Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

All the people I've seen from my high school look
EXACTLY the same. No one got fat, seriously! There is ONE person that gained weight. I definitely make sure all my pictures are the most flattering ones.

Just a tip for new Facebook people - to potentially thwart any unflattering "tagging" that goes on - change your privacy settings so that "only you" can see people who have tagged you. Makes for a much nicer Facebook experience!
And I am very respectful when it comes to tagging people myself - i always ask first if they like how they look in the pictures so they can be tagged.

~choirgirlhotel~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hahhahha, speaking of tagging gone horribly awry, check out this LOVELY high school picture from a band trip in high school a friend posted:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1205778089

I believe it's about 1986 in that picture (I think I'm 16). I used to LOVE those shorts and check out that feathered mullet!!

It is funny, I used to think I was SO FAT in high school, but I am clearly not fat. A little chunky. Man, I wish I had just cleaned up my eating a little instead of embarking on the starve/binge diet that led to a 60 lb weight gain over 20 years!

Last edited by Glory87; 04-10-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoRuth View Post
ok FB addict here and the worst is when a "friend" posts some awful unflattering photo of you just for fun! anyway I have been every size from a 6 to an 18 but in general I untag photos of myself I don't like (once you have untagged yourself no one can retag you)
This is good to know. I live in fear that someone will tag me and everyone will see a bad picture of me!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #19  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I joined facebook about a month ago, and am coming up on my 20th HS reunion.

It's been fun getting in touch with people I knew in high school -- even the "cool" kids are friending me. Everyone has been very nice so far. It's like high school again, but better!

And guess what -- NO ONE looks the same!! Everyone has gained weight / lost hair / got wrinkles / looks different. Time has added a lot of "character" to us all!

And another thing that time has added is MATURITY. It's not like high school where I have to worry about looking perfect in order to be accepted. The "cool" kids aren't snubbing me or insulting me because I don't have the trendiest clothes or look like a bean pole, because they have changed too! Inside and out!

Yes, I am sometimes surprised at how people look now when I see their pics, but it doesn't mean I think less of them. It's more like "Wow! I didn't recognize him/her!" I am sure it's the same when people see my photo, and it will be the same with you.

Last edited by Apple Cheeks; 04-10-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote