Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 01:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm so glad that you came over here Sinnrah! I love this site! It's the best and I have made great friends on this thread. I hope you post more often. Thanks for the encouragement withthe two lb gain. I've already got .5 lb off. I did pretty good today too. I hope to see you here more!
Congrats Sheila on getting the place!!! I hope it's everything you want it to be! Have fun moving... wish I could help you. I always get so stress when I have to move. Thankfully we bought this place and don't have to move for years to come.
Well ladies tomorrow is my daughters appointment with the surgeon. I'm getting really nervous. I know he's going to want to operate and that makes me so anxious. She's only 2 1/2. Too young for all of that. I'll let you all know how it goes.
G'nite.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:23 PM   #32  

I scanned thru the posts girls so bare with me.... Spryng I'm keeping you and your dd in my prayers. Sheila congrats on getting the place!
I'm not doing do well here. My du died on the 7th. It has been a very difficult time for my family. I'm trying to deal with it. I'm also being visited by tom so needless to say I'm even more emotional than usual.
Take care girls!

Last edited by MistyMichele; 07-11-2002 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:28 PM   #33  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Misty,,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. I can only imagine what it must be like to go through a loss like that. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sprying,

I am here and am going to be posting often. I do like the layout of this place better than the other. But i am going to bounce back and forth. I have about 5 different boards I post on. I need all the support I can get.

congratulations on the 5lbs loss. How much more now?

Sinnrah
Old 07-11-2002, 02:27 PM   #34  

Misty I am so sorry of the loss of your husband .. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your family for strength and emotional recovery and extra strength for you during this time.. I wish I could say something to fix it all but I dont really have the words ..
Take Care
sheila
Old 07-11-2002, 03:16 PM   #35  
Searching for Motivation

Hi all

Oh Misty, I am soooo sorry to hear about your loss. It absolutely breaks my heart. It'll be a long grieving process but we're all here whenever you need to talk. Please feel free to pm me if you feel the need to talk one-on-one instead of to the group. Sometimes that's easier. I will be thinking of you and your family during this tough time and wishing for the best.

Sheila - congrats on the new place! Packing is the worst, but unpacking can be just as fun as opening presents (just think of it as Christmas ). I hope everything goes smoothly and that the weather cooperates on moving day .

Spryng - My thoughts and prayers are also with you and your dd. Just keep in mind that if she does need surgery, these procedures are very common and are completed fairly quickly. I know it can be scary but just hang in there. The bright side is that she's so young she won't even remember this in a few years; and more than likely, you can devert her attention to other things besides her bandages - like ice cream and painting! She'll be back to tearing up the house in no time flat! Congrats, btw, on the new bike and the lost #s. It's really amazing how little time it takes for your body to get acclimated to a new routine. Pretty soon you'll be able to sit there and type away for hours and the #s will just melt away. Good luck

Karen - welcome to our little corner of the world! I'm Jen but go by Sassypie cause there's another Jen here somewhere (Jen - where are you?) I've been a SAHM to 2 girls (6 and 4) since 10/01 and am loving it so far. My weightloss goal is to lose 40# by Jan. or at least lose enough inches so I can wear clothes without elastic. I'm not on any plan, I just workout 6 days/week and watch what I eat. Maybe not the best plan but it seems to be working slowly but surely so far. I think you'll like it here and I hope to hear from you often.

My apologies if I missed anyone. I know it's been a while since we've heard from some ladies and my mind is going blank right now. As for me, I have worked myself this week! I don't know why, when my dh is on vacation, we find so many projects to work on ! We cleaned out the garage, basement, the carpets, rearranged all the furniture, painted a little, weeded, and there's more to come - ugh! Plus, I'm trying to get in at least 30 min of exercize daily. I'm exhausted! What I need right now is a wheelchair and someone to push me in it! Any takers?

