Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#863

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.
Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday
These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 PM   #2  

drummergirl: You know, when I saw your screen name my first thought was drum circles, followed by "or maybe she's in a band". Always fun to meet up with another SCAdian! Illinois is Middle Kingdom, right? I'm in Calontir. When women on this site first mentioned belly dancing I said there were a great number of "fat chicks" in the SCA that dance. I'm not one. I have no rhythm whatsoever. I used to...I used to love to go dancing...but DH is so anti-dancing we didn't even have dancing at our wedding! He has said he'd take medieval dance classes...so we'll see. Maybe I can get him to Lilies Ball this year at Lilies War. We'll have to chit-chat more later!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #3  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Sarahdafiregal--Sounds like your back on the wagon, pretty much. BTW--If none of us posted when we fell off the wagon I have a feeling this would be a pretty empty forum! I'd be talking to myself...hahahaha! Just kidding!! Welcome back.

Kayley--I dont like gold gold either. I'd much prefer white gold...or platinum! But I'll probably never own any platinum! I totally suck at bowling! You ROCK!! Good luck on your test, girl.

Brenda--I really like your new avater pic! You look really pretty! I'll be sure to check out your other pics on the pics page. I'm glad your back is feeling better. You never realize how much you use the muscles in your back until they are not working properly.

Countess--2 lbs is awesome! Good job! I'm totally jealous of the good weather you're having . I definitly think your goal is do-able. I think 3 lbs/wk is a good thing to shoot for. Dont let those scales make you cry, honey. A number on a scale DOES NOT determine your self-worth. I knot that is easier said that believed, though. I believe in you.

DrummerChick--Hi!! !! Do you play drums in a band or just for fun? I really enjoy Curves. As for the effectiveness wearing off after a while, I dunno, I've never stuck w/an excercise program that long!

honiangel--Hey, you gotta give yourself some things, right? As long as you did well the rest of the week I think you'll be fine. I agree, you need to throw that scale in the trash! Or send it to me and I'll throw it in a snow bank, ha! I dont blame you not wanting to excercise in front of your bro. I wouldnt even do it in front of my little bro who is the sweetest kid in the world...and I'd NEVER do it in front of my big bro, heck no!

brandnewme--I cam completely relate to you on that 14-yr old girl. I was, I think, 200 lbs when I was 14 and I can only imagine how hard it must be on that girl to weigh 70 lbs more than I did. How sad for her . Weight loss can be such an ugly battle sometimes and I dont wish it on anyone. Good for you, though, for allowing it to be a motivation for you.

Kirsikka--4 lbs?!?! That is AWESOME!! Good for you!

Lillion--We have been absolutely DUMPED on w/snow here in NE!! They closed the interstate west of York earlier today (I'm in Lincoln). We have a picnic table outside at work and it was accumulating so much snow that someone stuck a ruler in it to see how much it was/how fast it was accumulating. I last looked at it around 3:30 this afternoon and it was at almost 9 inches!! I dont think we got that much on the ground because a lot of it melted when it hit the ground, but we're supposed to get another 4-6 inches overnight! What happened to our nice warm weather? I want it back, NOW!!

teahoney--Your goal of excercising 6x this week is amazing! I wish you all the luck in the world and I truly believe you can do it! Losing 100 lbs in a year is a good goal. At least you're not expecting to lose that in 6 mos or something.

Voodoo--You'll be back on track before ya know it. I have faith in you! I cant believe that dude said that to you! People can be so unkind and closed-minded sometimes. Isn't it is amazing to look back at things you did and ask yourself "what was I thinking?" I have had times in my life like that, too.

Valerie--Good for you for at least being able to maintain during hectic times. Your puppy sounds adorable! Yes, I think I definitly need someone to carry my underwear around on his head

Luan--I tried to roast veggies the other day but they came out kinda soggy! I had to leave 'em in the oven for a long time before they even browned. Maybe I used too much oil...? $250 on makeup? I definetly need to come shopping w/you!

We got completely dumped on w/snow today . It had started a little yesterday but was just melting as it hit the ground. Today it really came down on us. I dunno how much we ended up getting but my car almost got high-centered as I was coming into my parking space tonight. I'll have to dig myself out tomorrow too, because our stupid landlord considers "cleaning the parking lot" as someone making a couple passes w/a blade . Now we have waist-high piles behind our cars! Neat! And my work wont close for anything, I have to be there or it counts as an absence. Great. Luckily the roads werent too bad. They were slick, but as long as I went slow it was ok.

We've had such nice weather, I dont understand this crap! Yes, Lillion--Happy 1st Day of Spring!! Sheesh!!

Curves was closed today because of the weather, dangit! And not only did I miss my workout, but today is my weigh-in day! Damn! I havent worked out since Thursday and this is the week I was going to bump up to 4x/wk. Oh well. I cant shake this feeling that the 10 lbs I've lost is creeping back up on me as we speak, though

Oh, I did have an interesting experience earlier, though. I've been reading "The Stand" and am to this part where they are talking about the two characters going through all this snow to get home and the problems they encounter. Well, my drive home was uneventful but when I came to my apt building door the pine tree there was completely sagged bowed over w/snow. I stood there to look at it for a minute because it was pretty and, surprisingly enough, it really wasnt super cold outside. Then I hear CREEEEAK! A huge branch was getting ready to come down--on top of ME! I ran for the door but was afraid to swing back to open it so I just huddled there for a minute till it fell and missed me. WHEW!!

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #4  
Amber

S/C/G: 293/277/140

Countess--Thank you!! That's the kick in the pants I needed. It's too wet and cold here to go for a walk, but I can work out upstairs.

Amy--Yeah, I think the scale needs to go....but I just can't bring myself to buy a GOOD scale. This is a digital scale that my aunt gave me three years ago LOL. Shrugs.

YIKES about your branch mishap....gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Oh, and you can most certainly keep the snow LOL. I haven't seen snow in two years...and I could live the rest of my natural life without it LOL. I'm a TX girl to the core, I do not like cold weather.
_______
Well I did really good today food wise...until this evening, when I want to eat everything in site LOL. I compromised by eating swiss cheese and spinach dip. It was yummy and I am no longer hungry. And the dip was low in fat and carbs so...I didn't really go off plan.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #5  
determined to lose

Amy that tree thing sounds creepy with the Stand...

Kaylee - Congrats on the promise ring and the NSV! You are doing all the good and beating the boy at bowling too, hats off to you!

firegal - wondered where you went to.

Teahoney - good luck with they exercise goal!

I missed the whole thread before this one so that is all my personals. Besides it is bed time.

Has anyone here bought a microwave apple baker from Richard Simmons?? I got one off ebay without instructions and Richard (or someone posing as him) emailed me that he could not find the instructions that it was a very old product. I was hoping someone here might have one from way back when and be able to tell me how to use it. The person I bought it from said it was an old QVC special item and they did not have the instructions either.

Thought it might be worth it to ask.

I got a T-Tapp tape in the mail today and did it tonight, definitely weird. It is the Sit and Tapp video. I hope I did it correctly.

congrats to all you losers and movers and shakers and deal makers and all that good stuff!

chins up everyone else, we will all have our time in the limelight if we keep pluging along.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #6  

Amy - Thanks...if I don't pass this midterm, I'm dropping the course! We didn't get any of that dreadful snow, just loads of WIND. It seems to constantly be windy here! Oh man, about the branch...that's just CREEPY. After reading "It", I slept with the lights on! LOL...and I was 17 at the time!

Garnet - What is T-Tapp? I've never heard of it.

I got an e-mail back from an old friend that I had contacted about a week ago...she was my best friend for years. I called her up, and we might see each other some time this week! I haven't SEEN her since I was about 13! I'm suddenly very nervous!

I'm off to bed, as Spring Break is over *sigh*. It's back to class tomorrow for me!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Garnet;
You do not need a special gadget to microwave bake an apple. Just be sure to core it (leaving a little bit at the bottom) and peel off a strip of the outer peel so that it won't explode. Put it in a microwave safe bowl (pyrex) then fill the hole with diet black cherry soda and spinkle with a little cinnamon. Microwave it for about 6-7 minutes or so and top with some FF Cool Whip!

I make them in the oven sometimes when I cook dinner. I put them in while we eat so that they are ready once we are done eating dinner and the table is cleared.

Good luck!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:59 AM   #8  

Gooooood morning, chicks!
Was planning to make it an early morning, and get at least 10 minutes of a workout this morning before class, but I have to leave in less than an hour, and I just woke up. Considering I didn't get to sleep until about 2:30 this morning, I guess that's okay. I was so stressed about this upcoming midterm...and it's at the END of the day! My friend Susan and I have really talked about this, and if we do fail the midterm, we're going to withdraw from the class, because we can't afford to do terribly in a class. Everyone we've talked to from the class seems to be as lost, if not more so than us. I really wish I wouldn't have taken this class! I wish I would have gone to Sociology instead. We hear that it's a LOT more fun. Well, I suppose I ought to get dressed, and get some breakfast in me before school! Hope you all have a great one!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kayley -- Is this your psych class you're worried about? And that's not fun? That's a true shame. I teach psych and while it is difficult, I work hard to make it fun for my students! Good luck on the midterm (no matter what class it is!)
Old 03-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #10  

Morning Chickies!

Kind of a fly-by post today. I have to start spending WAY less time on line at work or there will be you-know-what to pay!

Kaylee: Good luck on the test. If everyone is lost, mayb the curve will be nice and low? I remember when I took tax in law school. I walked out of the final SURE I'd flunked it. I'd filled in two whole pages with $0 as the answers, on the off chance it was the answer to at least one question! I got a B! That's how lost everyone else was too!

Amy: I saw your photos - you look so different with your hair down! You have beautiful hair! We didn't actually get any snow here, it all went north of us...sounds like you are definately north! HAve you read other Steven King books? I loved The Stand. If you have read certain other books, you should recognize the bad guy - he uses the same bad guy in other books. I won't say from where in case you just haven't figured it out yet! You be careful in all that snow!

I know there's bunches of you I should reply to...forgive me! I really must run....Have a OP day ladies!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:22 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I remember taking psych in college thinking it would be fun. It was something I was really interested in, but the class was SO boring!! The specific professor really does make a world of difference

I'm still floundering around diet-wise. I'm not gaining tons and tons of weight, but I'm certainly not losing, either. Of course, I'm currently PMSing, which doesn't really help the situation much. I am lucky in that I don't crave chocolate, I guess (I'm not a huge chocolate fan anyway), but I just feel so HUNGRY for the couple days right before TOM starts. Thank goodness I only have to deal with that every OTHER month (thanks to BC pills!). The next time I go to a doctor, I may ask about Seasonale (only 4 TOMs a year!).

Someone asked in the last thread (Nancy, I think?) if I was exercising. Answer: big fat no I know I need to. It's not a matter of me not knowing I need to do it. I'm just so damn LAZY! My schedule has calmed down quite a bit, but I still am being a bum about it. I get up around 4:47am and work from about 6:30-3pm, so I am normally home by 4pm. At that time, I sit my butt at my computer and check for any work for my part-time editing job. Then Jeff is home before 5, so I cook dinner when he gets home. We're done eating by about 6:30, and then we just sit around either at our computers or watching a movie or tv (American Idol tonight!) or doing crafts (he likes to make things out of clay, and I have started painting again) until we go to bed (usually around 9:30-10pm).

So yeah, I'm just plain lazy. My schedule will change next week, though, when I start my new job. I don't have to be in until 9:30am, so I don't have to leave the house till about 8:15 or so. That should give me PLENTY of time to work out in the morning after Jeff leaves for work (at about 6:30am). Here's hoping I can get my butt to do something active that early
Old 03-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I loved Psych in school. I even wanted to major in it at one point but my father freaked out. He wanted me to be a design major ( I hated it ) but at that point in my life I did what dad wanted to keep the peace. I was 30 years old before I ever talked back to him. I think it amazed us both. (After a mess I won't go into I said "No more men ever again" and he said "Don't say never" and I screamed "NEVER! DAD, NEVER!" Sadly, I didn't stick to that, but ) I HAVE got the hang of telling dad what I think in an undisputable way now. Gee, and I started talking about psych class. I loved psych.

Took the leap and showed up at a local fitness class this morning. 60 minutes of hard labor turned into 90. When she said TOTAL body workout she MEANT it! Yeah I was by far the biggest babe in the bunch, but it didn't bother me. What bothered me was 'how did I let myself GET this way?' I've always been big, but I remember years ago taking some arobics classes with a couple of friends of mine who were both MUCH slimmer. I was the only one who could do the routines and it wasn't that tough at the time. Of course, even then I was 80 pounds lighter than I am now, so I guess it's no wonder I was... challenged today.

Jilly, I've been PMSing too, unfortunately at the same time that the Girlscout cookies all arrived. Doing that class this morning should put me back on track, but I really wish I'd just thrown the cookies all out last night with the trash pickup. At least I didn't order the 10 boxes I use to order! I hope your new schedule works out for your workouts! I hate getting up early, but I'm always so glad when I do. Good luck!!!

Kayley, gook luck on the 'ZAM! And I guess I have to believe you about the head to foot thing - today in that class a woman MY age was bending in ways I couldn't believe, even about touching her knee to her forehead while sitting on the floor, and she wasn't a super-skinny minnie either.

Off to shop for DH's Bday. Good day, ladies! Good choices, good efforts & good health to y'all!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, I just caught myself doing something crazy! I was in the 100lb Club section, and there's a new woman there who says she weighs 260. My immediate thought was, "Oh, please...only 260? I have much farther to go than you!" I get frustrated listening to people I would consider thin (or at least a LOT thinner than me) complaining about how fat they are and how hard it is to lose weight. Then I realized that I'm less than 15 pounds more than her!

I guess it just shows that even though I'm down 40 pounds, I still think like a 300+ girl. I never really noticed it before until just now. Man, our minds play crazy tricks on us I have a feeling that even if (not if...WHEN) I reach 200 or *gasp* 150, I'll still feel like the biggest girl in the room, ya know?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #14  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Jill - I know what you mean. I have this little self talk (like when I see someone being really perky or something), that goes something like "yeah, easy for you, but trying doing that when you weigh 350 pounds." Then I have to remember that I don't weigh 350 pounds anymore.

It was me who mentioned exercise. For me it has been amazing - I feel so different. Changing jobs is the perfect time to change routines.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 334/313/150

Jill, I know exactly what you mean! My mother who is maybe 150lbs keeps insisting she's obese. Now technically according to her bmi, she is! But honestly she's 55, had 2 kids and she looks great! I told her to get some lipo and stop crying about it
Closed Thread