Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 07:23 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Good morning Kat and Mary

Yes it is definintely barren here lately.... but I noticed many of groups are having lean times too. I think it is partly due to SPRING.

I am leaving today for Missouri to attend my BIL funeral.
I am suppose to be packing this very minute...but I could not leave you two alone here. Of course... Kat won't be alonne long if she keeps mooning her neighbors.

I wish I had more time. I would email everyone and remind them of us lonely few keeping their seats warrm. I know where Thin is...but where are the rest of you????
The mystery continues..........

WAY TO GO WEDNESDAY......
Well... I don't have much to brag about. My food has sucked lately... but ... I bought this bag of chocolate covered pretzels that I usually devour in one seating. Well... I have eaten out of the bag 5 times in like7-8 days and I still have more left.
The secret to my success has been the freezer. I take out one serving and put them back into the freezer before I even take my first bite. That way I am aware that I am done and it is not an ongoing eating fest.
I know... it is not much... but beggers cant be choosey.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:01 AM   #17  

I haven't eaten much and certainly have worked harder than in the past but the scale just sits there.

I know, I know, so don't even mention that dirty word, journaling.

The weather has finally warmed up. It's 54 now and 80 during the day. Of course with the heat and the rain that means mow, mow, mow!!!

I have to get serious about this diet, exercise thing but will wait until after my vacation. In the mean time, I can plan.

Have a good Wednesday.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:59 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Quick hi!

I'm so glad to see a few more pleasant souls back on the boards! Guess where I'm headed again...I've got to get this stuff in the ground before it all goes kaput on me...the trouble is, I can't go out and just plant...there are so many other things to do first; weed and pick out all the maple tree seeds and seedlings that are starting to sprout (you should see the forest growing in my gutters! A job for next week) I have lots of stuff to transplant to make way for new stuff...I have to "Avoid the neighbor" (this one's tough)...chase the dog away from new beds...figure out how to repel another neighbor's cat from using my flowers as a potty site...well sitting around here typing about it ain't gettin' it done!!

So a few quick words and I'll be on my way...

Welcome back, Baylee...it sounds like you had a great time with your grandkids...I hope to be a cool grandma like you someday! I admire your attitude...you ate what you wanted, but now it's back to business...good for you!

Lucky...Wow...80 degrees...that was a fast change...weren't you guys still having snow predictions a couple weeks ago? You must be loving the warmth. I'd say that mowing certainly counts as exercise! Hang in there...

2cute, I know you're gone for a few days, but just wanted to let you know you and your husband have my deepest sympathies. I like your strategy with the pretzels...one of my (many) weaknesses...whatever works, right?

HI Mary, Malia, Thin, Michelle, Susie, Tina, Theresa, Duckie...anyone else? Hi to any lurkers! Feel free to pop in anytime...it looks like we have a few vacancies...

Gotta run...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-29-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:40 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hi Girls

just a quick post I am so busy. Food is soso. I may not be on for a few days but I'll be back we got our County History books today and we have to get them sorted and delivered. Keep plugging away and I'll see all of you later
Old 05-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaaack!

We had a decent trip, considering. We drove the 4.5 hours to Ludington, MI and then took the Lake Michigan Car Ferry to Manitowac, WI. The lake was beautiful. It was very calm and a really nice sail. We had Subways on the boat, bought them before boarding because the prices of food (and choices) on the boat are not good. DH, mom and I played cards for the 4 hour boat ride and it was very relaxing.

When we arrived in WI it was an hour's drive to the convent. The funeral was very nice. All these little old nuns are sooooo cute. Just kind of scurrying around. The nuns have to write an autobiography when they enter the convent and my aunt had updated hers in 1988 after 50 years as a nun. It was read at her funeral.....very touching.

We left from the convent and drove home. We got through Chicago on Tuesday night and stayed in Portage, IN. We couldn't believe the traffic in Chicago at 9:00 at night. OMG! It was nuts!!! We slept in this morning and then left the hotel about 10:30 and drove the rest of the way home. Got in about 2:00 this afternoon. Glad it's over.

Well, now that I have given you the blow by blow of the past 3 days, I'll get on with this post!

2cute: I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. My sincerest sympathies to you, your husband and family. How very nice though that they were able to have a nice visit just this last weekend. That is a blessing! * I'm glad you took the opportunity to be by yourself and renew. We need that every once in awhile. We are such consistant caregivers, but we never learn to take care of ourselves. * I'm sorry I wasn't here to support your bladder!!! It is sooooo painful trying to 'hold it' when you don't want to. I'm glad it's over, I hope the results are favorable. Gall stones are not fun.

LuckyLadyBug: I'm sorry that the encounter with your former 'friend' didn't go well. It's very possible that it was because his wife was there. He probably felt awkward....too bad he felt the need to be rude because of it!

Malia: It sounds like you had a nice weekend. Imagine......a dog that doesn't know how to dig!!!!! I just hope now that you've taught him, you won't be disappointed when he wants to dig everywhere.

Katrina: Boy, you've been a busy little bee, planting. I bet your yard is coming along beautifully. Remedy for wayward neighborhood cats: Fill mesh bags (like the little red ones that garlic and stuff come in) or nylons with mothballs and hang at the base of trees and shrubs in your garden. No more cats and it won't hurt the plants. Also a good remedy for mice in garages, BTW. Hang one on either side of the garage doors.

Mary: Busy, busy, busy as usual. You surely have a full life! Has your son found work yet, or is that still a sore subject?

Baylee: It sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a cool grandma you are....sleeping in a tent and everything! Woohoo! And the shopping spree sounds like it was fun too. Spoil those grandkids, I say. You can always give them back to their parents to straighten out!

Well girls, the laundry, it is a calling. All of the jobs I had scheduled for yesterday and today are moved into tomorrow so it will be one very busy day! Wish me luck!

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-29-2002 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:53 AM   #21  

Welcome back Baylee and Thin. You both had a good time, but we missed you.

Baylee 35W is always busy. Oh, for the "big city" days. I loved my nieces and nephews at those ages. When I would visit I would have to sleep on the floor with them. They liked to be by me so I would have one on each side and one by my head. Now they are teenagers UGH!!!!! No pleasing them now.

Thin Your boat ride sounds wonderful. I love the water. So peaceful. Malia, with all the water around you, you must be very mellow. The nuns didn't have to slap your fingers with a ruler while you were there did they?

Do moth balls only keep away cats? I have a rabbit issue!

Sure is humid and might hit 90 today....and I have to mow when I get home. We went to see Dad last night but when I got home at 7:30 I went and mowed some of the lawn. It was showing signs of storming so I was pushing pretty fast but got that section done before the rain came.

Have a great Thursday....
Old 05-30-2002, 03:27 PM   #22  
a work in progress...

Hi there!

Good to see you back, Thin...your trip sounds nice (despite the reason for it!) That is an area of the country that I would love to see some day...Michigan/Great Lakes...I have never been to the mid-West...Actually, my dream is to drive cross country, hopefully while I'm still relatively young, and just see as much as I can see...I'll make a pit stop at each of your houses! How cool would that be? I might have a tough time driving to Malia's!

Work is getting to be (getting?) a real DRAG! There are rumors flying around of a merger with a bigger hospital...I am PRAYING they do...which would mean that the present administration would probably be replaced by one that just may know what the heck they are doing...and THEN, hopefully...they'll offer retirement packages to those of us that have been there too damn long...then bye bye ********!! Hey! I can dream, can't I? In the meantime, I'll just keep buying lottery tickets!

Another gorgeous day. I am LOVING this Spring! It is 80 and breezy...my back was in some sorry shape yesterday so I'm going to take it easy on the gardening today. Going shopping instead, need to get my son some summer clothes...

Well, I found out why my eating has been so bad these past days...it's that TOM! Try as i might, I just could not get it together, diet-wise this past week...now I know why. Why is that, do you suppose? Perhaps the body seeks to replace the lost iron? WITH CHOCOLATE???

Thanks for the advice about the moth balls, thin...that's one of the items I plan on picking up today...I have heard that too, just never tried it...today's the day! I think cayenne pepper is also used to keep squirrels and rabbits away, Lucky...I may have to get some of that too...there are squirrels here that drive my dog nuts...and I keep finding PEANUTS buried as I plant my flowers! Say bye bye, critters!

gotta go be productive...well, as much as I can be, with cramps and a nagging back! At least the PMS has lifted!

See ya'll later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-30-2002 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:27 PM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Default Bye for awhile......

Hey my friends...........

You know, (and this is not meant to offend anyone) I always told myself I would not be one of those people that just popped in from time to time and shared their life. I wanted to be very dedicated and be here everyday. And I was, for awhile..................but as most of you have seen, my time here has been shorter and shorter. Why? I don't know. I have been busy, but I could have made time. Am I off program? Yes, I am. Not completely "throw the plan out the window" off program, but not counting points and haven't been to a meeting in 3 weeks. Why? Don't know. Well, yes I do. I want to eat what I want. I'm sick of counting and measuring every bite that goes in my mouth. Even though I know WW is the best plan around and I feel so much better with this weight off of me, temptation has called me and I have answered. Even as I type this, I know I will get back on track........each day starts out really good, and then I am famished by the time I get home from work and I just put whatever I want in the old piehole. I haven't been motivated to exercise, drink my water or come here. I've not been too ashamed to come here......just felt like a traitor somehow. I know you all probably think I'm just one of those nuts that pass in and out of the thread, but I don't want to be. Right now, it's just too much for me, if that makes any sense. So, I will not be posting for awhile. I don't know how long. When I come back, if I come back..............I hope everyone will remember me. I love you guys.....I really do.

Tina
Old 05-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

Don't give away my slot you guys! I am just in the same boat with Tina right now! I too will get back on track but right now I am drowning! I have no self control!

Tina you WILL be back here...you have come too far to throw it away! Just get this out of your system and come back! I know we can do it! I did it once before!

I haven't read the thread in a long time but I will eventually catch up!

For now...just know I think about you all every day!

Michelle
Old 05-30-2002, 08:53 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

I will truly miss your posts, Tina...I hope you know that you can always come and share anything that's going on in your life...doesn't have to be diet related...I think the energy here transcends "diets" and comes from mutual understanding of each other as women, and all that that entails...

It's funny...I was also having a moment today that consisted of, "i am sick of dieting and counting and weighing and wondering, "will I lose this week?" Maybe I should just resign myself to the fact that this is how I'm supposed to be... and be the best person I can be at this weight. I think that once I am totally accepting of myself, the rest will fall into place. I don't know...

Anyway, please pop in and see us as often as you can, Tina...I've missed you and your spirit and your humor...and love you too!
Old 05-30-2002, 08:56 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Same goes for you, Michelle!! You must have been posting the same time I was... Please don't give up on yourselves or on us!

Hey, am I still invited to Sea Isle City??
Old 05-31-2002, 12:28 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just peeking in before I shut the computer down for the night. It's been a busy day catching up on all the work that I shuffled out of the couple of days I was gone. I still have all the paperwork to do, but I'll do that in the morning because once again, I procrastinated and rented two movies for tonight since everything on TV is now re-runs.

We got Training Day with Denzel Washington. I thought it was very good. It's a little hard to take the corruption and violence aspects of the film, but I thought the story line was very good. We also got Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise. Ladies, that is one veeeerrrrrryyyyyy strange movie! This movie review respectfully submitted by the critic.

LuckyLadyBug: Nope, no rulers this trip!! As far as the moth balls go, my mom and dad used to hang those little bags on either side of the big garage door, down near the floor and it would keep out field mice and chipmunks, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for rabbits too.

Katrina: Come on by. Michigan has a lot of great stuff to see.

Tina: Now, Tina *she says in her sternest voice* don't you be leavin' us because you are having a rough time. Don't forget, you did that once before and then forgot your 'call name' when you returned. We don't care if you talk about weight or the flowers or the weather or my grey hair, for that matter. We've all become such good friends that I wouldn't care if we never talked about food and weight (although I think that's what the site is for ) again. Think about a visit here like all of us getting together for coffee in the morning and chatting, some mornings you can make it, and some mornings you can't. But nonetheless, we put the coffee on every morning and there's a place set for each of us. We would miss you if you left.

Michelle: The same goes for you. You have become a good friend to this group and one of the things that makes the group so good is all of the members sitting a spell. * As far as the other thread goes, you may never 'catch up'. I printed off two to take with me on the trip and haven't finished them yet. Just start where we're at and go from there.

Ok girls, I gotta go. My pillow is calling me. Talk to you later.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:08 AM   #28  

Boy oh boy... there must be something in the air.
I didn't think so much about quitting as much as
I have been thinking of gastric bypass because of my failures.

I KNOW how hopeless we can get when our food is not going good. I KNOW how much we can miss eatting. I KNOW how tired we get trying and trying.
BUT....I also KNOW that I "gain" when I leave here.
I know I just say... "heck with it... I am going to eat"

What I don't know is.... if I stay... will I lose some weight??
If I stay.... will I maintain??

I KNOW if I leave... I turn to food.
I don't know if I stay what will happen.

Hmmm.... the worst that can happen is I gain weight.... well ... I am going to gain anyway if I leave. Soooo I guess I am here to stay a little longer...
AND I hope and pray that Tina, and Michelle and anyone else out there suffering alone stays too.

Tina and Michelle.... I want to beg you to stay... but I won't.
I will respect your decision... but I just can't stand here and not say STOP !!!!!!
You are having a hard time of it now.... that is part of the process.
I wish it could be an easy ride... BUT it isn't.
I wish it could be fair... BUT it isn't.

IT IS NOT EASY losing weight.
But it is not easy being fat either.
It is just more familar.

This is a learning experience... you are learrning how to improve your eating habiits.
You both have experiienced success.
So you have slipped... maybe even slidinnng...LOL .... but just plant those heals into the ground and STOP the downhill plunge.
You may not be on top of it yet... but just stop the freefall.

You said you have not been here reading. Start again !!!!
You said you have been back into the food. Make one good choiice today. Just one. Just a baby step. A baby step back here with us again. WE LOVE YOU !!!! We don't care if you are fat or thin... but I do care that you find happiness. And although I am happy "for the moment" when eatinng.... I am not happy with the body that results from momentary satisfaction.

I feel so contradictory ..... I love you whether you are eating on plan or not.... but eat on plan
How do you tell a loved one that they are fine just as they are... loved unconditionally.... yet also say... don''t quit trying.???
I don't know the words... it is soooooo frustrating.

I just want to be accepted as I am... to acceppt me now... not when I lose my weight.
Yet... those who love me... want me to lose this weight BECAUSE they love me.
They know the **** I live in because of my weight.

I am rambling..... I am going to shut up.
Just know... I DO love you ... and I DO want your happiness.
And that happiness may not be found here for you.... in reality... it made ME happy having you here.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:18 AM   #29  

STOP

We are continuing this thread at 300+ ...#174

Please come join us there and add your replys.
Closed Thread