Ok, well, break's over - time to get back to work. Have a good rest of the day ladies and stay on program. Talk to y'all soon.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:45 PM   #36  

Misty you posted that your dh died. is that your husband?????? I'm frantic thinking you must mean someone else. PLease let me know.
Well I took my dd to the surgeon today and guess what? The hernia couldn't be seen. It comes and goes when it pleases. And the doctor really needs to see it before we can proceed. So now we get to wait until it pops back out and then we have to get her there quick so that he can examine her and then we set a surgery date. Kinda like labor. When you start feeling contractions and think you need to go to the hospital they stop as soon as they examine you, well this is how her hernia is. Everytime she has seen a doctor it won't be visible. But he said eventually it will stick out alot and won't slide back in.
Well I kinda overdid my eating already today. My DH took us to eat at a mexican restaurant that has all you can eat lunch and I ate way too much. It was just so good. I wouldn't doubt if I ate 1000-1100 cals right there. So for the rest of today I'm eating very light and going to try and get in 30 minutes of exercise. That should undo any damage I might have done to myself.
I guess I am off here for now. Talk to you all later!
Old 07-11-2002, 04:52 PM   #37  

Oh my goodness. It is a good thing I checked back here. I just corrected the typo. Wow. My Uncle died the one I spoke of who had the heart attack and his wife was just out of having 3 (or 4 i can't remember?) by passes done.
Forgive me. I scared myself there. Hoss my DH is fine. I'm even worse off than I thought Sorry about that.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:20 PM   #38  

Good evening ladies!
Misty I am so glad that you cleared that up. When I first read that my heart stopped, then I thought, she must have meant someone else. So I'm glad it wasn't your husband. But I am truly sorry to hear it was an uncle.
Well ladies, my day might not have been great in the eating department but it was fantastic in the exercise one!! I actually got in 50 minutes of exercise!!!!! I am psyked! I felt bad about eating El Chico's for lunch so I wanted to get in 20 minutes of continuous exercise on the bike. So I did. I was worn out but felt great. Then after a while I cooked up some pizza bites (not a great choice) and had about 8 or so. Then I felt bad about it so I hopped on the bike again for 30 minutes solid. I did a total of 9.3 miles and it said I burned 429 cals but it's not accurate. It should be more but it takes only into account my legs being worked out and not my arms too which I do both at the same time. So it should be a good number. And I am very happy with myself right now. I could really feel the muscles in my upper arms and shoulders being worked well and I can't wait until I see results!! But I have a question, my bike works my legs and arms, so do I need to do a seperate workout to tone my abs or by working my legs and arms will melt the fat off that area too?? I've heard that targeted workouts don't actually target a specific area so will riding the bike tone my entire body eventually?? I'm unsure on that. My problem areas aren't my legs and arms so much as it is my thighs, hips, and lower abs. I would do anything to see them shrink. Should I be doing more??
Well anyway, I hope someone can help me out with that. I'm calling it a night on the net. I bought a new PC game that I want to play now that the kiddos are down for the night before I crash too. G'nite all!!
Old 07-12-2002, 06:40 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning, Everyone!

WOW! It took me well over a half-hour just to read all the posts since I last checked in here! I'm not too sure how my memory w/b, so please accept my apologies in advance if I miss addressing any of you! Misty: I'm sorry to hear that your Uncle passed away. How is your Aunt taking it & how has her health been lately? I hope that you & your family will find some comfort by looking back on the fond memories you will have of him. As for your weight-try not to think about it right now, but maybe try & get some exercise in. It will not only help you burn some calories, but relieve some of the stress that you're dealing with right now. Spryng: I hope that everything turns out for your dd with her hernia. I'm debating if it's a relief that it went away, or if it s/b frustration! I know what you mean about being put under for surgery. My dd has needed her tonsils out for years, but I keep putting it off for the same reason! Congrats on finally getting the recumbant bike that you were waiting so patiently for! If you consistently keep on pedlin' away, your weight s/b off in no time! Don't feel bad if you see gain for awhile, as it will probably only be "muscle" gain. Once your muscles start to "plump" up, they will kick in & you will start to really burn those calories off! For your question about toning your tummy: It should help somewhat, but it mostly targets the legs & buttocks area the most. You should notice your posture improving & the aerobic workout will make you inhale & exhale a lot, so this will also help work your abs too! I'm not an expert in physics, just what I've learned with my own body. I haven't hopped on my bike in a long... time, so you're definitely ahead of my pedlin' record! You have given me incentive though & hopefully I'll try & get 20-30 min. in today. What helps me to pedal longer is being able to go on the internet & at least read the current posts & my e-mail. I hope that you are able to rig something up to be able to do the same. You may need to have your computer at an awkward angle, but if you could just have the mouse & monitor in near reach should help some. Well gals, I'm getting really sleepy again. I'll have to quit posting for now & get back to the rest of you later. I'm going back to bed!

Last edited by Freckles; 07-12-2002 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:07 AM   #40  

Good Morning!
Thanks for asking about the family Jackie. My auntie is holding up v. well. The funeral was last night. They seem to be getting thru. She has lost alot of weight. Which is good because she needed to. I wish is could have been under better circumstances. And my weight is coming down too. I was about 130# yesterday and today I'm around 127#. I started a new diet and workout routine Hope you do hop back on your bike soon. I got away from mine for awhile too.

Yeah, I about died when I read what I wrote Spryng! That'll teach me not to proof read my posts. BTW I'm saying big prayers for your Dd. And to your question about the target exercising. Well, my tummy stays fairly flat even at 150# it was. I carry most of mine in my thighs under my rear. Anyhow as the # on the scale go down abs will become firmer and everything you are doing is surely helping like Jackie said. Yoga really seems to keep my parts firm. If I could just figure out how to shrink my thighs. It is so frustrating. Anyhow, I'd say in a couple of week you will see lots of results. Just stay away from those pizza bites

As for me I was eating simple carbs like there were never going to be any again. You'd choke if you knew all the pizza and pancakes I've been eating. So I've swore off bread and pasta... anything with white flour and sugar. I'm feeling much better since the first day.
Have a great day!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:56 AM   #41  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning!

Hi ladies,

I've been pretty tied up with my Dm visiting, and all of my nephews came with her, plus she brought my Ds back to me. He'd gone to visit for a few weeks, but now he's home and one of our nephews stayed too!

I'm still OP, I weighed in Tuesday night but didn't get to post because that's when Dm got here, so here goes! As of Tuesday night, I lost 3.8 lbs. this week and my total loss for 4 weeks is 19.6 lbs! I haven't done much in the exercise dept. but I just order a few workout dvd's and can't wait to get them in!

Misty, sorry to hear about your families loss of your Du. Remember that we're all here for you, anytime!

Spryng, I hope Dd is doing fine, and I know you're worried about her going under for the surgery, but I'm sure it'll be fine! My Ds had surgery a few years back, they took out his tonsil and adenoids, and everything was fine. But he threw up in my new car on the way home so my advice is ride with someone!
Good luck with everything! And congrats on riding your bike for 50mins!!!

Sheila I know you've got your hands full with moving, we moved pretty recently and it's the worst thing I've ever done! But it was accross 2 states, I hope yours goes smoothly!

Well everyone, it's time for a healthy breakfast, and house work. I'll BBL!

274.2/254.6/135
Old 07-12-2002, 10:15 AM   #42  

Good morning ladies. I'm not in high spirits today. I was hit with some devestating news last night and I'm really out of it. My whole life has just been turned inside out and I have no clue what I'm going to do next. I am seeing results though. The scale says I weigh the same but my upper abs are slimming down (that's where I always lose weight first it seems) My legs feel strong and I can see my upper back toning up. That's an area I don't even think about but I forgot what a nice back looked like. I will get on the bike today but I don't know for how long. It's hard just to think this morning. I just want to sit and cry. I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep. Please think about me today and send "happy" vibes. I need it so bad. I'll check back in later.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:55 AM   #43  
Diet Freak ;)

Hey Sprying,

I hope you are alright. I will keep you in my prayers along w/ everyone else on the thread that need it.

I also got hit with devistating news today. It must be going around. My grandmother (70 yrs old) just found out that she has blockage in her heart and they dont know if it can be repaired.

I will send you happy vibes if you send me some too.

love
Sinnrah
Old 07-13-2002, 11:57 AM   #44  

Good morning all.
Well I lost another .5 lb. Down to 138. I guess I must be gaining muscle because I have never lost so slowly. but I'm ok with that. I even had olive garden last night but I didn't eat much. I kept to the plan.
I only did 10 minutes on the bike yesterday. I just didn't have it in me to do any more. Like I said yesterday I'm going through a rough time right now. but I'm trying to stay focused and get this weight off because it will make me feel better about myself. And I really need to like myself right now.
I'll post later.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:03 PM   #45  
Diet Freak ;)

Hey Sprying,

I am so glad you have lost 5 lbs....congratulations. I hope your spirits are up today.

Funny you mentioned olive garden...me and my dh are suppose to go there today.

I will continue to give you good vibes ok?

Sinnrah
Closed Thread