am trying to hold out till noon. I already have 4 waters in this morning. I think I sweat out the 4 and then some! I can hardly get up out of this chair now. I have to keep doing the walking and build my stamina back up!

Well I weigh in tomorrow morning...I cheated and got on the scale this morning and its only looking like 2 lbs....but I will take it! Prefer more to start but 2 will do! Its two less than last week! and its better than 2 more than what I was at!

Mary thats nice to know that you aren't far from Tenn. Now if my friend Tina would respond I can find out where she lives and maybe, just maybe we can plan a gathering some place between us all. Kat you can ride with me and the little dude!! I'm a big baby when it comes to flying and now that we had that episode in September I really won't fly! So its gotta be driving for me!

Lucky mowing for 2 hours is plenty of exercise! I would like to be able to mow that much and then be able to walk too but right now if I mowed that much I would be a cripple!! My bones are getting old!

Kat I forgot to tell you that I would NEVER tell anyone that you pigged out! Cause then you would tell on me too!! And for the picture thing...I say we behead the person who thought of it...but come to think of it...it would be a good before picture to post!! Then we can post another after we lose 50 lbs!!

2Cute..I love garage sales too. Only this is my off week cause I only get paid every other week so the money isn't there this week! I get good deals on kid stuff too!

OK its time for me to get my rear off of hear and get some laundry done! I will be back...I know I know....just like that bad penny. Always turning up!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread